trip report 1.-8-april 2012 no.1

Started by cahaya, June 19, 2012, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cahaya

First of all apologize my englisch mistakes as this is a foreign language for me.

As a huge Disney Fan, it was my about 25th trip or so. I was there in the opening year, 16 years old and I had to go there to the 20th anniversary with my family.. my husband and my 20 month old son. As is don't want to share pictures of my son in publicity there are only the few I made without any family member.

We stayed at the Relais Spa Chessy, which is close to the Val d'Europe RER station an a hotel with a little kitchenette. Very nice location! We stayed a week, because if you are going with a little child, you need more time then going as an adult or with older ones. We bought the annual passports Dream, because we knew to come back on summer.

We had a wonderful time. Our son loved Dumbo.

and of course  It's a small world

and the tea cups. He was a little bit scared of the dark rides because of the darkness. Casey Junior was good to him, also Lpdcdf
We always started our days with breakfast in the hotel, which we bought in the supermarkt/the bakery around the corner. Good value and it's so nice to have a kitchenett in the room with a fridge.
Then we always used the happy hours, because long waiting times are not so nice with a nearly 2 year old.
We had lunch in the parks at different stops. We preferred th buffet style, so our son could have rice, potatoes, vegetables and not only the burger stuff. So we were at Agrabahs Cafe (my favourite one, such nice theming, and I adore the mint tea) and at Plaza Gardens. At Plaza Gardens they had problems with the electricity. I was on the toilet and it was dark without any lights.

We also did the character lunch at the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue. I like it more then the one at Cafe Mickey, because the characters dance with the children, there is live band and it's more spacious.
My son dancing with Daisy (from the back of course)

My son really loved it and so did we!

The playgrounds are more for the older children, so my son played nearly everywhere ;-)

We often used Baby switch and never had a problem with it. It's really great for parents with young children.

At the studios my son loved Playhouse Disney the most, we saw the show nearly everyday. And he loved all the decoration cars :-) He had to got to every wheel and touch it.

We saw the parade twice. It's really nice and the new floats fit good. I like the music as well and I look forward to buy it.

I have no idea to make the picture look bigger, this is the flickr link for them if you want to see them in other sizes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80780403@N08/page2/
more pics in the next post
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

cahaya

so part 2 :-)

just some pics of strolling around

My personal highlight was of course Dreams. I did it alone, because it was too late for our son. I saw it twice. The first time from behind the flower beds on Central Plaza, which was bad, because as Dreams began, all people climbed on the flower beds and as it has a little hill on it, I couldn't see all projections. The second time I saw it from the front row and most of the pictures are from there. For me it is the best thing I ever saw on any Disney park. I liked the hunchback scene the most.

One day we went to Paris city, of cours in the Disney store on Champs Elyssees. And we went to Cinematheque Francaise. The have a Tim Burton exhebition, which is really really good and interesting to any Disney Fan! The rest of the museum is small but nice. You can see the skull of Norman Bates mother from Psycho for example. It has a nice architecture also.

So we had really a wonderful time there! We will go back on august, same hotel, one week and we are looking very forward to this.
thx for reading, cahaya
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

dmmosh69

thats a realy good trip report and excellent pictures especialy the dreams pics WOW :) i didnt know they had that museum in paris i will definately look to go there

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us cahaya, enjoyed it :D

And I loved this photograph.........

David