3rd gate: my ideas based on the rumors

Started by orsie, February 05, 2012, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsie

I heard some when (a few years ago, just after Disney had bought Marvel) that the 3rd gate could possibly be a Marvel themed park. One of my obsessions (apart from Disney and DLRP (is it currently DLRP or DLP?)) is Marvel so i know a lot about all their characters and read a variety of their books each month. So on this post i am going to propose my ideas of what could be in this Marvel themed park. I was thinking that their could be a variety of lands based on different characters home worlds (if that makes sense) in the books to really bring it to life. I was thinking that the lands could be: Asgard (with big majestic golden buildings just like in the Thor comic books and a rainbow road leading up to it, although i'm not quite sure how that would work), Stark Industries (from Iron Man there could be a couple of majestic building holding massive rides), a land that would be like a nuclear test site as that is how Hulk got his powers so it could have Hulk themed rides, a captain america themed land, something themed to new york for Spider-Man. The centerpiece of the park could be the Avengers mansion and could contain all kinds of bits and bobs, like comic book sketches, movie storyboards and movie props. It could also contain rooms in which you can read digital comics on touch screens (or maybe IPads) and a room which screens marvel TV shows (could be a whole attraction in itself). In the upcoming, days, weeks, months (depending on whether i can be bothered or not) i will post more detail on each of the lands.
Orsie  :thumbs:
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

Aladar

Sounds like a great idea! It's very hard to create themed lands for a superheroes park, because there are so many different worlds in the Marvel canon that it would be impossible to create so many different lands and attractions.

Tinkswishes28

Wow, that would certainly be a draw for older, and younger fans alike who had not thought of going to Disney before. Wouldn't it be fantastic if they linked the 3rd gate with a monorail?
2005 DLRP

Whoknew?

I like your ideas, but I don't like the idea of whole park dedicated to marvel characters :( it would be a shame if this is going to be our 3rd gate.

I would like to see something completely different. creating the worlds of the comics would make much more sense in the wds park as they are creating "street sets" for each comic in some way: Major Expansion for WDS, rather than a 3rd gate.

MrMoo

I think the 3rd gate should be a Disney Villains park, kind of the reverse of the main disneyland park.... complete with a castle as a central hub and different themed lands around.  Obviously you have a few 'villainous' attractions in Disneyland so you could have a few un-villain rides in the new park too for balance.   I don't mean villains as in scary either - much of the rides should appeal to the little ones as much as possible - just with a darker but playful theme or a kind of 'dream theme' - you could even have a land devoted to pixies / fairies etc.  

So maybe something like this:

Disney Land Park
Disney Movie Park
Disney Dream Park

??

I wish I had the time to design it all, but I think you get the idea!

orsie

I can see where you are going with that idea, although i'm not sure it would work well as a whole park. However, a villians land in a Disney Park would be quite frankly awesome. That way it could be quite dark as the young children could easily skip it!
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)