Mickey-Donald-Goofy The Three Musketeers (DTV 2004)

Started by Anthony, September 20, 2004, 11:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I finally got the UK DVD last week (along with free Musketeer Mickey beanie!  :D ) and i have to say that this is without a doubt the best DTV movie i've ever seen.  Even if it is only 60minutes long, the songs, the music, the humour and the animation more than make up for that and provide a very entertaining and surprisingly funny film for Mickey and the gang to make their long overdue return.

May this be the start of a new line of 2D Mickey & co movies!  :mickey2:

Kristof

I totally agree.  A lot of children will love this movie.  It has a lot of humor in it refering to the old cartoons, which is fun for the fans too.

Anthony

It would be good if it built up more interest in Mickey again aswell, and perhaps made some parents/kids rediscover the classics by buying the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs which seem to have sold quite poorly in the UK so far.  At least i think they have, since there's no sign of the second wave which was meant to be released around this time.  :cry:

PAT_MAGIC

It really is a great movie, do u think at all that the second Walt Disney Treasures Series will come out here in the UK? :?

Anthony

It looks really unlikely at the moment unfortunately.

At least there's the big wave of Special Editions over the next few months, just browse through the "Classics" section of http://www.disney.co.uk/DisneyVideos to see when they're all released:

Aladdin - Oct 2004
Alice in Wonderland - Apr 2005
Bambi - Feb 2005
Cinderella - Oct 2005
Jungle Book - Mar 2007
Lady and the Tramp - Mar 2006
Little Mermaid - Oct 2006
Make Mine Music - Out Now [Really?]
Mary Poppins - Apr 2005
Mulan - Nov 2004
Pocahontas - Apr 2005 (again not Jan)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Oct 2008
Tarzan - May 2005

Sounds good, eh?  :D

PAT_MAGIC

If it doesn't come out here i will go and buy a multi regional DVD player, and will go and buy a Region 1 version of the Walt Disney Treasures from Amazon

Kristof

If you have a dvd player on your computer, you can download a program which plays all regions!  :D

PAT_MAGIC

Cool thanks for the advise

Anthony

I'm thinking about perhaps importing Disneyland USA and Tomorrowland, since they are ones which seem the most interesting to me yet are the two least likely to be released outside the US (after the upcoming Mickey Mouse Club).  :?

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah it is a shame that these two are least likely to come out over here, also isn't the UK second to the US with the amount of Disney Stores so it is a bit of a shame that no more of the Walt Disney Treasures have come out over here after the first batch :(

experiment627

I still can't decide what to think of "The Three Musketeers"...

Sure, it's a fun movie ... but is there anything more to it? I don't know... Personally, I think "The Prince and the Pauper" (although only half the length of "Musketeers") was a far better movie. It had beautifull, *detailed* animation and some very strong scenes for Mickey (the death of the King, for example).
"The Three Musketeers" - to me at least - seemed more like a long version of the cartoons one can see during "Mickey MouseWorks" or "House of Mouse". (And don't get me started on the songs...).

"The Three Musketeers" is fun. Maybe that's all it's supposed to be. But it's a forgettable appearance of Mickey & the gang...

Just my two cents...