15MagicalYear's 20th Anniversary Trip!

Started by 15MagicalYears, June 15, 2012, 02:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

I'm back, from what was an amazing trip. I really think it may have been my best trip yet! I plan on doing a fully detailed and photo-filled trip report but until then I'll post my Highs and Lows.  :D

Highs

Dreams - of course, this is a no-brainer but it really was an incredible way to end the day and has totally completed the Disneyland experience. No longer do you just wander out the park at closing time, now we have a spectacular way to end the day and I'm not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye each night. Amazing!

Character Interactions - Normally I'm not a huge character fan, I'll meet Mickey each year as it's not a trip to Disney without a photograph with Mickey but this year we met so many characters and the interactions were amazing and so magical. Peter Pan and The Mad Hatter recognised us during the parade and made sure we knew they remembered us - truly magical.

Cast Members - We met so many amazing and friendly cast members this trip, and quite a few remembered us. A lovely guy in Discoveryland working at Orbitron (who was amazingly enthusiastic and "welcomed us aboard") remembered us the next day when he was working at Buzz Lightyear and he seemed so happy to see us. As well as a lovely Irish girl who served us at Meet Mickey, we stood and had a great conversation for quite a while and would've stayed longer if there wasn't a huge queue waiting behind us, haha.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster - I love this ride and ride it each trip but this year it was so impressive, the building was FULL of smoke, the lights looked brighter than ever and the music was as loud as possible! It  was refreshing after last year the music failed several times and I'd actually never seen the building filled with smoke.

Lows

Weather - It was showery, although it didn't affect the trip in the slightest it would still have been nice for it to have been dry. Especially when it down-poured during the parade and the poor characters and dancers continued giving it their best even when their make-up was running.

Princess Pavilion - I really wasn't fussed with visiting, I just found the idea of queuing in a ludicrously long line for just one Princess was silly but my friend really wanted to go in so I agreed. We ended up waiting 2 hours even though the advertised waiting was 45mins. My favourite princess was Tiana and I was hoping after such a long wait I'd end up meeting her, the only princesses I wan't fussed meeting were Cinderella and Aurora as I find them boring, their movies are great but as characters I'd rather meet the other princesses. And who did we end up meeting? Aurora. She was lovely and very friendly but I was just rather annoyed. Then further upset by finding out the princess in the other room was Tiana, my favourite. How annoying.

More coming soon  :D

HayHay

glad you enjoyed your trip, just too bad about the weather! I LOVE rock 'n' roller coaster too! :D

amanda08

Can't wait to read your full trip report - and I love that photo, it brought straight back all my fab disney memories :D

MrsPirate

Glad you had a good time, looking forward to reading your trip report.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

alternativerock123

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Lovely photo. =]

I agree - the Princess Pavilion needs come serious thinking and doing. I had the same - the sign said 40 minutes and we were in for an hour and only because left to see the parade! Then we saw Ariel whom I've before. Oh well. =/

I'm glad you loved the characters too!

I'm looking forward for more! :ears:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

littlemermaid83

Why isn't meeting Duffy in your list of highs? ;)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!