Inventions — Disneyland Hotel

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimy yet satisfying

Hi can anyone who has visited recently tell me how much it is per adult and child for the evening character buffet. This website is sadly well out of date and shows only 2011 prices. thanks
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Tubbyherman

Would I be right in thinking that the evening buffet is around €53 per adult and €26 per child? I'll be paying with my half board plus vouchers so I reckon I'll be paying an additional €30 per adult, does that sound about right? Also, if I pay the additional money to eat here, is t right a drink is not included? I'd hate to embarrass myself when it comes to paying  :oops:  Thanks

Anthony

Tubbyherman, I merged your question into this official topic for the restaurant - you can find a link to the menu pricing in the first post.

Quote from: "Slimy yet satisfying"Hi can anyone who has visited recently tell me how much it is per adult and child for the evening character buffet. This website is sadly well out of date and shows only 2011 prices. thanks
I've updated prices for the dinner buffet: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dinin ... nventions/

Most menus only have an annual refresh in late March/early April and prices rarely change by more than one euro.

Slimy yet satisfying

Thanks for all the updates we rarely do disney without checking dlrp so its appreciated when its updated regularly.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

gemmasteele84

So grateful for this forum, would be lost planning this holiday without it! Couple of questions though:
- We rang yesterday to book inventions for May 5th (sunday) we were told inventions itself was closed then but they still held the character buffet in the california grill. Does this sound right or was I given the wrong information? I've found when ringing sometimes I get different information based on who I talk to iykwim and I was surprised if it is closed then as its not only a french school holiday but a British BH weekend so I thought they'd be busy.
- From looking about I think the theme on that day is neverland. Will it be only peter pan, hook etc or will tinkerbell be there? My son will be happy with the pirates but think my daughter would be less than impressed lol

Thanks again :) Hopefully when I come back I can give as much help to others on here as I've got :)

Aurora1

@gemmasteele84: are you posting pictures, when you get back? I`d love to see some of that lunch!
Have a great trip!
Aurora1

gemmasteele84

Im a scrapbooker so will probably have thousands of pictures lol. will be sure to post some here :)

MrsPirate

Quote from: "Slimy yet satisfying"Hi can anyone who has visited recently tell me how much it is per adult and child for the evening character buffet. This website is sadly well out of date and shows only 2011 prices. thanks

We booked the Dinner Buffet last November, it cost €52.50 per adult, €26.50 for children 7-12 years and €21.50 for children under 6. The price of the childrens menu included a soft drink. Expensive but the food was amazing and the characters spent ages with us.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

julesk

We booked Inventions yesterday for May, the reservations team said the price was 53.50, adults / 29.50 for our 5 yrs old. Nice to know drinks inc and charactors took there time. Found them a little rushed in Cafe Mickey last year but still amazing and well worth the money.

gemmasteele84

Is it still closed on may 5th does anyone know?

cinderslg

gem that is a sunday when they do the 'sunday brunch' from 12 to 3  its a different theme each week, neverland, royal, winnie the pooh etc. Its more expensive than normal lunch.

julesk

Has anyone done Inventions more than once in a week? If so, is it the same charactors everynight?   :?:  Thanks

gemmasteele84

It is the one on the sunday love yeah. Its the neverland theme we checked :) just a bit dissapointed that the inventions resturant is closed and being held in california grill instead :(
Julesk you could do a dinner one night, then the brunch on sunday. As its themed on the sunday it would be different to midweek

julesk

Thanks gemmasteele84, we are only there mon to fri which is a shame as brunch sounds perfect. I have just called reservations and they do an evening princess meal so got one lunch and one dinner now. Plus will just take risk and do two evening inventions.

Do you know when Inventions opens again? We dont go for another 6 weeks yet.

Thanks again

jackieann

Hi, where do they princess dinners?? And till what time?