Christmas Trip Report 24th-27th December

Started by Lozzie, December 29, 2011, 12:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lozzie

So we just got back home today and im busy sorting out all the photos i took (350 +) and choose the best ones to put on here. We had a great time, for most of it. The down parts were how busy it was, never seen the Parks so packed before, i became a victim of pick pocketing, had 150 euros stolen, and my fiance contracted food poisoning and he spent most of the last day in the medical centre on Main Street. Besides that it was a blast! So when i have a bit more time i shall get my TR up and running!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

MrsPirate

I'm really looking forward to your report, I've always wondered what Christmas Eve and Day in the parks is like.

Your poor fiance, not nice and as for having your money stolen, some people are just scum :(

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

carrydee38

i always wanted to no what xmas would be like ...dying to hear your report and really sorry to hear that you were pick pocketed what a horrible thing to happen :oops:

lynny

iI'm really looking forward to your trip report as i'm thinking of booking for next christmas so can't wait to find out what chrismas eve and day was like :)
gutted for you that a few things went wrong though :(
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Lozzie

Thanks guys! Im glad people are waiting to read it!

Okay so we set off for Disney on Christmas Eve, we travelled by Eurostar from St Pancras in the morning. On the trip were my Mum and Dad

And me and my fiance Luke

Mum got me one of the kids travel packs from Santa at the Eurostar station and i decided to put the puzzle together. I wont lie, it was really hard  :P

Arrived at the Station! After a lovely short journey! Mum was as excited as i was

After putting our luggage into the Disney Express we headed to the magic

Obligetary Disneyland Hotel photo while saying "one day we'll stay there...one day"

I love this photo!

Then got into the park- and being totally creeped out by the new ticket scanner machines saying "welcome" in an eery way

Luke by the snow scene at the top of Main Street

Me in the same place, looking like a Snow man in my awesome gillet

It actually wasnt as cold as we anticipated on this day, it was extremely sunny, but fresh. It wasnt chilly though, which was nice. It was also the quietest day we had crowds wise.

The gorgeous tall tree!!!

There she is! You can see the crowds there, this was the QUIET day....

Me and Mum in front of the castle, for some reason Mum decided to say something when the pic was about to be taken

First ride was Its a Small World, just cos it needs to be done!!

Then onto Pirates, and on the way out, guess who we saw!!

Then we headed back to the hotel later in the evening- We stayed at the Newport Bay- and had a relax before getting ready for our Christmas Eve meal at the Plaza Gardens.

Mum looking festive in her Minnie jumper

Heading back to the park we noticed the lights were on so we took a few pretty photos

Bit blurry cos my camera fails at night!

Then onto the Plaza for our reservations

Mmmmmm fish!! *heaves*

It was an all you can eat buffet. An extravagant price- overpriced in my opinion for what it was. It was basically the Inventions meal but with a live band and Santa. I paid for it, as a christmas present for my family. But for £120 each i was a bit disappointed. The food wasnt that great.

But Santa Goofy made it for me!!! I dont care about the food- i didnt eat a lot- i just wanna meet the characters!!

The upside (for some) was that the champagne and wine was free!

Mum got a bit merry

Santa came out and he was sat on his own so Mum said we should go say hi, we were originally going to stand either side of him, but he insisted that we sat on his knee. Then when he asked where we were from, we said England and he started singing The Beatles, cos everyone in England love the Beatles!!

Love this shot of all of us

Then after this we watched Mum get up and dance around the band, having a merry time, harass Goofy a bit and we decided to leave, as all the champagne was gone! So we went out of the park

and went back to the hotel where we opened our prezzies as it was midnight, so it was officially CHRISTMASSS! We did a secret santa with a max limit of £10 as we didnt want to go overboard as the trip itself cost so much!!

Dads mad on photography so he got a camera lense mug

Luke got a nice scarf

Mum got some Ted Baker smellies and i got a Disney Princess secret diary and chocolates! woooo!

Well thats Christmas Eve done! I shall update Christmas Day very soon! Keep you all waiting a bit!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Karen

Fantastic trip report, love your photos you can really see your enjoying every minute. Look forward to the rest of your report.

Sugaroo_

LOVE your mom's Minnie jumper, too cute! Great pics so far! Keep em coming!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

kiki_304

Fab report so far.  I was thinking of booking for christmas next year, but if it is super busy then I would rather go earlier.

MrsPirate

It looks like you are really enjoying yourselves, the photos are great and love the Christmas jumpers. I can't wait to read the rest.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

lynny

your pictures are great you all look as if your having a fantastic time:-)
can i just ask you booked plaza gardens b4 you went and was included in the price and was this just avaiable for christmas eve....sorry so many questions just trying to figure out next christmas:-)

looking forward to the rest of your report:-)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

Lozzie

Thanks guys! Im so glad you're all enjoying it!! I will update the next day later on when i have a bit more free time!

Lynny- We booked the Plaza about 2 months before we went, pretty much as soon as we could, but we had to pay it straight away. It was available Christmas Eve and New Years Eve only. I only found out yesterday that this is mainly because Europeans have their main Christmas celebrations and meals on Christmas Eve, then they go out on Christmas Day, which is why the Park was soooo bloomin' busy on Christmas Day!

lynny

oh right...thanks :)
so 120 EACH INCLUDING DRINKS,BUFFET AND CHARACTERS.great to know :)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

BadKid

Loving it so far! Can't wait for the Christmas Day update!
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

kelly.dylan

I've only just come across your report  :oops: We are going 20th-26th Dec and would love to see any pics or read your report from christmas day if you're planning to continue with it :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad