Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

Started by Owain, January 07, 2007, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Hi im going to paris in march and i was hoping to go on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril  for the first time and i was hoping for it to be backwards then i watched youtube videos of the ride but it was going forward.

I then checked the information on it on dlrp magic and i was happy when i read its backwards then i read the last peace of text and it says it was reversed so now is it not going backwards ? and does anybody no if it was better of worser going backwards ?

Lordofthemightybeasts

Indiana Jones et le Temple Du Peril is currently running forwards, after previously running backwards, after previously running forwards. It's debatable which way is better, although I personally find the ride much more thrilling when facing forwards.

Owain

Really forwards ? i thought being backwards would be better !

Lordofthemightybeasts

Yeah, maybe some people find it better. But I thought that the sensations you felt were somewhat 'numbed' by your impaired vision.

Nala_84

I found it better when it went backwards ;) I'm often afraid of riding fast coasters and when Indy ran backwards I didn't see so much *g*
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Yeah forwards, I really liked it backwards, though that was when I had my first ride.  Forwards is nicer though, I know it was a nice gimic going backwards, but we have to face up to the fact.  It is an annoying Intamin :lol: , and it actually was so much more rough backwards, I always came off with a headache.  Now I just have slight dizzyness.  Personally I never did understand why it is a rougher coaster than say Space Mountain, which is a Vekoma coaster, a company who make rough coasters and try to make them sound like they are smooth.

Lightning McQueen

Forwards has my preference simply because you can see more of what's going on.Moving backwards has probably more of the surprise effect,it simply comes down to what one likes most :)
Lightning McQueen

Jon

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Personally I never did understand why it is a rougher coaster than say Space Mountain, which is a Vekoma coaster, a company who make rough coasters and try to make them sound like they are smooth.

i would love it if dlrp contracted B&M to make a coaster!!! then it would b smooth and if they filled the track with sand its nice and quiet:)
ohh and i prefer it forwards... sure beats walking around the park the rest of the day with a headache
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Samninetysix

I used to think that IJ was an out and out heart stopper but now, although  I still love the ride, I kinda think it's almost just about the right mix of excitement just needs to be a little bit longer. I filmed it twice at christmas and it was so much easier than I thought it would be.

Bambi

I prefer if going forwards...though I dont really think much of this ride, it's a little disappointing as far as i'm concerned-whether forwards or backwards!  :lol:

Anthony

I went on it in the dark in the rain on new year's eve and it was... awesome!  For some reason I've become a bit of a closet fan of this coaster.  As samninetysix says, it's just about the right balance.

The rain made it fly around the track too, it really felt like it was about to shoot off at the corners.  The return of the fire effects at the entrance makes it much more exciting too, and I like the new queue line with the canopy going all the way up the steps.

Maarten

I like it better forwards. Usually, I can stand all kinds of coasters. But a few years ago, when Indy was still facing backwards, I became quite dizzy when the coastertrain came out of the loop. I guess backward loops aren't my kind of thing.

By the way, I would love this ride to add some fog and fire effects from Raging Spirits at Tokyo DisneySea.  8)

RnRCj

I've found that less people will ride it if it's backwards, since what you can't see when you're riding is much worse that what you can. That's why they say you should never close your eyes if you are afraid whilst riding a coaster (apart from if it's in the dark).

I myself prefer Indy facing forwards because, like PATMAGIC said, it isn't as rough and it's generally more enjoyable :lol:

Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, I would love this ride to add some fog and fire effects from Raging Spirits at Tokyo DisneySea.  8)

Yeah, I think after the lift hill you should pass into the temple for the 180 right turn, and see some special effects. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to add an extension to the side of the temple. It would add something exciting to the ride, as well as block the atmosphere-killing view of Disney's backstage and the nearby housing estate.

*Pixie-Kirsty*

Much better going forward, didnt like going backwards much becuase my head just got totally battered about! Made me feel pretty rough afterwards aswell which wasnt too good!