First visit in june - booking meals?

Started by seal island girl, March 28, 2017, 02:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seal island girl

Hi, we are taking our children (6 and 9) to the Newport Bay club during the 1st week of June(week after half term) , arriving Sunday, leaving Friday. I haven't booked any meal plans, but just trying to judge about booking dinner.
We don't plan on doing any character dining, and we're usually the sort that just wing it a bit for food, I'm not fussed by having table service every night, buffet or less would be ok. I'm thinking we may have early dinner late afternoon and an evening top up.
My question is, will it be busy that week, so advisable to book before we go, or can we just book at breakfast time for that night? My concern is booking restaurant times, then not being able to go with the flow of want we feel like doing?
Also, any idea of parade times that time of year, as that would also affect dinner? Many thanks!

claire2281

Personally, I have NEVER booked meals before I went. I teach so have to go in school holiday times. But since I go with other adults I don't have an issue eating outside of the more usual times. This is admittedly trickier with children.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

seal island girl

That sounds promising if you haven't had problems even in school holidays . My two are pretty adaptable , I can usually give them something to keep going if we're eating at a later time. I think it will be quiet hopefully because of the week we've booked -  luckily their school has a week less at Easter, and tags it onto the summer half term instead! I'm sure there will be space somewhere to eat, I didn't want to have to plan every meal before I got there.