Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Hubby doesnt like Buffalo Bills (Strange man!) so we've had to forego that this time :(
But Inventions, Walts (LOVE the food there) the Steakhouse and Cafe Mickey are on our list so far ...
I would love to do Annettes but my son has ASD and had a HUGE panic attack in our local American Diner because of the statues looking at him ... so don't think it will be a goer :(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

kmshep01

Hi - this is my 1st post here but was wondering if someone could help me.

I will be visiting DLP in Jan 2014 staying at the Davy Crockett ranch. When I book online it only gives me the option of adding the standard meal plan but we want to upgrade to premium. Is this possible.

Thanks for the help.

tinkerbell17

Hi all me and my bf and my niece are going to dlrp in nov for christmas season and have half board plus meal plan and were wondering if you can use them in all the restaurant in the plus and standard section in the brochure does anyone know thanks. :mickey2:  :minnie:  :bambi:

EmilieK

Quote from: "kmshep01"Hi - this is my 1st post here but was wondering if someone could help me.

I will be visiting DLP in Jan 2014 staying at the Davy Crockett ranch. When I book online it only gives me the option of adding the standard meal plan but we want to upgrade to premium. Is this possible.

Thanks for the help.

Yes you can book premium meal plan while staying at any disney hotel but as far as I know you have to book by phone.

EmilieK

Quote from: "tinkerbell17"Hi all me and my bf and my niece are going to dlrp in nov for christmas season and have half board plus meal plan and were wondering if you can use them in all the restaurant in the plus and standard section in the brochure does anyone know thanks. :mickey2:  :minnie:  :bambi:

Yes, the plus vouchers are valid in all the restaurants you mentioned but also valid for its monitery value in all the restaurants mentioned in the brochure. This means that if the value of the voucher is 30€ you can book a table in any restaurant on the list and order food for 30€ and pay with that, or order food for for instance 42€ and use the voucher and only pay the 12€  remaining.
Hope this made any sence

gemmasteele84

Ask before doing this though as we tried to do that once and the staff didnt have a clue so we just ordered form the menu. The problem seemed to be that the value isnt actually printed on the voucher, so they didnt know what to charge iykwim.

kmshep01

Quote from: "EmilieK"
Quote from: "kmshep01"Hi - this is my 1st post here but was wondering if someone could help me.

Thanks for the help.

Yes you can book premium meal plan while staying at any disney hotel but as far as I know you have to book by phone.

Thank you so much.

Simon271

Hi All,

First post here but been a keen "lurker" for some time.

We're off to DLRP for our 4th or 5th visit in a few weeks. As part of our deal we got free Half Board Plus Meal Vouchers. Although we've been to Disney a few times this is the first time we've had meal vouchers.

We've got a reservation at Walt's and will also probably eat at places like Blue Lagoon. If we don't fancy the Half Board set menu in any of the restaurants (for example the Menu Carte at Walt's) are we free to choose anything we want from the entire menu and pay the difference between the value of the meal vouchers and the price of what we've actually ordered? Would the value of the vouchers be grouped together as a whole? For example if our entire food bill was 100€ (wishful thinking!) and the total value of our vouchers was 80€ would we just pay the 20€ difference?

Our daughter is just about still in the age bracket for child's meal so has a child's meal voucher. She'll more than likely want to eat from the adult menu though - would this be a problem? Can her voucher still be used against the balance?

If all this is the case does anybody have a rough idea as to the cash value of the vouchers - given that the were "free" (I know nothing is free and the cost will have been absorbed somewhere else in the price - old cynic that I am!)

Thanks for any help.

Simon

tubbsy

Sorry Simon! I've only just seen this!
I have done some research myself the same question and got the answer off another fab forum and DLRP magic.
Value of vouchers -
Not completely sure, but this may give you an idea.
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/
And yes, you can hand the vouchers (they may ask for coupons) and say you will be ordering off other parts of the menu-including your daughter eating adult and you will pay the difference.
Hope that helps :)

Sam

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

Dont forget to browse the menus to get an idea on DLRPMagic- off to get DS to have a look! :D (I should get Tinkerbell Stars for the amount of times I point forum members and friends in the direction of DLRPMagic!)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

antonh

Wow they do make it complicated...  :?

We're planning our first trip to DLP, a 4 night stay at the DLH in the Christmas period this year  :D , and thinking of getting half-board premium meal plan, mainly so we can do Auberge du Cendrillon and sunday brunch at Inventions, so that's 2 of our 4 sets of vouchers.

That leaves 2 remaining nights worth of vouchers, there are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) so I assume that means 4 adult vouchers and 4 child vouchers remaining. Have I got that right?

Anyway the thing is, we won't want fancy 3 course meals every day, and our 6 and 3 year old generally have to be kept topped up with snacks throughout the day so they don't always have massive appetites at meal times. So can we use our remaining at face value in lower rated restaurants (standard / plus) across more than 2 other meals? Let's say the four of us just grab some food at a counter service place and it comes to 60 Euros, can I use one of the adult vouchers (face value = 51 Euros?) to pay in part and the rest in cash? Has anyone tried this? If so, it makes sense to get the meal plan, otherwise I don't think it's worth it for us.

Thanks!

tubbsy

I am afraid that its one voucher, one meal.
So you cant separate the vouchers as you have suggested.

What might be worth you looking at doing is doing Half Board  Plus or half Board. When doing Auberge De Cendrillon pay the difference. Then it is worth having the vouchers to use at Annettes, Plaza Gardens, Agrabah Cafe etc. Again, take a look at the DLRPMagic link to get the best idea for what you can get for your vouchers.
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/
Does that make sense?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

antonh

Thanks Tubbsy, yes I think that makes sense. So if we have a night's worth of vouchers (2 adult vouchers + 2 kid vouchers), then all 4 have to be used at the same time even if using their cash value, we can't just use 1 or 2 vouchers at a time - is that right?

tubbsy

To be honest, I have two kids who can eat their weight in food, so for me I have never thought about it. Another forum member may know different, but as far as I am aware, this is right.
In an ideal world, we should be able to hand over only the value of what vouchers you have spent.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

missoverexcited

Hi from a confused newbie!

Can I clarify, if I pay for the standard plan, and eat in a standard restaurant, does the voucher automatically cover the meal or do I need to look at the value of the voucher too? Like if I order the most expensive thing on the menu, will my voucher not be enough even though its a standard restaurant?

Thanks!