Hotel Cheyenne - January 2012

Started by Rafael, January 14, 2012, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessemily

Love all your photos of the castle.  You captured it from some great angles.  
I think your words on how you felt upon first getting to Fantasia Gardens are very good.  I still get bubbles of excitement when I see the place again, and I have visited 10 times now.  All worries and problems, (not that I have many) can be left behind for a few days of Disney magic.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

Rafael

You are very kind Princess Emily :)

The thing with the castle is that it looks good from any angle, right? It is a masterpiece of imagineering.
I really like they way you describe the feelling of getting there: "bubbles of excitement". That´s it, a great definition. You are also right about leaving the worries behind. After a very stressful year and and worried about lots of things related to work, when I got there, everything disappeared. It´s so good when your mind can be free of worries for some time. What a feeling!

Rafael

Frontierland!

Rafael

We finished our first day at the park eating a hot-dog at Casey´s Corner while we waited for Princess Aurora's Christmas Wish. It was raining a bit, but if I remember correcty, the rain stopped by the time the show started. The hot-dog was not that good. The show was fine and the castle does look beautiful with all the Christmas lights. We left the park by the time the show was over and walked back to the hotel. We decided to leave Fantillusion to the next day.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Rafael"

This is a wonderful image =D>

As have been all your images :)  It seems you have the same Castle infatuation that I have, I just love it as it sits there at the centre of the park all dressed up ;)

David

Rafael

Thanks for being so kind, Epcot boy :)

and definitely yes, we share the Castle infatuation  :)

Laura678

I love your trip report so far. You were there the same time as me so I am trying to see am I in the background of any of your photos ha ha.

I love how you describe how you feel when you enter Fantasia Gardens. I always get overwhelmed and its only then that it clicks with me that I am back home in the magic!

Your photos are great and I look forward to reading and seeing more!!!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Rafael

Hi Laura!

It would be great if we could find you in any of my pictures, wouldn´t it? :) well, maybe I am in the background of one of yours lol :)

Reading trip reports before being there, I always thought it was interesting that people said they felt like they were back home when they got there. But I ended up feeling that too!!!! lol  I get goose bumps just remembering it.
You know, traveling from Brazil to Europe ain´t cheap and I planned this trip to Disneyland Paris as a once in a lifetime experience, but I am already feeling desperate to go back there. Wel, who knows?

What about you, did you enjoy your trip?

Aurora1

Great TR so far, thank you!
I love your pictures, the`re beautiful. Also grat the ones, that are almost black and white. How did you do that? Photo shopped or camera mode?
Aurora1

Rafael

Thank you Aurora1! :)

I used photoshop to adjust the color, vibrance and saturation. For the ones that are almost black and white, to have that look I used the PS tool photo filter.

Rafael

For day 2, we decided to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours to explore Discoveryland.

I have to confess something, being overweight, months before the trip I had decided to start a diet that I called "Mission Space Mountain", because I really wanted to ride it, but I was scared of not fitting the seat. Well, my mission was a big failure and I never got to lose the pounds I should have  (it´s painful to say this, it´s not easy to admit that myself).  Therefore you could image the way I was feeling heading to Space Mountain. When we were walking through the queue, I could see Helio´s fear when he saw the video warning about the loops and stuff. Well, I had a different fear. I was terrified about the possibility of getting there and a castmember telling me that I couldn´t ride it because I was too fat. Knowing we would explore Discoveryalnd the next day, I had a nightmare about this the night before. It was a 5 min queue only, but it took ages of desperation for me.
Well, I got there and had no problem. What a relief! The relief was huge! We rode it and I liked it. Helio said he didn´t like it at all. Having read before that the ride was very rough, I think I was prepared for the worse, but I can´t say that I found it rough tough. My frustration was that the audio was not working and I think the soundtrack would have improved the experience.
We algo managed to ride Laser Blast and Star Tours. Laser Blast was what I thought it would be, a fun ride, but not a great ride. I loved the queue for Star Tours, but I think the ride itself hasn´t aged well. It´s not a bad ride though.
I love the design of Discoveryland and the Jules Verne theming, all the retro-futurist look.I really liked walking through Nautilus. Very well done.

princessemily

We were also there 4th - 6th January, seems like a popular time for dlrpmagic forum members to visit.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

BlackPearl

Great trip report and I just love the pictures.
Just makes me want to visit dlrp right now!

But one question: where did you hide all the other guests in Hotel cheyenne?  ;)  
 :mrgreen:

Rafael

Thanks Black Pearl! :)

Well, I don´t know what happened to the guests...lol
Maybe I do know. For the first two days, we only walked to the parks and that was when I took the pictures. Almost nobody walking there. I discovered this by the third day, when we starting taking the bus. The bus stop was always full of people. I also saw a lot of people checking in at night, when we were returning from the parks.
The hotel was very quiet indeed. I kind like it, a very calm, relaxing atmosphere. A ghost town atmosphere lol

Laura678

Quote from: "Rafael"Hi Laura!

It would be great if we could find you in any of my pictures, wouldn´t it? :) well, maybe I am in the background of one of yours lol :)

Reading trip reports before being there, I always thought it was interesting that people said they felt like they were back home when they got there. But I ended up feeling that too!!!! lol  I get goose bumps just remembering it.
You know, traveling from Brazil to Europe ain´t cheap and I planned this trip to Disneyland Paris as a once in a lifetime experience, but I am already feeling desperate to go back there. Wel, who knows?

What about you, did you enjoy your trip?

Yes it would! But I loved looking at your photos even without looking for myself in the background!

Yes I had a great trip! I found the crowds weren't too bad but the weather on Thursday was bad! I am looking forward to more of your trip report!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]