Back from our Trip. Highs and Lows

Started by greenkai3000, July 01, 2012, 02:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenkai3000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIGHS

Staying at the Disneyland Hotel was the right decision. The Cast Members are all amazing. I speak conversational French but they went out of their way by speaking English and Spanish to me to make my family and I feel even more welcome.

The rooms and facilities are amazing! Ours had a view of Fantasia Gardens and the Main entrance to Disneyland Park. Plus we were fairly close to the Main Gate, Inventions, the Main Lobby and the Hotel Boutique.

Breakfast at Inventions was delicious. We are early risers, so we were some of the first people to eat, and always had a table with a view of the Castle.

Both Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios are well themed, cool looking and only a few feet from the Hotel, so we got to park hop a lot with virtually no lines. Of course having Early Morning priviledges and VIP Fast Passes from the Hotel made a huge difference during our stay

DREAMS! The show is amazing. I have no words to describe it, except it's someone everyone must experience at least once in a lifetime. It puts both Fantasmic and World of Color to shame.

LOWS

Smokers: They were everywhere... while waiting for parades and shows, in lines to get on rides, outside hotel and park gates... I mean... WOW! We even had to ask the CMs a few times to ask people standing in line next to us to put out their cigarretes. Some were with little kids themselves.

Space Mountain Mission 2 was down... I was so looking forward to riding this coaster, but alas it didn't happen.

I wanted a picture with Remy at Cafe des Stars, but he never came to our table  :cry:  I did get to try some escargot and other yummy French food though.

Over all I had a great time thanks everyone at the resort. Look forward to going to Disneyland for the Holidays now, and hopefully Tokyo Disneyland sometime in the near future.

Disneyland Parc
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0960612&type=3

Walt Disney Studios
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0960612&type=3
WDW Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007,  Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010.

Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel October 2011

Disneyland Paris   Disneyland Hotel June 2012  

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "greenkai3000"I did get to try some escargot

Rather you than me :lol:  :thumbs:

David

stecal

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "greenkai3000"I did get to try some escargot

Rather you than me :lol:  :thumbs:

me too  :sick:

captain rocket

Amazing how queasy we Brits are! They just taste like garlic flavoured mushrooms!!

greenkai3000

Yeah, to me they were more like octopuss texture-wise, but they flavor was rather "earthy"  Lol  
Anyway, I had an awesome time despite the lows.  DREAMS!  must be brought to the States!
WDW Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007,  Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010.

Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel October 2011

Disneyland Paris   Disneyland Hotel June 2012  

jonathan

Sadly the Europeans and French in particulars attitudes towards smoking are far from what they are now in Great Britain and they think nothing of smoking openly around adults and children.  I encountered this a lot and expect to again

jlc

Quote from: "greenkai3000"DREAMS!  must be brought to the States!
MK at WDW has had castle projections for a while - just missing the waterworks...

Also, smoking is rarely an issue - people actually use the dedicated areas!

Stayed at DLH a couple of times when the price has been right  :thumbs:
WDW Caribbean Beach May 2002
Davy Crockett Sep 2008
Davy Crockett Dec 2008
Hotel New York Oct 2009
Hotel New York  Jul 2010
WDW Feb 2011
Disneyland Hotel Jul 2011
Disneyland Hotel Apr 2012
WDW Jul 2012