HELP ... March 2013

Started by lauralouisemidwinter, August 21, 2012, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elaine

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"Thanks for the help everyone, our dates are the 24th to the 27th of march do we are not actually there through the easter weekend. But can anyone please give me any more info about the Santa Fe refurb because I really want to stay in one of the new rooms :D

phone the hotel about a week before you check in and ask for one of the refurbed  Cars themed rooms - but I'm pretty sure all the Santa Fe rooms are now refurbed.

lauralouisemidwinter

I may try that, we are not traveling through Disney so then agin it may not :D
Thankyou for the help anyway :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Elaine

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"I may try that, we are not traveling through Disney so then agin it may not :D
Thankyou for the help anyway :)

it doesn't matter who you have booked through - the hotel will have your specific booking details (name, number in party etc) 3 days before you check in, so you can call the hotel then and ask for a refurbed Cars theme room.

lauralouisemidwinter

Awesome :D
Does anyone have the number maybe one that won't cost a fortune.
Laura Louise

Elaine

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"Awesome :D
Does anyone have the number maybe one that won't cost a fortune.

heres the direct telephone number for the hotel -

Hotel Santa Fe 0033 1 60 45 78 00

If you have a UK landline, google for cheap calls to France and use one of those numbers to make the call, you can get the call for 0.5p per minute then  :) .

Boxy

You could email them requesting a refurbished room. You can give them your details, dates you are staying and any reference numbers you have been given with your booking regardless of who you booked your holiday with to
mailto:dlp.guest.communication@disney.com">dlp.guest.communication@disney.com
This is what I do every year and they always reply in a few days.

grovesie

Hello,

Your visit should be quiet unless the french schools break up for half term. I have been in both March and April, In and out of school time and we have had nice weather too.

I'm not sure if the Disney Hotel is still holding the dance down the stairs( characters descend down the stairs in the reception and then do a meet and greet, saves a lot of queues)It's only on 4 days a week but well worth visiting, I can not remember but I think it's Thursday to Sunday, may be someone can confirm. They also did the same thing with several princesses, but I'm again not sure if thats still on

DSC_8563 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

I would also attend the magic hours, you will find Buzzlight year, Peterpans Flight, Teacups, Carosell and Dumbo open. We walked onto all these rides without any queues, and if your hotel does breakfast in the park you can do the rides and stay in the park for breakfast.

Where's everyone by grovesie.i, on Flickr
Just my Kids by the Castle and this was during August school holidays

I have heard that Dreams is running until Sept 2013.

Hope this helps

julesk

Wow, the disney hotel show sounds great. Are you aloud in for a look around if your not staying there? I desperatly want to see inside the pink palace. . Does anyone know if this charactor show/meet n geet is on in May 2013? Thanks

kate87

the scheduled closures & refurbs for march are now out too. There's not too many :)

lauralouisemidwinter

Hi everybody,
Thankyou all so much for your help,
We only actually have 2 days in the park (Monday the 25th and Tuesday the 26th) so the decent of the stairs may not work for us :/
Out of all the closures there are only 2 ride on our list we can't do so I am quite please with that :D
Thankyou again and please keep the advise coming :)
Laura Louise

grovesie

Quote from: "julesk"Wow, the disney hotel show sounds great. Are you aloud in for a look around if your not staying there? I desperatly want to see inside the pink palace. . Does anyone know if this charactor show/meet n geet is on in May 2013? Thanks

Yes anybody can visit, You could also go there and visit Bar, restaurant etc

Hayzi

Quote from: "GROVESIE"Hello,

Your visit should be quiet unless the french schools break up for half term. I have been in both March and April, In and out of school time and we have had nice weather

Do you have any idea how much busier the park can get in the French school holidays? The Paris schools appear to be off between 28/2-17/03 (long half terms, lucky people!). This is in time with our planned trip and although we have been on a May public holiday which was busy (2h for Thunder Mountain) wasn't to bad and I guess like our half terms the adults still have to work.  Just don't want to go an it be manic and only do a few rides each day.
Disneyland Hotel May 2002
Santa Fe October 2009

lauralouisemidwinter

Hiya guys I am back again,
I have heard you can swap having breakfast in your hotel to having it in the park, has anyone ever done it and if you have how do you do it?
Thank you yet again :)
Laura x
Laura Louise

Elaine

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"Hiya guys I am back again,
I have heard you can swap having breakfast in your hotel to having it in the park, has anyone ever done it and if you have how do you do it?
Thank you yet again :)
Laura x

yes you can do this from your hotel. You ask at reception if there any any breakfasts in the park taking place during your stay. If there are (they are not always every day) you can swap a breakfast slot at your hotel for one in the park. The staff at reception will give you a voucher with your timeslot and the name of the restaurant in the park where it is being held on it, you take this with you to the restaurant, and have your breakfast there  :) .

You can't do this in advance, you have to wait until you reach your hotel. I do it as often as I can when staying at the Santa Fe, as I don't enjoy 7.30am breakfasts, I'd rather do the earliest hour of EMH from 8am then have breakfast in the park at 9.15am.

lauralouisemidwinter

Gosh Elaine you are brill thank you :D
Laura Louise