Toy Story 4 - Confirmed ??

Started by Pete's Dragon, June 27, 2011, 05:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peter"Do you get the feeling woody now gets shot in toy story 4?

Lasseter really isn't too good at sidestepping

I can see the opening scene now: Woody getting repeatedly beaten by the other toys screaming "I'm sorry", while Ham shouts "How could you, I was looking forward to retirement!"

Boxy

The way I see it is that the only reason why they will even consider making a Toy Story 4 or even 5 is to appeal to the new generations who will visit the Toy Story Playlands in the parks and therefore interest needs to be kept alive with new characters and stories aswell as Woody and Buzz.
I want my children and future grandchildren to ask to go to Disneyland because they have seen the movies -Toy Story,Cars,Cars2 etc:
Disney needs to look to the future and plan for future generations. I have Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on video. I doubt very much that my grandchildren would ask to watch them in my house when they would have DVD's or Blue rays in their own house of Toy Story 3 and Cars 2.

LilbecT

My cousin absolutely adores Toy Story 1 - and shes only 3 years old? You can get Toy Story on blu-ray now, I have them. I think Toy Story 3 was perfect for those who grew up with the gang, it was nice and a good ending. Theres no need for a fourth. As for keeping the Toy Story Playlands full, if the shorts are shown before new Pixar films then surely it will keep the interest alive?
January 2009 - Davy Crockett
November 2010 - Disneys Enchanted Christmas
June 2011 - First summer Visit!

peter

actually i believe there is a rumour that from now on the shorts before all pixar films will be toy story related

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 TS films so would trust a 4th to be just as good. At the end of TS3 I thought they'd set it up for a 4th film with all the characters now living with Bonnie.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

sebassah

I'm normally sceptical on squels (I think Cars 2 and Pirates 4 proof me right for that matter) but the TS serie has surprised me and got better every film they did.

As for keeping TSPL full: The are many attractions based on Diney Classics that didnt have a sequel or at least not a decent one (thinking about the horrible lady and the tramp/ mermaid/ peter pan pt's 2,3,4 etc). Kids still love those Disney classics and wanna go to the park to see Mickey Mouse even though he hasnt had any new material for how many years?

I think Disney classics are true classics and will entertain and inspire many kids of many generations to visit one of the Disney Parks.