Christmas in Disneyland 2006

Started by geomelin, January 02, 2007, 08:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geomelin

Hi there

two days after our return from a week in Disneyland and I am still trying to organise all the photos I have taken with my digital.
We had a wonderful magical time.
I was only worried about two things: (a) lines and (b) rain.
So, we were the first to enter the park (ok, we sacrifised our morning sleep) and got to all the attreactions without waiting in the queue and we had a week (23/12-30/12) without any rain at all. It started raining the day of our departure (30/12).

More details soon !!!!  :D

Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

Simi-Maus

Nice to hear that you had a wonderful time! :D
How does it work with your little daughter?
Was she exalted or was it sometimes too much for her?
Did she like the characters?  :minnie:
Simi

geomelin

She enjoyed it to the maximum. Her favourite attraction was DUMBO, something we did every morning.
Of course, it was very cold for her and she got used to it after the second day. The first 2 days she was just sitting in the stroller.

She also enjoyed the characters but just posing for photos. She did not want to react with them or touch them!
Previous Trips

DisneyBud

Thats a really nice photo composition aswell! Hope to see more photos soon...

geomelin

Hi again

this is a link for a video I made. It is about all the disney characters we met in the park.

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lIryGCyxWk

:D
Previous Trips

Samninetysix

Hi Geomelin, we were there at the same time over christmas :) - looks like you had a great time and the fog didn't arrive until half way through :D

geomelin

Hi

here are two more videos I made from our recent trip.

From Walt Disney Studios

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOeG1szFI8 and

From Hotel Cheyenne

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HfRFIBQ-Rc

Enjoy  :D
Previous Trips

mydogcalledbaloo

We got back from our very first trip to DLRP on 31st December and like some before me, am still ploughing through our 650 photos!!

We had such an excellent time.  It was what I imagined and more!!  I really want to go back sooner rather than later!!  The weather was really cold for the first couple of days, but we were armed with long johns, hand warmers and a large flask of hot chocolate.  

The parades were fantastic!!  The christmas decorations were out of this world!!  Seeing Mickey within minutes of just walking down Main Street was a very special moment.  One that I had been waiting 35 years for to be precise!!!

Our children only found out on Christmas day that we were going in 2 days time and were there for 5 whole days, which was enough time.  It was very busy but you soon got used to it!!  I was rather worried about how busy it would be, but to go when we did, I would not have missed it for the world!!!

We were fortunate enough to have a table near the window at Walts on the evening of 30th Dec and watch the Fantaillusion parade.  The meal itself was very nice and would recommend this to anyone!  The children loved the Mickey puzzle and my Cinderella slipper was too pretty to eat, well after 20 minutes of just looking at it, I then enjoyed every mouthful!!

We done a Character lunch at Cafe Mickey's on New Years Eve and was thrilled to bits when Minnie came round the corner, along with loads of others!!  Seeing the children's faces was priceless!!

Overall we had a fantastic trip and trying to plan our next!!

My only gripe was the Davy Crockett Ranch, our "log cabin" was in a very poor state in places and I am currently constructing a letter to let them know and send them a few photos!!!!  Considering how much it cost, I was expecting "home from home"  not "run down shack!!".

I cant end my report on a bad note.................................................................................................

Oh yes, I did cry with joy when I first walked down Main Street and was choked to bits when I saw Mickey Mouse!!!!

What a trip, one that I shall remember for the rest of my life!! :D  :D  :D  :D - the smiles on our faces upon our return!!!
27-31 Dec 2006 DCR (first time ever and cried with happiness!!)
17-20 March 2007 Sequoia Lodge
21-25 March 2008 DCR
March 2010 Newport Bay- cant wait to go!!

DisneyBud

Sounds like you had a beautiful and memorable time.  Se the things Disney does to people!!!

mydogcalledbaloo

Oh absolutely, have definitely caught that Disney bug!!! 8)
27-31 Dec 2006 DCR (first time ever and cried with happiness!!)
17-20 March 2007 Sequoia Lodge
21-25 March 2008 DCR
March 2010 Newport Bay- cant wait to go!!

Nala_84

Wow, what a beautiful pic above! Such a pretty family in front of the just beautiful, shiny castle - great! :)

And the videos, they're just amazing, especially the one with the characters! They make me wanna go to DLRP tout de suit ;) And your daughter is sooo sweet!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]