Will Mickeys Soundstional Parade ever come to DLRP?

Started by CherryPie, April 23, 2012, 06:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

I'm really sorry if I've posted in the wrong section, I wasn't sure exactly where it should be as it concerns two parks.

Today I followed a link to a YouTube video about this parade ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwwtOLSh_g ) and I think it's wonderful. I would love to see it in person but sadly our family budget will never allow us to travel so far for it, for this reason I'm hoping it will eventually make it's way across the Atlantic so we can experience it too.

How long will 'Magic On Parade run for too, is it 5 years the same as Dreams?

Many thanks!

:ears:
Past Visits
March 25th-28th 2012 - Santa Fe
Planned Visits
November 8th-11th 2012 - Santa Fe

\":mickey2:\"

DLRP Roundup!

It certainly seems that DLP and WDI are working closer together now, I would imagine some parts of Soundsational will make it across the pond, electrical parade variations certainly did as they're a huge hit.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Malin

Having seen Soundsational in person a few times its good but not quite up to the standard of the current Paris Parade. Several of the floats are small in scale and lack the detail featured in Magic on Parade. The only float that stands out to me is the Mary Poppins float. While I'd prefer to see Disneyland Paris come up with a new Parade concept. If it did insist on taking an existing Parade from one of the Parks it would have to be Flights of Fantasy from Hong Kong Disneyland. [youtube:1g47ttzt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK3qhFfayvI[/youtube:1g47ttzt]

CherryPie

Thanks for your replies.

I haven't clicked your link yet Malin but I've heard many good things about the Flights of Fantasy parade, seems to be a favourite amongst many.

I agree with you that it would be great to see Disneyland Paris have it's own unique creation but I suppose they've got that with Dreams, plus it's exclusively theirs isn't it? I believe it's not to be shipped anywhere when DLRP have finished showing it - I suppose that could change though as it will be in DLRP for 5 years.
Plus in the financial climate that many countried are in wouldn't it make more sense to 'share' the parades?
Past Visits
Planned Visits

CherryPie

Right, I watched as much as the link/signal will allow me to of your Flights of Fantasy link.

I may be going against the grain here but I found it a little boring.   :|  I bet seeing it for real is a million miles different however.
For me it never really seemed to get going, but then again I could only watch it up until the 'swan' float. But even so, there were 2 Winnie the Pooh's, one in a balloon basket (an actual character) and one draped over a balloon. That didn't really make sense to me.

Maybe one day I'll see it for real if DLRP ever borrow it  :mickey2:
Past Visits
Planned Visits

candydog

Hmm, I doubt Sounsational will ever come to Paris. As Malin said, the floats are quite small in scale compared to DLRP's parade floats. This is usually the case with the parades in Disneyland California, and they'd be somewhat dwarfed by main street and the castle if they ever came to Paris, where the parade floats are probably among the biggest of any Disney park worldwide. Just look at DLRP's floats throughout the last 20 years, there have been some huge ones such as the Old Beauty and the Beast float and Little Mermaid float, and the Imaginations parade was apparently enormous too.

The parades in the two parks would be incompatible with each others' venues if switched, so while Soundsational may not come to Paris, its success may at least lead the design team to come up with something similar and better suited for DLRP in the future. As for how long the current parade will run for, nobody knows really. It may run, and probably will, for a few years yet, before being either redesigned as a new incarnation or replaced by a whole new parade.

CherryPie

Thanks for your reply.

I see what you mean about the size of the floats, they are pretty big. I remember the Beauty and The Beast on you're talking about, and The Little Mermaid - that was on when I went with college for the 10th Anniversary. My first taste of Disney :)

I don't necessarily think bigger is better though, I mean look at the princess carriages that are in Magic on Parade. They're pretty small. I think what I liked most about Soundsational is the musicians and crowd interaction and especially the characters talking (even if it was a recording). My children were pretty confused that the characters don't talk at all because they do on tv. There was more going on in Soundsational, more than just watching floats and a few dancers go by. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Magic on Parade, it's just a bit short. For a 20th Anniversary I expected something a little more impressive I think, a bit more memorable.
Past Visits
Planned Visits

Deff

I believe the characters not talking is inevitable in Paris due to the language. Having French speaking characters might confuse non-French children even more then just not speaking characters.

CherryPie

Quote from: "Deff"I believe the characters not talking is inevitable in Paris due to the language. Having French speaking characters might confuse non-French children even more then just not speaking characters.

They manage it in dreams? They have an English speaking Peter Pan and a French speaking Wendy? I know that isn't a parade but it's the same kind of thing.
Past Visits
Planned Visits

Josh

Quote from: "Deff"I believe the characters not talking is inevitable in Paris due to the language. Having French speaking characters might confuse non-French children even more then just not speaking characters.
Mickey always speaks French and Minnie always speaks English. They have similar pairings for many of the characters. As for Fantillusion, all of the characters speak in English.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

I love Soundsational! The music and the energy makes it a fantastic parade.

I can't see it ever coming to DLP though.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Columbiad

Soundsational is IMHO the next best parade after Once Upon A Dream Parade, and therefore I'd love to see it come to DLRP. It'd certainly be an improvement on Disney Magic On Parade.

However, with it's slightly more abstract, contemporary feel, and it's theme of music, might it not fit better in Walt Disney Studios Park? It''d be perfect for it.

Flights of Fantasy looks great, however there's an aesthetic style to the Asian parks floats, that I think wouldn't sit right with European audiences. The floats on Tokyo and Hong Kong have a vibrancy and a style that fits right into a culture full of manga and a love of the kitsch, however I think that it looks cheap or tacky compared to the European style of OUADP. Know what I mean?

wishuponastar

Agree with Columbiad about the style of parades in the Asian parks. I think this mostly applies to the costumes, which would look odd here.

However, I do think a parade like soundsational would be awesome in either park here. The idea of something like it in WDS is awesome, it needs a lot of energy to liven up the park for a while. Maybe a sounsational-style cinema parade?

CherryPie

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Soundsational.

Fingers crossed we get something equally special for the next parade - it'll probably be MoP until the 25th Anniversary now tho won't it?
Past Visits
Planned Visits

CherryPie

Quote from: "wishuponastar"Agree with Columbiad about the style of parades in the Asian parks. I think this mostly applies to the costumes, which would look odd here.

However, I do think a parade like soundsational would be awesome in either park here. The idea of something like it in WDS is awesome, it needs a lot of energy to liven up the park for a while. Maybe a sounsational-style cinema parade?

I think you're right about it fitting into the Studios better, something with a music/movie theme to it. That park seemed a little 'flat' when I visited for the first time a few weeks ago.
Past Visits
Planned Visits