WDS Open Past 6pm!!

Started by Anthony, December 29, 2006, 02:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Hallelujah!

Take a look at the latest opening times: http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/calendar/index.xhtml

Walt Disney Studios will be open till 7pm on 31st March 2007, surely meaning the same opening hours for whole Easter holidays (following 2 weeks).  FINALLY they're daring to test the water with a later closure. :D  :D

The Butlin Boy

Finally, it's about time something like this happened for the Studios :D

Dlrpfan

WOOT! This is great news!!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

From WDSfans.com :D

Quote from: "WDSfans"Extra magic hours coming to WDS!
Posted by raptor1982 on Friday, June 1 2007

More excitement for WDS Fans is coming next year. And it's not just new attractions or entertainment, but something that fans are asking since the park opened: longer opening hours.

Extra Magic Hours is a system that allows guests staying at any Disney Hotel or Hotel l'Elysée Val d'Europe to spend 2 hours before or 2 hours after regular park times. This service was first launched last year at the Disneyland Park, but now appears to have found its way to the Walt Disney Studios Park, thanks to its expansion.

We should point how ever that these Extra Magic Hours will be on selected days only, which will be announced several months up front.

Source: DCP

Source

Nicholas-c

wow extra hours in WDS then over to main park for fireworks and their extra hours! a ha !
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

It's either Extra Magic Hours at DLP or at WDS, not both on the same day.

Nicholas-c

blast :( oh well cant have everything :P
July 2009 - All alone

DisneyBud

So is this a permanent feature (sorry i didn't read the article), I hope it is, as WDS neeeeeeeeeeeds to stay open longer!

speedpacket

Quote from: "DisneyBud"So is this a permanent feature (sorry i didn't read the article), I hope it is, as WDS neeeeeeeeeeeds to stay open longer!
At this time, Extra Magic Hours is only for the 15th anniversay, but something tells me, considering the feedback I have gotton from Hotel Guests that do feel the extra cost of the Disney hotel is well worth it since you get the extra - and far less busy - time in the parks, that they might just kep it, be it in another form or something...

Personally, I love it, and it's amazing to see the small number of guests at these times...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

speedpacket

Oh, and of course I think that Tower of Terror addition will most definitely require longer opeing times of the studios - I would still love to walk around the park at night, especially with the new Toon Studio area now...

In my honest opinion, they are aiming to finally make the Studios a park they can operate in a much more similar way they do with the Magic Kingdom now, and I don't think anyone is complaining about that :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Nicholas-c

i think studios in the dark would be awesome i have seen some images, but i guess that they cant run certain things like stunt show or tram tour in the dark
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

In fact, the Tram Tour runs in the dark during the winter.  The fire effects are great then and everything else is well lit up. The Stunt Show shouldn't be a problem either.

RnRCj

I've never been to the studios at night. Every time we go to DLRP we say we're going to do it but we never get round to it :P

Nicholas-c

ok, i stand corrected :P always go in the summer

i guess stunt show has flood lights but isnt the tram tour driven by humans ?
July 2009 - All alone

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"ok, i stand corrected :P always go in the summer

i guess stunt show has flood lights but isnt the tram tour driven by humans ?

:?  Yes. But do motoways close at night? The trucks have lights and the road is lit. The drivers are well trained and experienced.