disney report 5/6 to 6/6 first family trip santa te

Started by kimdean7a, June 07, 2012, 10:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimdean7a

hi
we just got back from Disney yesterday what a great 1night 2days we had.
ive never wrote a report before so here goes.
Me, my partner, 5year old and 19month old travelled to london  to get eurostar after passport checks  we when to find seats and saw all the kids and disney bags which i sent my partner to go get 2 for the kids (from the euro star desk on the right) he got 3 as he new i wanted one to. Inside is a little activity book puzzle and pen my 5yr old loved it.
After waiting a little bit we boarded the train (never again with a double buggy would not fit anywhere so had to stand it against other luggage.
Ive learnt for next time to take more snacks and games for train coz my 5 yr old got very board. when the train got in to France a disney person came round to give us park tickets and disney express tickets. When we got off the train we decided not to do the express and just walk through the village to the hotel.
After a 15min walk to santa fe, we were lucky mickey was in reception so kids got pics and we got our room keys about 2.45.
we stayed in block 12. after reading reviews a was a bit worried about the room but it was really nice and clean (they are doing work to some of the blocks painting ans stuff).
We then headed straight to the park and rented one of their buggies 9euro. it wasnt as busy as i thought it would be we went straight to its a small world 10 min wait we all loved it nice slow ride. we then went for a walk around on captain hook ship where mrs hook was. We stopped and got drinks bottel of coke 2.99euro slush puppy drinks in cups to keep 6.99euro.
at 6 we took our place for the parade which started a 7 and had hotdogs for caseys 6.60 each yummy :thumbs: we sat and watched the parade which we really enjoyed. it was starting to rain so headed back to the hotel to get jackets and our buggy for the big show by the time we got back it ws about 9.30 and buzz lighter blast was 20min que so we all when on that was really good. took our place for the big show it is amazing.
day 2
we had character breakfast at mickey cafe at 8. food wasnt all that partner had sauages and eggs where cold but kids loved cereals and i had choc croissants which where really nice. we had 3 characters goofy pluto and gisseppe which was really nice the played around with my 5yr old and had pics. will def be doing that again.
we then went back to the hotel to pack put luggage in for them to take to train station later and headed for thepark again.
we got to the castle and it was all roped off but then saw people showing tickets as it being part of magic hours 9.30. we qued for peter pan 20min bit scary but good.
then we went on the tea cups 10min wait. we then went to the meet and greet in adventure land we que for baloo we got to the front and was told he had to go but timon would be out in 2 min, bit annoyed but baloo still posed for everyone to take a pic befor he when.
when timon came out was very playful (sat in our buggy and wanted us to push him) its nice the character interact with the kids not just pose for pics.
we then headed for studios which we qued for buzz 1hour had a look round but prefer the other park so headed back, as we where leaving we spotted minnie in the corner so we tried to que which had no system at all but minnie was incharge and was pointing to kids that where waiting nicely .
We got to the other park just in time to get ice cream and watch the 20th train, we then went for a walk around and saw bell, captain hook peter pan and smee.
we did some shopping spent way to much money but loved every minute of it
cant wait to go again next year now but for longer  :thumbs:

ecila

Lovely trip report, nice to hear that the Santa Fe was good as I'll be off to there in a couple of weeks :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

mdw

Great trip report, have you got a pic of the new eurostar bag plz??

gingajen

Ours were still the Magic Moment Festival ones. Nevertheless, the kids loved them!

mdw

Ok thanks. We are hoping to go may 2013 eurostar and staying at the cheyenne. 4 adults  2 kids (almost 4 and jst 6)....any advice??????????????

gingajen

Take the puschair! I know the four year old may no longer need it at home, but he/she will certainly need it in the parks. My husband was dead against us taking ours, but it was a god send in the end. Get up early for breakfast, it get super busy after 7:30am and it's not really worth queuing up for any long length of time for a croissant! Depending on how long you are there, you really need to pace yourself. We were up for magic hours every morning, but only managed Dreams once because the kids were just exhausted. I would have prefered to have slept in and been able to stay out to watch dreams every night.
Also, it seemed to be a sore point for some people, but we saw so many families making up lunch with the breakfast items. It was something we had thought about doing before we got there. However there really is no point. First of all you would be carrying the extra stuff around with you. Then you would still have to buy drinks which are quite expensive. Most of the counter service places offer decent meal deals. Our favourite is Colonal Hathis in Asventureland and the Blockbuster Cafe in Studios. Here you get any sandwich/pizza or croque monsier, and drink, a bag of chrisps and a really nice desert for 11.99.

mdw

Will definitely take a buggy. We stayed at the Davy Crockett last time and used self catering stuff for lunch. So really unsure on how much food is going to cost us. We will either stay 4 or 5 days.

jonathan

Good to hear that the Santa Fe is getting good reviews.  We stayed there last year and it was absolutely awful.  Just disnt like it at all and now stay in Hotel New York instead.  But we still had a brilliant time in DLP and again its good to hear that they are addressing issues like painting because tbh last Summer the place looked very rundown and ot inviting or appealing at all

gingajen

You can tell they are trying to make it look smart again. However my room was very tatty. Ours was in a block that hadn't been refurbed and it desperately needed doing. The breakfast room was fine though and reception, although quite bare was also ok. I don't think I would stay there again, until every room had been done and you are guaranteed a good one!

jonathan

After not being for many years when we visited last year I asked the travel agent to reccomend the best hotel.  They recommended the Santa Fe and as I say wasnt impressed and wont stay there again.  I later found out from her that her recomendation was based on it being a very popular hotel as it is one of the less expensive which is fine if its just somewhere to lay your head.  Price was never an issue to me and the place just left us cold.  The overall appearance of the place was just odd.

Our room left a lot to be desired too and lugging a pushchair up a flight of stairs didnt make me smile much either lol.

At the end of the day it wasnt filthy or over run with bugs and it didnt spoil my stay but it did nothing to make me want to come back to that hotel and I wont lol

kimdean7a

Quote from: "mdw"Ok thanks. We are hoping to go may 2013 eurostar and staying at the cheyenne. 4 adults  2 kids (almost 4 and jst 6)....any advice??????????????

hi
make sure you take lots of snacks and fruit shots with you we have just booked for may 2013 and are planing to take more crisps sweets and drinks for us and kids and 2.99 for bottle of water or coke and either 1.99 or 2.99 for large crisps. take entainment for your 4 your old for eurostar  either take a buggy or just rent one there for 9euro for one day but its different rates for more days i think.

if i think of anything else i let you no

mdw

Thank you!!!