Toy Story Mania next attraction after Ratatouille? (Rumour)

Started by disneyparis34, April 16, 2012, 12:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyparis34

Philippe Gas, Disneyland Paris's CEO, said in L'Express talks about Disneyland Paris studying an interactive Toy Story attraction (Toy Story Mania for the Walt Disney Studios Park after Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity).

The ride has been installed at disneys callifornia adventure park and disneys hollywoood studios and it is currently getting installed at Tokyo disney sea.

The ride is an interactive 4D attraction where you step into your ride and hit targets on the screen with your spring-action shooter to gain more points, different targets you hit special effects happen all around you.

the ride is currently really popular with up to 120 mins waits and fastpass gone by afternoon, it would be a great addition to the park and very popular for the whole family.

Timbo

Do you not think this is just like Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast ? Would be surprised if they do a near duplicate attraction in the Studios ! There is not a massive difference between them.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Timbo"Do you not think this is just like Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast ? Would be surprised if they do a near duplicate attraction in the Studios ! There is not a massive difference between them.

No, not really. The only thing they have in common is that they are aiming/shooting attractions. No where near duplicate. It'd be similar to comparing Dumbo, Orbitron and Flying Carpets, similar attractions but very different experiences. Also, WDW and DLR both have TYM and BLYLB in their resorts so I don't see why we can't.

dagobert

Although I like Buzz, I'm not that excited about TSMM. It's just another video game type attraction, but I guess it will be popular among the guests. Unfortunately it was closed when we have been to WDW, so I couldn't experience the ride. I would have liked a ride not based on Pixar, but now I hope they will incorporate the attraction into a Pixar Studios building, like they have done at DHS.

But let's see first if these rumours are true and not another mistake by the French press.

Malin

QuoteAlso, WDW and DLR both have TYM and BLYLB in their resorts so I don't see why we can't.

Also don't forget the new one opening up at Tokyo DisneySea this Summer.

If it comes to the Studios it really needs to be placed with the rest of the Toy Story Characters in that horrible poorly themed and executed land. It might finally give the place a purpose. I really would prefer not to see it go else where in the park. While I'm not against the idea of adding this since I think we can all agree the Studios needs more family dark rides. And its highly unlikely we are ever going to see any on the impressive scale of Pirates or Phantom Manor. So 3D screens are the best we can hope for in regards to dark rides at the Studios. I would like to see something none Pixar related. Buzz, Crush, Cars, Toy Story Playland and the upcoming Ratatouille. We need inspiration from something new and fresh. And interesting enough this is the one park I feel with its combination of mixed themes a Marvel attraction of some sort would work.

Discoponies

Midway Mania is a great ride! From the way it varies each time you play, to how well the 3d works. Its nothing like the Buzz ride. I'd have rather if the money spent on toy story playland had been invested in this instead!

15MagicalYears

Although I really like and enjoyed Toy Story Mania in Hollywood Studios (where it's the only Pixar attraction). Does no one else feel like it'd be a Pixar overdose if this & ratatouille were both to become reality? It's time to move on to improving the left side of the park which has practically sat un-touched since opening.

dagobert

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Although I really like and enjoyed Toy Story Mania in Hollywood Studios (where it's the only Pixar attraction). Does no one else feel like it'd be a Pixar overdose if this & ratatouille were both to become reality? It's time to move on to improving the left side of the park which has practically sat un-touched since opening.

That's true, but it would also mean that Disney has to come up with something new, because a toon inspired ride wouldn't fit into that area. Toy Story is a save bet for DLP's management. It's not too expensive and it's already popular in the US. In addition DLP doesn't have to pay for research and developement costs, because Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo got it as well. TSM is one of the easiest way to increase the dark rides and that's why I always wondered why the money saving management didn't choose it instead of Ratatouille.

I really wish WDI would come up with an original attraction for Backlot that has actually something to do with a movie studio.

Quote from: "Malin"If it comes to the Studios it really needs to be placed with the rest of the Toy Story Characters in that horrible poorly themed and executed land. It might finally give the place a purpose. I really would prefer not to see it go else where in the park. While I'm not against the idea of adding this since I think we can all agree the Studios needs more family dark rides. And its highly unlikely we are ever going to see any on the impressive scale of Pirates or Phantom Manor. So 3D screens are the best we can hope for in regards to dark rides at the Studios. I would like to see something none Pixar related. Buzz, Crush, Cars, Toy Story Playland and the upcoming Ratatouille. We need inspiration from something new and fresh. And interesting enough this is the one park I feel with its combination of mixed themes a Marvel attraction of some sort would work.

I guess the times of lavish dark rides like PM or POTC are gone. Even the new Mystic Manor in HK was scaled down. AAs are getting too expensive for Disney and I think that's why WDI outsourced the building of them to Garner Holt. A few weeks ago they even sold the production parts inventory to GH. We will still see AAs, but I guess they will not be that advanced as the ones for POTC, just look at Ariel at DCA. I think the future will be 3D screens, but I'm not a big fan of another shooter attraction. WDI should try something like Universal's Spiderman or Transformers. Those two rides are the new benchmarks for dark rides.

|Q|

Actually, o think that we could end up gettin the best themed version of TSMM. I cannot say i'm actually *happy* gettin this attraction, mainly because, well, i cannot see 3D U_U' But while in all the other versions there's always some kind of compromise between the inside and the outside of the attraction (in DCA and now TDS outside is a *real* midway, and inside is a toy sized midway made up by toys with toys, and in DHS u got giant toys in front of a Pixar Studios building replica), in our version u'd get at the attraction itself already "shrunken". And it would really add purpose to a land that's really missing an centerpiece attraction.

Q

DLRP Roundup!

Nice addition to the park, was good in DHS and very well themed.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

BuzzL'Eclair

Has anyone else seen the current rumours on Disney Central Plaza? They're saying that over the next few years the Studios will receive new attractions on both sides of the park, eventually transforming Toon Studio into a Pixar Land and Backlot into a Marvel Land. Toy Story Mania should be the next attraction after Ratatouille, and there are rumours of a major Marvel E-Ticket possibly using roboarm technology. Backlot's existing attractions, as well as Animagique and the Carpets in Toon Studio are also said to be rethemed.

|Q|

Quote from: "BuzzL'Eclair"Has anyone else seen the current rumours on Disney Central Plaza? They're saying that over the next few years the Studios will receive new attractions on both sides of the park, eventually transforming Toon Studio into a Pixar Land and Backlot into a Marvel Land. Toy Story Mania should be the next attraction after Ratatouille, and there are rumours of a major Marvel E-Ticket possibly using roboarm technology. Backlot's existing attractions, as well as Animagique and the Carpets in Toon Studio are also said to be rethemed.

In that thread they also talk about Pandora coming to WDS (and it doesn't sound likely)

Anyway, some user told to be prepared for a "big shock" in 2014... we'll see *_*

Q

Josh

If that's true, that'll be interesting. Could Studio 2 be the site for Toy Story Mania? What will they do to the Art of Animation? Either way, the Imagineers are definitely working on big plans for the park. Maybe we'll be getting the DCA-like rejuvenation sooner than we thought.

I hope they don't take this too far, though, if Marvel is coming as well. Otherwise, they'll be renaming the park to The Random Franchise Studios.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Quote from: "Josh"Otherwise, they'll be renaming the park to The Random Franchise Studios.
That's kind of what a studios theme park is though, isn't it? Except we'd have popular franchises like Marvel and Pixar instead of Armageddon and Reign of Fire!

Toy Story Playland definitely feels weird these days without Woody, Jessie and all the rest of the core gang. It's very clearly been designed so that if Toy Story Mania were built there'd be no overlap, but at the moment it leaves it lacking. Smart move from the Imagineers, like building a randomly Parisian street, perhaps. We just have to hope that Toy Story Mania would be an extension to the existing area and not randomly dropped somewhere else.

|Q|

Quote from: "Malin"So 3D screens are the best we can hope for in regards to dark rides at the Studios.

Actually the Mr Potato Head animatronic in the queue it's pretty great.

Q