Inventions — Disneyland Hotel

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Official dining topic for Inventions at Disneyland Hotel.

• Buffet Service
  • Character Dining

Share your experiences, tips, reviews and questions about this location or notify us of menu changes here!

Explore our complete Disneyland Paris Restaurant Index here.

mrssimpson

Hi there, we are staying at DLH for a week in August, really looking forward to it. Can anyone tell me what sort of food we can expect for breakfast? I've heard many good things about it - just wondered if anyone could give me details of the menu. Thanks in advance  :D

Clairelb

Hi All

I was just wondering what the difference is between the character dinner and the Sunday brunch at Inventions?

Are the characters different or is it the food? Which one is better?

Have eaten here before and thought it was lovely but have only just heard about the Sunday brunch.

Thanks  :)

Elaine

the brunch is themed, and you can call ahead to find out the theme before you go. the themed lunches have the characters in different costumes from Inventions dinner.

If I were going to be paying so much money for a meal at Inventions, I would go for the brunch over dinner I think.

Little mermaid 240

Hi

We are thinking of going to the Disneyland Hotel for our Anniversary around March '13, our daughter would be joining us as she says 'it'll be her last family holiday before she goes to university'  :)

We were wondering about the Inventions Buffet, as we have intolerances to shellfish and prawns to contend with.

Basically has anyone been there and do you have pictures or could you explain to me the type of food. We have previously eaten at Walt's and Plaza Gardens :thumbs: , but from the menu we know that the Blue Lagoon is definitely a no go!  :(

Thank you  :D
Little Mermaid x

jonathan

Theres a couple of videos on Youtube of the Inventions Buffet.  Ive been looking at them as we are going to do the character buffet at Inventions on our next trip.  It looks like a bit of everything- meats hot and cold, salads, there did appear to be a large section of seafood though.  As well as cheeses, and all sortd of desserts and sweets.

Little mermaid 240

Thanks,
There does seem a lot of shellfish, couldn't make out much of  the other foods, but perhaps the person filming loved the fish part of the meal   ;)

We are not going until March so we will keep watching for trip reports :)  Or on our first day we may go and ask if we can have a look then we can book for an other night later on the trip :thumbs:
Little Mermaid x

grovesie

Hi,
 I have eaten at the buffet twice before. I too do eat shell fish, but the display does look impressive if you arrive as it opens. The other dishes we had were a choice of were chicken, gammon, beef and lamb all with different sauces.  Both times I have been it's been fine...even my children ate and went bck for seconds etc.

If you do choose hope you have a great time.

Ian

squeezelou

Hi,
We've decided to eat at inventions buffet on our first night as we're staying at the disneyland hotel. Would we have time to get back to watch dreams if we ate at 6pm? Our youngest is only three so it would be too late to wait while 8.30.
Thanks Lou :D

caspdex

Definitely, as it's a buffet you can be out in less than an hour if you want to.It's beside the park as well so no travel time as such.

likesilver

Hi all.

My husband and I are bringing our daughter to DLP for the first time in December. We've booked the Full-Board Plus dining plan, but would like to eat at Inventions on our first night. Could anyone advise me on how much our vouchers are worth and how much extra we'd need to pay for Inventions?

Thank you!

jonathan

Hi

Has anybody done the Character Sunday Brunch at Inventions or really know anything about it- sort of food etc.  I see that its pricey (no real surprise) but was considering doing it on nour next trip. Sunday will be our last day and thought it might be  a nice way to round off our trip.  Just wondered if there was any feedback and if you can put your HB Premium vouchers towards the price of it?

Many thanks  :D

jonathan

Nobody done this or know anything about it?

kelly.dylan

We did this last Oct. it's the same as the usual buffet you eat in Inventions to be honest. Cooked meat, potatoes, salads, fish, chicken nuggets maybe chips and loads of desserts! It's gone up to 75 Euros apparently. It's highly overpriced for what it is but seeing the characters in different outfits  is a bonus! We had the Hawaiian theme!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

jonathan

Inventions, in my opinion, is by far the best food option in the whole resort for families- especially with my kids and my Mum who aren't so much fussy or picky but like food to be plain and normal.  In other words not covered in sauce or anything.  So at least theres a massive choice and they love the character interaction.

As its called a 'Brunch' I just assumed it would be a different sort of food offering but I've since seen and heard that like you say it's much the same as any other sitting but thats fine with us.  And Ive seen some great photos- just hoping for a cool theme.

I booked it yesterday and they quoted me at 220 euros for 2 adults, 2 children, 1 infant whos free of course.  Pricey but what the hey lol

On this trip  I've booked Inventions for 5 out of 8 days- shows how much we like it lol  :D
Thanks for your reply.