Disney Fantasy Transatlantic photos

Started by Kristof, August 02, 2012, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

In February we had the opportunity to sail the Disney Fantasy on its Transatlantic from Germany to New York.

Here's a selection of photos. If you would like to see more, do let me know!  :)  

Stateroom:

The Muppet Adventure Game:

Goofy Golf:

Arriving in New York City:

Disney Fantasy seen from The Empire State Building!

If there is something in particular you would like to see, do ask!  :thumbs:

Kristof

Let's continue with the restaurants aboard the ship:

Cabanas, which is a buffet restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and casual dinner:

Flo's Cafe serves fast food (burgers, pizza, wraps)

Royal Court, a princesses themed restaurant, part of the rotational dining service:

Animator's Palate:

This is a very cool restaurant, with a very nice surprise at the end... Spoiler:

[spoiler:4zi2jcgi]Guests have to make a drawing which is turned into an animation at the end of the dinner. Very cool![/spoiler:4zi2jcgi]

[youtube:4zi2jcgi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3PkTjHCEI[/youtube:4zi2jcgi]

Enchanted Garden, which turns from day to night with simple lighting effects.  One of the songs that played in the background loop was the theme from Jurassic Park.  :)

And finally Palo (we didn't go to Remy's)

cahaya

Fantastic pictures. The enchanted room is so fairytale like. I would love to sail on this ship, too. Is it unpolite to aks how much you paid for it? Does the Fantasy do regular cruises from Germany to New York?
Thx for sharing!!!
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

Javey74

This ship seems right up my street the more I look at it. I'd seen pictures of the Disney Fantasy when it was first released in the fleet and it had me in awe..  :D/

I know you'll have had a great time onboard, but one question, did you notice any pitfalls or design flaws with it  :?:

As for more photos.. Definitely..  :thumbs:

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures! I would love to see more pictures.

Kristof

Thanks! I will post more pictures!

Quote from: "cahaya"Does the Fantasy do regular cruises from Germany to New York?

Sadly the Disney Fantasy doesn't do any Transatlantic crossings. They just had finished building it in Germany, so it had to travel from Europe to the USA where it would start its normal itineraries. The Disney Magic is coming to Europe for a couple of months in 2013 though.

Quote from: "Javey74"did you notice any pitfalls or design flaws with it

Actually the ship wasn't finished when we were sailing it, as they were still applying the final touches but everything looked beautiful. Also I'm sure they learned from the Disney Dream. There were a few differences like the expanded adults only area with Satellite Falls and the night clubs appear to be more elaborate themed.

norhel

Looks like a very nice ship!  And more pics would be nice :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Kristof

So, more photos it is!

Europa is the entertainment district of the ship, each club or bar is themed to a famous European city or country.

The central hub of Europa is a bar too, called La Piazza and is Italian themed:

O'Gill's is an Irish pub:

Skyline is a lounge bar with animated panorama photos as a backdrop:

Oh La La is a champagne bar themed to a French boudoir:

The Tube is a club with a London theme:

Even the restroom area is themed to Spain/Barcelona:

norhel

Must say it's looking beautiful :-)
Makes me wanna go even more some day...
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Javey74

Definitely a 'Floating Palace' or should I say 'Castle'..  :D

jamieclayton9

All I can say is "Stunning, Stunning and Stunning.

I just wish i could afford it :-(