Long awaited tidy up.

Started by EthanR, July 23, 2012, 06:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EthanR

September 2012 - http://www.dlrpmagic.com/blog/2012/07/p ... -closures/

They're refurbishing the rides! Peter pan, Phantom manor, the Tea cups, Studio Tram tour, autopia - All the rides which are in most desperate need of a fix here and there!

Yay - What do you think needs doing up on these rides?
My opinions
-Peter Pan repaint and track needs smoothing
-Tea cups need a paint
-Autopia needs a tidy up
-Tram Tour needs the props cleaned up (Plants, weeds etc)
-Phantom Manor needs some of the non operating parts to .. well operate :P

;)
Disneyland is a work of love. We didn\'t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
-Walt Disney

D23 Geek

jonathan

Peter Pan track smoothing without a doubt- couldnt agree more!

Ditto on Phantom Manor! When you see parts not working or doing what they should it reminds me of a cheap and tacky ghost train down the seafront or at the fair which isnt the image Disney should be looking for nor should we be getting for the money we pay in my opinion lol!

jonathan

Also is Disney responsible for tending the bushes/grasslands around the river that you walk past to get to Santa Fe etc?  Last Summer it was terribly overgrown, untidy and unwelcoming.  A major contrast to the well kept gardens in and closer to the parks themselves.

It felt like wed left Disney and were in the wilds of France lol!

Samx57

Do people think these ride will take long to refurbish or whatever they are doing i hope they are all open again for october

jonathan

I just copied the actual dates listed on the closures page

September 2012
•Casey Jr. – Le Petit Train du Cirque
3rd to 28th
•Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
10th to 14th
•Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic
10th to 21st
•Peter Pan's Flight
17th to 30th
•Phantom Manor
18th to 22nd

disney-john

We visited in June this year, and I did a trip report for the guys at dedicated to dlp (good podcast - check it out) were I stated how shocked I was with the state of some of the classic rides.

I agree with Jonathan that if rides aren't in tip top condition then it reminds me of "a cheap and tacky ghost train down the seafront". and not Disney.

I stated it my trip report that I still had a good time, but now about 6 weeks back I normally looking at booking another trip, but you know what I don't know if I want to.

True Disney Dreams is amazing! but for one example (and there are loads) , I love Phantom Manor and it was heartbreaking to see the condition it was in,  (Maybe I was spoilt as I just seen the interactive queue, new effects, endless stairs and attic room at WDW's Haunted Mansion.) But loads of stuff in Phantom Manor looked dated, loads of effects where not working.

3 weeks in WDW in 2010 and I noticed one plasma screen at car. of progress broken , 1 week in DLRP I notice a list of things, we emailed DLP and got a response last weeks (5 weeks later) with some lame reasons, but it came across as "we don't care"

So with money tight I'm sadly coming to the feeling that I save my hard earn money and go to WDW instead of the beloved DLP, until I hear it's back to the disney standards I expect (and pay for)

Moan over sorry!
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

jonathan

I agree it is a shame when we pay so much to go.

amanda08

Bit confused about midweek closing for Autopia. We hardly every get to ride this as whenever we are there the que's are just massive!  ?

Scissorsboi

Looking at those dates I don't think any of them are down for long enough to be 'tidied up', the few days they're down for will really only give them time to check the ride system and address and glaring issues with the attractions. This is certainly not an upgrade to Phantom Manor, and Tram Tour is most likely for Ratatouille construction.

Which only really leaves Peter Pan as the only one which could be seeing some work, even then I doubt it's something they'd do, just a quick touch up of the paint (maybe sort out the graffiti wall in the queue line) and check the ride system. Historically this is usually down a touch longer than the other Fantasyland rides, I guess because of it's airborne track position being trickier to inspect.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ilovedisneylandparis

I'm glad the teacups are getting some attention - when we went in June the paint on the cups was peeling and the floor was really dirty and grey-looking, it'll be nice if they have a bit of a refurb :D I reckon it must be really hard to keep them looking good though because they're constantly being touched and walked on?

disney-john

Quote from: "geekyjo"I'm glad the teacups are getting some attention - when we went in June the paint on the cups was peeling and the floor was really dirty and grey-looking, it'll be nice if they have a bit of a refurb :D I reckon it must be really hard to keep them looking good though because they're constantly being touched and walked on?

Other Disney park manage to do it? Wonder why Paris can't?
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "disney-john"Other Disney park manage to do it? Wonder why Paris can't?

Funnily enough I just saw this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/briberry/6 ... 4877483678

I never really considered the other parks before but those teacups look pristine! :o

orsie

QuoteBit confused about midweek closing for Autopia. We hardly every get to ride this as whenever we are there the que's are just massive! ?

Just a tip, but when we went earlier this week we got on fairly quickly (in terms of Autopia queues) by nipping on as soon as the parade finished (we were only there a few days so I wanted to watch the parade at least twice, so i could enjoy once and film another).

As for the actual topic I think it's good that they are at least taking the time to check up on the rides but I wish they actually maintained them better with regular updates and new licks of paint to make it feel even more magical.
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

littlemermaid83

I hope Oct ones are released soon.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

fiona

I guess it's harder to keep anything looking fresh when people are more frequently wet and mucky from rain and stuff. I can't comment on Florida because I've not been, but I'm not surprised it's easier to keep things looking nice in California. It's warm, dry and never feels humid. You go on water rides and within 5 minutes you're bone dry again because the weather is so sickeningly lovely. Even though at DLP they've made an effort to have more indoor rides, that doesn't stop the fact that people go in to them wet and mucky. Especially in winter. I guess the changing climate probably throws up a lot of additional maintenance problems we wouldn't even think about.