Café Mickey — Disney Village

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

based on the travel catalog if you're staying in a hotel (except davy crocketts ranch) its £14 foradults and kids :)
Has anybody done this recently? Was thinking of going there for lunch but with the bad reviews been put off, is breakfast any better?

hoppy40

Thats good then. was thinking of photo opportunity's, rather than get though the crowds to get photo's. worth spending the extra money

never2old

We're spending the night tomorrow near Disneyland and was thinking of maybe going for dinner in Cafe Mickey. We're not going into the park and I'm hoping that if we go there early (around 19:00 - 19:30) we'll be able to get a place without waiting too long.

From what time are the characters around in the evening?

Jens

Hey never2old. The characters are usually there starting 18:00 :)

never2old

Thanks Jens! :D

BethanyMack

Hi, I was hoping to book for Breakfast on the 5/9 ...... When I rang they told me I couldn't book more than 2-3days in advance.
A) Is this true?
And B) Is Goofy there?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :D
xxx
.....littlepatchofdisney.tumblr.com....
                                             when you wish upon a star....
4/9/12-6/9/12 Hotel Santa Fe
3/9/13-7/9/13 Hotel Santa Fe
2014 - Walt Disney World Florida!

tubbsy

Are you staying in an site hotel or off site BethanyMack?
If you are staying onsite then you can add it as part of your package. I dont know about off site I am afraid.

As for Goofy-Done it 5 times (Yes, we are greedy!) and seen him twice. You normally get the main mouse and his lady. We have always had Chip and/or Dale too, but dont know if this is the norm.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyManiac

This year we went there and saw the Genie, who we never seen before.

DisneyStar23

Reading some reviews Im thinking I don't want to 'waste' a meal vouher eating here for dinner (half board plus)  , what is the breakfast like? And how much pp would it be? Thanks for any help.

JediBUZ

I think its £14 per head.  Breakfast is about the same as you'd get at the New York but the Characters give you lots of attention and photo opportunities.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

DisneyStar23

That's great thanks, think we will do breakfast instead :)

gemma2806

The breakfast is excellent I paid to do this twice on my last visit. It's not very crowded, you get extra breakfast items including hot options and you can take your time with the characters. The first time we went for the last sitting but the second time we went for the first sitting and stayed to the end. This meant we hardly had to spend anything on lunch as we were still full and we got to see two different groups of characters. Excellent value for money!

missoverexcited

If we want to do the character breakfast do we need to book 60 days in advance or is there usually availability when you get to the hotel?

gemma2806

I've always booked the breakfast as part of the package when I book the holiday but I have never seen the place full. I would imagine it's ok to just book when you get there but it really depends on what time of year you go. If you're visiting during school or public holidays I would book just to avoid disappointment but I would imagine at quieter times of the year you could just book it when you get to the resort.

missoverexcited

Thanks, I don't know if I can persuade DH to do a character meal, I'd quite like to do dinner but I think breakfast might be my best chance of getting him there!