WDW distant future holiday plans!!!!

Started by Alicat, January 03, 2007, 12:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alicat

Hi everyone,  

Just wanted to ask a question regarding Walt Disney World in Florida. Its a long way off yet, got some serious saving to do! but My sister and i hope to take my daughter to WDW one day, so we started looking at all the info online, and can't believe how massive it is! Do you have to be able to drive to get around it,or do they have shuttle buses like in DLRP?

Thank you  :D

Kristof

There are lots and lots of buses to get around!  There's even a free airport shuttle if you stay at one of the Disney resorts.  

Feel free to ask any questions.  :D

Masamune

:P Do you mind if I use this thread to ask questions as well?

:) We're hoping to go to WDW in April of 2008, for my 21st birthday pressie! We're probably going to be staying in the cheapest Disney hotel possible. Does anyone know which one that is?

Simi-Maus

Masamune, the cheapest disney hotels are the All Star Hotels
(All Star Music, All Star Sport and All Star Movie) and the Pop Century Hotel.
We stayed at the All Star Sports and it was really nice, but I think, the pop century is the newest hotel - opened 2 years ago or so!

Alicat, if you only want to go to the disney parks, then it is O.K. without a car.
But if you want to go to Universal Studios or Seaworld or to an outlet shopping mall, it would be better to rent a small car!!

:pluto:
Simi

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Simi-Maus"Alicat, if you only want to go to the disney parks, then it is O.K. without a car.
But if you want to go to Universal Studios or Seaworld or to an outlet shopping mall, it would be better to rent a small car!! :pluto:

yup defenatl agree there depends if you want to see the rest of florida
i went to marco Island and Key largo and both are breathtaking but i didnt get there by walking lol :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Masamune

:D Ah, I've heard about the All Star hotels! Which one would you say is the best out of the three? :P I'm leaning more towards the Movie one or the Music one. :lol: I'm not a fan of sports.

:) Are the Disney parks within walking distance of the All Star hotels?

Simi-Maus

I think the best is the Movie one. It looks really nice! :D
We wanted to book the Movie one, but they had only rooms in the Sports one left... :(

No, the All Star hotels are not in walking distance, you have to use
the free shuttle bus. The area is sooo big, I´m not sure if there is a hotel, which is in walking distance to one of the park :-k
Simi

Kristof

The resorts near Epcot are in walking distance.  Our friends had parked their car over there, but those are the only ones I think.

Owain

Quote from: "Masamune":D Ah, I've heard about the All Star hotels! Which one would you say is the best out of the three? :P I'm leaning more towards the Movie one or the Music one. :lol: I'm not a fan of sports.

:) Are the Disney parks within walking distance of the All Star hotels?

Masamune, you want information on All Star movies well im the guy for that. I stayed there a couple of years back its great! Theres 2 pools one big pool ( mickey ) and an average size pool ( Mighty Ducks ). Theres a big food court and a nice shop and a Arcade. The staff are really helpful. We bought loads of disney teddys everyday the cleaner would make new deisgnes in our room. She decorated our window and put our piglet on the toilet reading a disney map with tissue in her hand . It was a great stay !

Alicat

Someone at the school i work at has just told me that she has booked 2 weeks at WDW this Summer, I really want to go there, but in saying that -i've just got my confirmation of booking through for this October at DLRP YAY YAY YAY!!!!  :stitch_bounce: Its only our second visit, and there are so many more seasons there we need to see!

Thank you all for the advice... i don't drive which why i asked, i think we would maybe do 2 weeks, and looking at the details of the park, i'm not sure that even that would be long enough to see everything that WDW has to offer! Might have to leave some of the other stuff for another time, or maybe we could give up just 1 day and get my sister to hire a car to take us to SeaWorld or something! Would love to see some other areas as i have never been to USA before, but you know - precious Disney time would be missed!

I was thinking of going for the Pop Centuary Hotel, it looks amazing - such great fun!

Lozzie

We stayed in All Star Movies and it was great. It takes about 10 mins to get to the parks via shuttle but it is a huuuuge place. The area is something like the size of Manchester in the UK. It massive.

I've been looking out for some packages i read that are going to be for May in WDW. Special Pirate packages for the release of POTC: AWE. Anyone know about this or where i can look it up/book?
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Masamune

@ Simi - :o Hm, we'll have to be sure to book in plenty of advance then. :) Do you know how often the shuttles to and from each park arrive? Also, how long do these shuttle journeys take?

@ Owain - :P That sounds so lovely! :lol: Especially with the Disney plushies, since no doubt I'll be bringing one of my own Cheshire plushies with me from home. :D I didn't even know that the pools were themed! What's the Mickey one like?

Also, does anyone know what themes are going around the hotels? :lol: Obviously they must be Movie, Sports and Music themes, but I'd love specific details! Like, pictures on the walls and such!

@ Ali - ;) My mum doesn't drive, and neither do I. I think we're going to be going for 2 weeks, so if we include rest days and such, I don't think we'll have time for non-Disney days!

@ Loz - :shock: Seriously? :o I live in Manchester, so I'm pretty amazed by that. I've seen maps and such of the area in which all the parks are, but I guess it's hard to fathom just how big it is until you're there.

Owain

Quote from: "Masamune"

@ Owain - :P That sounds so lovely! :lol: Especially with the Disney plushies, since no doubt I'll be bringing one of my own Cheshire plushies with me from home. :D I didn't even know that the pools were themed! What's the Mickey one like?

Also, does anyone know what themes are going around the hotels? :lol: Obviously they must be Movie, Sports and Music themes, but I'd love specific details! Like, pictures on the walls and such!

The Mickey pool is themed as the film " Fantasia ". It is a weird shaped pool and at the back side of the pool there are plastercine curtains and mickey is standing on a cliff of rocks with his hands out and sometimes water sprays out of his hands.

The mighty duck is a resonable size pool with hug nets and hockey sticks surrounding it !

The Movies Themes are :

Toy Story

101 Dalmations

The Love Bug

Mighty Ducks

Fantasia

Heres a map of the resort

[/list]

Masamune

;o; It looks so amazing! :lol: The giant Brooms have won my over, I love Fantasia!

:) I bet all the Hotels look this good. :P We would probably spend a full day just looking around every Disney hotel!

Simi-Maus

Masamune - in the morning and in the evening the shuttles go about every ten minutes to and from the parks. During the day not so often.
The shuttle journeys take approx. 10 to 15 minutes, it depends to which park you´re going.

:D

Owain - Doesn´t the Mighty Duck pool belong to the All Star Sports? :-k
Simi