4 Day 20th Celebration! *Day 4 added* [FINISHED]

Started by alternativerock123, April 16, 2012, 08:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

Quote from: "andlorna"Hi your report is very good, i love the picture quality and colours of all of them   =D>
Can you tell me what camera you have ? as i am looking for a new one at present and judging your photos i want a camera like yours, they are all very crisp and bright whatever the condition they are taken in.Once again fantastic report keep it coming thanks andrew

Thank you!  :D

I said at the top of day 2 - I use a brand new Sony SLT A55. I only got it a week before I went to LA in March. It's a bit pricey but I think it's completely worth it.  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

DLP-Photos.com

Lovely report with great photos as always!

Keep it coming  :D/
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

bensmum

stunning photos and great report. i am sure we saw you at the park...it was the hair that caught my eye lol.
Sounds like you had a great trip

Aurora1

Asolutly stunning pictures!!
I liked the ones in La Taniere du Dragon. Mine are always a little too dark.
Looking forward for more.
Aurora1

ilovedisneylandparis

Thanks so much for posting these, they are amazing! Love the video of Duffy :ears:

mickeymouse

Quote from: "geekyjo"Thanks so much for posting these, they are amazing! Love the video of Duffy :ears:

Another Duffy lover !  :D Thanks for the brilliant pictures! Also loved your Mary Poppins video on youtube!
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: "mickeymouse"
Quote from: "geekyjo"Thanks so much for posting these, they are amazing! Love the video of Duffy :ears:

Another Duffy lover !  :D Thanks for the brilliant pictures! Also loved your Mary Poppins video on youtube!
I think I make it 3 Duffy lovers :) Loving all the pic and vidios, well done Laura :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

alternativerock123

Thank you guys again for reading the report! I always love sharing my photos with you guys. =D

Duffy is nice theres nothing wrong with him - just the price of his damn bear and clothes.  :P

THE DAY! IT FINALLY CAME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND PARIS!
Day 3! PART 1!

We got up nice and early! We made sure to get the earliest bus to the park - we then went to place my tripod in the hold so we weren't carrying it around all day - but we were glad we came straight away as the queues were huge - of course they weren't letting anyone in yet - but still.

We then pushed our way through - I ran and grabbed about 14 of the schedules and inspected it thoroughly! I was happy with the amount that was going on in the day. We saw the giant monitors but we ran to the left and got in the crowd ready to view the flash mob!

I nearly cried - it was a magical moment.

Me and my mother watched a  bit on the screens and the planes flew over head was amazing!
We then pushed our way through to try and meet Phillip Gas. (CEO)

[youtube:2e26zhi1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJlbL57WP9g[/youtube:2e26zhi1]

We then went on a VERY mad goose-chase for that damn pin! We went two shops on Main-street - one just ran out as soon as we entered and the other said "they don't have any".
So we ran down to Fantasyland to try there - no luck - my dad left and checked in Discoveryland and then Adventureland. He called my mum to tell her that he got the pin - and I was getting upset. lol But we met back up in Fantasyland and I was happy - until I thought my lost my pass and we went back towards Mainstreet looking (thought I dropped it in one of the stores were I did buy another pin) but thank goodness it was stuck in one of the many schedules we picked up.
So we then headed towards Videopollis as I wanted to see a bit of the talk with Tony Baxter.

My dad left to find the toilet and texted me saying that there was a show outside.
Which was the Discoveryland Celebrates! Show with characters. =D

Character photos! We were only meant to meet one but I really wanted to meet Clarice too.  :P

[youtube:2e26zhi1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBLPLtUHOeI[/youtube:2e26zhi1]
[youtube:2e26zhi1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzoNla5fs1Q[/youtube:2e26zhi1]

We then headed back to Fantasyland to see if any characters were about .. but only hatter.

(Sorry they came out rubbish)

We then headed to the Court Yard to watch the Fantasyland Celebrates! Show.

WARNING LOTS OF PHOTOS!

We then took a leisurely stroll towards Adventureland to grab a drink and something to snack on - I wish we got there earlier - but I didn't think it was going to be on the worlds smallest area. >.<

[youtube:2e26zhi1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKQYZfq_Oj4[/youtube:2e26zhi1]

We then headed straight to Frontireland for a front-ish row seat of the show. Which I LOVED!

We then just chilled for a while - no more shows till later.

BTW THE CASTLE SPARKLED! We all said at the same time "Since when does it sparkle?" Ha. It was really pretty - it should do that more often.  :D
My video didn't work - nor did my photos pick it up.
There might be something out there.
But it was on the entire castle - little white dots - even on the side roof above the wishing well.  :D

And I'll leave it there for now! Next post - more Magic on Parade and the MainStreet U.S.A Celebrates! Show, plus more photos of Dreams!

Thanks guys.  :thumbs:
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

nicnak

I am really enjoying your trip report, photos and videos are fantastic. we are visiting in 4 weeks time and also staying at hotel l'elysee, so i'd love to know how you found the hotel x
July 1997 - Day trip
May 2012 - Hotel l'elysee
October 2013 - Hotel New York

Upcoming trips...

January 2015 - Disneyland hotel

mickeymouse

Yes it's such a good idea to have short videos with characters. Brilliant!
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

minnieme

Ah Laura, this is great, as always. Really enjoying it. Its giving me that excited tingle in my tummy ready for my trip in 6 weeks. I love the photos. Brilliant x

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

DuchessofWords

I've really enjoyed looking at your photos so far. They're so wonder and the color and quality is excellent. It makes me want to get a nicer camera before my next trip. Can't wait to see some more.

littlemermaid83

Love your report so far Laura!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

alternativerock123

Quote from: "nicnak"I am really enjoying your trip report, photos and videos are fantastic. we are visiting in 4 weeks time and also staying at hotel l'elysee, so i'd love to know how you found the hotel x

I thought it pretty all right - the only thing is we didn't have the breakfast as it was very expensive and we've been told a bit rubbish. Over all the beds were nice and comfy, Tv had some okay channels, bathroom was nice and large, the toiletries were nice (took a Aloe soap and still using it in my bathroom now. lol) Staff were very nice and helpful and over all the entire hotel was very clean. One night when we came back they were showing football which was nice for my dad. lol

The towels were a bit "scratchy" and we only had for two when we arrived but got more the next day without asking.
Also our bathroom door squeaked but that is probably just our room.

But yeah, I would totally stay again! But ah - the bus on the way back is rediculous! There was only one bus at 10:30 and then another at 11:35. So we had to get the RER to Val D'Europe all nights because we didn't want to wait for the bus. But in the morning it was fine just cramped - so you can get the train if you want. It was about 1,35 Euro per person. So depends on what you want.

AH! You need to place your door-key-card into a slot just by the door to turn the lights on - so when you take it - all the lights go off. Which is a pretty decent feature - but we didn't realise straight away and panicked little. Ha. And the bathroom doesn't have a switch it's automatic - so when you enter in the middle of the night it's really bright and doesn't turn off for about 5 minutes. But it's not that bad. lol

But yeah, I would stay again - I might be in the end of May.

Hope this helped. I'll answer any more questions if you have any. =]  :thumbs:
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

littlemermaid83

Did you use flash on your photos Laura?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!