Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Last year I just used the voucher for the value (think it was €32) and never used a set menu. Can I still do this with the new plans? Plus what is this snack and drink thing?
!Magic Everywhere

orangarnold

Quote from: Its Just Like I DreamedIt on May 22, 2014, 04:40:39 AM
Last year I just used the voucher for the value (think it was €32) and never used a set menu. Can I still do this with the new plans? Plus what is this snack and drink thing?

Yes you can, its in the very small print on this

Soap

Anybody some experience with the new hotel mealplans? Any good?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Soap

Quote from: Soap on July 23, 2014, 01:21:37 PM
Anybody some experience with the new hotel mealplans? Any good?

Nobody on the forum using these options?
I am looking at the sunday arrival package with free lucnh and dinner.
Does it mean only at you booked hotel or at the same or lower ranked hotels for example?
That's not clear from what i can see online.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

DisneyRon

No experience with the new Hotel plans, but according to the brochure, they also cover quick-service restaurants in the parks, and one would assume, the restaurants of the same tier or lower hotels. :)

The Disneyland Hotel version even is specifically mentioned as also covering the buffet restaurants in the park.

stifle

Can full board plus vouchers be used in counter service restaurants at cash value? If so, is there an issue buying for two people?

Reason I ask is I'm going in a party of five, three in one room and two in the other. We've already booked full board for the two and half board for the three.

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on September 25, 2014, 02:16:44 PM
Can full board plus vouchers be used in counter service restaurants at cash value? If so, is there an issue buying for two people?

Reason I ask is I'm going in a party of five, three in one room and two in the other. We've already booked full board for the two and half board for the three.

Well you can certainly use them, I've done it with a Full Board Premium Voucher, though I did encounter some resistance (trying to pay for a €20 meal with a €50 voucher was a bit overkill in the mind of the CM on duty), so I suppose you'll probably get away with just making a big order, paying for it with your voucher and sharing it between 2 people, the face value is more than high enough.

The CM did suggest buying more things to not make the loss as big.
I didn't do that btw, as I was travelling by myself, and I was under a bit of time pressure which is why I chose a Counter Service restaurant to begin with.

samitambling

was wondering if anyone knows the face value of the meal plan vouchers, i guess the half board  plus are the value what you pay for them (£27 per adult and £12 per child) but what about the full board do you half what you have paid per person as 2 meals (£48 per adult = £24 per meal )???????? help really confused on if worth going full board or premium etc

stifle

The face value of both meal vouchers in the adult Plus meal plan is €33. In general, for the Standard, Plus, and Premium plans, the face value of each voucher is the same as the cost in euro of the half board plan per day. A CM will look up the value for you if needs be.

Not sure about the Hotel plan vouchers.

stifle

To answer my own and other frequent questions I have troubled a very patient phone agent for the euro values of meal plan vouchers. They are as follows (Adult/child):

Hotel: half board has no cash value. Must be used in your hotel's buffet restaurant (Crockett's Tavern/La Cantina/Chuck Wagon/Hunter's Grill/Cape Cod/Park Side Diner/Inventions). For full board the lunch voucher is worth €12/€6 and is valid for at least one set menu at every counter service restaurant. The exception is if you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel where it's worth €23/€14 and is valid for any all you can eat buffet.

Standard: €26/€13 (or any all you can eat buffet except Cape Cod, Park Side Diner or Inventions; includes a non-alcoholic beverage)
Plus: €33/€15 (or a set menu at any table service location including Café Mickey but excluding Auberge de Cendrillon or California Grill; includes a non-alcoholic beverage)
Premium: €57/€29 (set menu at California Grill, Auberge de Cendrillon and Bistrot Chez Remy; 2nd category ticket at Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show; order more or less whatever you like anywhere else. And yes this one includes a non-alcoholic beverage too)

Note that if you buy full board (or get free half board via an offer and pay to upgrade to full board) your two daily vouchers are worth the same (except for Hotel meal plans).

rocker

Anyone tried to sqeezing three dinners out of two sets of meal plan vouchers (1 adult & 1 child)

Going to DLP with my Mum & 3yo daughter. 

Q1. Assuming that all vouchers are valid for my entire stay, do the cashiers care what vouchers I hand over to pay? - i.e. Would they be happy with me handing over for example 1 adult & 2 child vouchers if this was the closest to the value of the meal even though it is in fact 2 adults & 1 child sitting down to eat?

Quite like the buffets so for our 4 day stay, we might just do the buffet twice 2 adults + 1 child...BUT this would leave us with 2 spare kids meal plan vouchers. 

Q2. Could we just use these two left over kids meal vouchers against the value of another meal?  Would we be allowed to use these leftover vouchers at another buffet, or can the cash value only be taken off sit down/a la carte?

Q3. For the buffet meal, is it strictly 1 voucher = 1 meal?  The reason I ask is because if not, then I might upgrade to a plus meal plan then the few extra euros beyond the cost of the buffet could then be used against the cost of a 3rd meal for my 3you daughter??

Q4. I'm heading over in early February...a pretty quiet time of year I would have thought, with this in mind, it is essential I must make reservations?...I really hate having to keep to a schedule & would much rather dine depending on where we happen to be at the time & how hungry we are.  I would have thought that in Feb, if I tried to sit down by 5.30 then I should just be able to walk up & dine.  Am I being naïve & hopelessly optimistic making this assumption.  If I want to do it this way is anyone aware of any particularly busy, or quiet eating venues that I should bear in mind.

Q5. Finally...Are the standard meal plan venues significantly busier than the plus meal plan venues?  If the plus venues are a lot quieter then it might be worth, paying for a plus upgrade just so I've got a wider choice & the venues might be quiet enough for me to walk up & dine.

Make sense - I hope so.  All advice appreciated.

stifle

1. Officially you're meant to use the "right" vouchers for whoever is eating. However, if using a counter service location you are likely to have more latitude (as the CM on the register has no real way of knowing how many people you're actually buying for). The vouchers aren't dated specifically (they have your arrival and departure dates) so there is no issue using multiple days' vouchers in one go.

2. You can use them wherever vouchers are accepted although bear in mind a standard kids voucher is only worth €13.

3. I haven't tried this but it is probably not great value for money. The all you can eat buffets with a drink normally cost around €29. Upgrading from Standard to Plus is €7 per adult per night but you would only be left with €4 after your adult voucher to put towards the child meal. This is because the vouchers are worth more than their face values when used for their intended purposes - I think some of the Plus set menus are €43 when you pay cash, for example.

4. You have more to worry about from seasonal closures than restaurants being booked out. Having said that, I tried to book a table for 5 at Walt's on a Friday for the Saturday and there was no availability at all... so if you absolutely MUST eat at a certain restaurant, then book it!

5. I haven't ever found it to be that way. Also, the buffets (Standard) will tend to have their tables occupied for less time because you don't have any wait time.

Susiesuedisney

Why doe it sound so complicated??? Lol

We are going next July, there will be 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 children

Can we.....
Use 2 vouchers for lunch say get a take out pizza or something and then use the 4 remaining vouchers for the evening meal even though there will be 6 of us but we will be trying to use mainly buffet places due to fussy children and teenagers

Help...

Thank you