WD Company buyout of DLP

Started by britincgn, August 24, 2012, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto2011Pluto

Does this mean DisneyLand Paris will closed.

ed-uk

Quote from: "Pluto2011Pluto"Does this mean DisneyLand Paris will closed.

No it doesn't.
Ed & David

Pluto2011Pluto

Quote from: "ed-uk"
Quote from: "Pluto2011Pluto"Does this mean DisneyLand Paris will closed.

No it doesn't.
OH THANKS YOU ED-UK . :thumbs:

I'M GALD THAT THE THEME PARK WILL REMAIN OPEN SINCE I HOPE TO COME TO DLRP NEXT MONTH.

ford prefect

The ownership of the resort is largely irrelevant.  The debt burden is very high and is being whittled down.  Why should TWDC take on a €1.8billion debt when the holding company can barely service it as it is.

TWDC will probably increase finance and continue waiving royalties until the indebtedness is significantly reduced over a four year period.

At the moment TWDC will begin to make money without responsibility in the next 6 or seven years.

The advantage of ownership for TWDC is reducing management over heads and adnexal expenses.  They already manage the central booking and artistic areas.  

I can see this happening, but not for some time.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Josh

OK. So as guests, we wouldn't see much of a difference if this happened?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ford prefect

We would see no difference as guests at all.  The resort is in no more danger of closing now than it was in 1994, 1997 or 2004.

Put simply it is TWDC interests for EURO DISNEY SCA to be the fall guy if anything happens.  If it defaults the companies under the control of Euro Disney SCA will go bankrupt, the holders of the debts (hedge funds, banks, France) will take ownership of the assets.  They would require someone to run those assets and the ONLY organisation with the legal rights to use the copyrighted features of DLP is TWDC.

Win/win for The Walt Disney Company

Aladar

I think everyone at Disney is sick at seeing how their European Disneyland is falling apart in other people's hands. This is their chance to save the park, pay the debts (they have the money!) and do things the Disney way. I hope this happens very soon.

Josh

Quote from: "ford prefect"We would see no difference as guests at all.  The resort is in no more danger of closing now than it was in 1994, 1997 or 2004.
I meant more in terms of expansion projects and improvements. Are they more likely to fund that when they own most of the shares? :)

EDIT: It looks like Alain answered my question. XD

Quote from: "Disney and More"http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/breaking-news-walt-disney-company.html

And what does all this means for DLP fans? Well, it means that "a buyout would be followed by increased investment in the resort aimed at paying down the debt more quickly and increasing the number of attractions".

I've been saying since a long time that DLP needed a "Marshall plan" and may be it's finally coming now, although in a different way than i had expected. If the WDC really do this buyout it might resolve not only DLP debt problem but also, as they will be totally in charge of DLP parks just like they are at Disneyland Anaheim or WDW, that they will try to resolve DLP problem for once and for all and the example of California Adventure just prove decently that when they want to do it, they can do it.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

This seems to coincide with some rumours of an imminent "Extreme Makeover" project for the Walt Disney Studios park.

Anyway, for DLP fans, this should be a great "rumour".
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ed-uk

i don't know what will happen.  but I can't imagine an imminent, extreme makeover of the WDS coming down the line any time soon, if ever, and if a buyout is such a great idea why haven't we heard of it before? If it's based on the value of the shares, they've been a lot lower than they are now.
Ed & David

ford prefect

An interesting point.  An irresponsible comment can (and has) cause(d) the share price to leap, making it more expensive for TWDC to buy them.

TWDC has a history of silence in these matters and it is surprising they would allow this to leak, unless they need the price to rise.

They would usually set up a purchasing company to surreptitiously buy the shares/property.  

It strikes me this is more of a speculative article posing as news.

ed-uk

In the Times article it says Disney aren't certain to make a bid for the company,  to make sure that their backs are covered if it doesn't.
Seven years ago Comcast put in a bid to buyout the WDC and that bid failed,  some news papers were convinced it would happen.  Comcast went on to buy Universdal.
Ed & David

disney-john

Quote from: "Aladar"I think everyone at Disney is sick at seeing how their European Disneyland is falling apart in other people's hands. This is their chance to save the park, pay the debts (they have the money!) and do things the Disney way. I hope this happens very soon.
Couldn't agree more, think the dlp is being run into the ground, when you look at how the haunted mansion in wdw has been maintained and improved to the way Phantom Manor has been disgustingly been allowed to date and fall to bits proves this point.
Sure I read the bob Iger had a plan to put right what Eisner got wrong, he's done it with the movie side brought Pixar on board, sorted out DCA, so that leaves Dlp, I read somewhere that the debt was to do with the amount of hotels Eisner wanted in the first place.

Hope this is true as the entertainment done by WDC is stunning like dreams, whilst the entertainment by eurodisney ie the magic everywhere is cheap, tackly and lazy (ie the music just repeating!)

Fingers crossed!
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

Josh

It's funny. The WDW fans always complain at how poor their maintenance is (due to their odd budgeting and management structure), but we dream of having maintenance as good as WDW. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

Fans just like to complain, at least some fans do, it doesn't make much difference what Disney do (until Cars Land), if it doesn't look like DisneySea or The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter.
Ed & David