What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have to say, and please, don't anyone take offence at this, but of all the visitors to the Resort, the one nation which really stands out as being loud and impatient are the Spanish.

:?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"My least pleasurable experience from my last trip was when I got off Cars - I walked past one of the other cars to get to the exit and this boy kicked his leg out right into my *Family Forum* :lol: What really annoyed me was when his mum didn't tell him off but she just gave me a really evil stare as if I'd done it to the boy!

:o  :x  :shock: Ouch! :wink: :lol:

Hommi16

New Years Eve 2006/07.

It was raining nearly the whole evening and night.
Although attractions were open till 1 a.m., alot of restaurants closed at 21.pm. i think. So you can imagine what happened in other restaurants. Waited about 40 minutes for a pizza at outpost. At Hyperion people were sitting everywhere stairs, walls, floor.....
really bad organisation, I didn't expect from Disney before.
Anyway we had a great night and it was really fun watchin two men fighting for their table :) .
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Masamune

@ RnRCj - :lol: Your poor "Family Forum".

:o Hm, I've never had those kinds of problems with the Spanish. From my experiences, it's mainly the French that seem to go out of their way to be rude and obnoxious. I guess they feel like they have a right to be that way, because it's their country. Obviously not all French people at DLRP are like that (:) French Cast Members are wonderful I think), but French guests just always seem to be the source of any problems I have at DLRP.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Masamune"Hm, I've never had those kinds of problems with the Spanish. From my experiences, it's mainly the French that seem to go out of their way to be rude and obnoxious.

Coincidence or not, my experience with a very obnoxious person on my last trip was with a French guy. ;) He was filming with a very brightly lit viewscreen and taking pictures with flash in Peter Pan - so bright it blinded my mom and I in the back seat.... I tapped him on the shoulder to say it blinded us and that it was forbidden too (in English and French), but he just made a point of doing it even more obviously.  :?
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Masamune

:roll: See, that's just completely rude behavior for no reason. Not only was he breaking the rules, he was ruining the ride for you and your mum and he doesn't care either way. :(

smurfy74

QuotePosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say, and please, don't anyone take offence at this, but of all the visitors to the Resort, the one nation which really stands out as being loud and impatient are the Spanish.

We were there the same time as you and found exactly the same thing, I also found that they had little respect for anything for example when candlebration was on me and mypartner waited patiently by the stage and all the spanish parents picked their children up put them over the railings and let them run all over the flower beds so they were closer.

Anonymous

I've noticed it on all 3 of my trips to DLRP over the last couple of years.  :?

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I never really understood the appeal in getting 'autographs'. Meeting characters and having a photograph is one thing, but getting their autograph is a bit strange. Although I suppose to the kids, it really is that character they're meeting.

Your telling me that the Mickey mouse that wished me a happy birthday and the Tigger who also wished me a happy birthday, and Meeko who made me smile in the Parade arent Real??????   :shock:

I feel cheated I want my autograph book money back :cry:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Anonymous

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"
Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I never really understood the appeal in getting 'autographs'. Meeting characters and having a photograph is one thing, but getting their autograph is a bit strange. Although I suppose to the kids, it really is that character they're meeting.

Your telling me that the Mickey mouse that wished me a happy birthday and the Tigger who also wished me a happy birthday, and Meeko who made me smile in the Parade arent Real??????   :shock:

Well, they might not be, but obviously the Princesses are real!

:lol:

PetiteSirene

Haha :)

To tell the truth I love getting autographs (but only when you get one on one time with the characters) When I am in the park I disband reality, who cares if its just someone dressed up as a character? For those few hours I can truely believe it IS mickey mouse and the they are real... After all... Isnt that what Disney is about? Dreams and Imagination?

I think next time I go I will plan carefully to be there when there are minimal kids about. Screaming kids and parents who dont control them are one of my pet peeves...

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

Angela

little one for sure thinks they are for real... so he want those autographs... and I like them in my scrapbook so double fun... we always have 2 signature books with us.... and no one ever looked strange about that.... they only look weird at little one because he always orders himself a diet coke...  :wink:

thekirtley

I know these arent actually in Disney itself but I have two bad experiences with traveling home from DLRP No.1 is when we were getting Eurostar back to Ashford and when we wnt in lift down to the station it stopped half way down and we were stuck for like 10 mins we nearly missed the train!. No.2 We were going from Charles De Gaulle airport after taking the bus from the hotel. We got into the airport to find that loads and loads of flights had been cancelled including ours. This was because of French air traffic control strikes  :?. We were annoyed that the bus driver didn't tell us about the strikes because we could've spent extra hours in the park!!!!!!  :x
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

MAVERICK

The thing that annoys me the most is the kids that push there way through the queues for the rides.

we were half way to star tours and three boys were going past people like they were not there until they came to me and my family we spread our selves out so they could'nt get past even though they were foreign i could tell they were not pleased they could'nt get passed.

PetiteSirene

People pushing really annoy me, though I must admit that people who meander down the queue leaving huge gaps really annoy me as well, especially when there are no queues and they are holding everyone up... I admit I can get a little too excited about getting onto a ride... :oops:

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia