DLR | Marvel theme park

Started by Josh, June 26, 2012, 10:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|Q|

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"It's easy to create realistic themes for the characters, and I think whenever people say 'comic books' most of us assume it's all vivid colours and pop-art stylings. This park COULD be amazing, I just hope it doesn't suffer the same shortcomings that DCA did on opening!

I really think the point of the success of an hypothetical Marvel Park would be not building themed lands around characters, but choosing some iconic Marvel enviroments where the heroes would simply fit. So, instead of having a Spidey area, a Tony Stark Tomorrowland, an Hulk Adventureland, you would have a NYC Main Street (that could Times Square or something less HUGE like Greenwich Village or the Queens), a Distopic future area (Ruins of the city and GIANT Sentinels), the Savage Land (jungle, dinosaurs and a LOT of mutants), and an Outer Space Galactic Area (that could even include an Asgard sub-land). Or something like that. In NYC you could get Spidey, the Fantastic Four (and the Baxter Building), all the Avengers posse (with Stark/Avengers tower), DareDevil & co and the X-Men (you could even have a SHIELD secret base and a Westchester sub-lands), the Distopic Future area would offer future versions of all our heroes, Savage Land got a lot of mutants and tons of D I N O S A U R S (who doesn't love DINOSAURS, comeon), and the Galactic Area gets Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thanos, Thor & co and Guardians of the Galaxy (that's goin to be Marvel Studio's lead-in to Avengers 2 in 2014).

Q

Scissorsboi

That's sort of what I was getting at, it can't obviously be a comic book, they need to suit their environments seamlessly. Which to some extent I'd say the back half of Superhero Island manages (Spiderman and Dr Doom) are more "stumble across the ride" attractions than the Hulk which is there being the Hulk because it can.

They need to take their cues from how Tokyo Disneysea and how they've blended the Jules Verne attractions into the seemingly 'normal' volcano.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.