Halloweeeen Trip Report 13th-16th October. Day 3 added!

Started by Martin B, October 18, 2011, 01:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackieann

hiya martin,  

We saw you at in frontierland round where the smoke was my Daughter wanted her picture with you was going to ask but when i looked round you had walked off. wish i had asked now.

Jackie

Martin B

Sorry for neglecting this report a bit over the last week.

Anyway, after a late night comes an early morning. It wouldn't be Disneyland if it wasn't like it.

We had booked our 3rd Character meal of the trip at Cafe Mickey for the American breakfast. We think the breakfast is great value for money food wise, but we were a bit bummed last time. We were sat in the Annexe and some of the characters missed us out completly. However this time, we were sat smack bang in the middle of the restaurant and we had meeted and greeted all of the characters within 10 minutes. Despite it being our 3rd character meal, it was refreshing to get the chance to meet some different characters.

Our first meeting came with my beloved Eeyore...

We think Mickey got out of bed on the wrong side of bed this morning. We had some great interactions with Mickey at the Halloween Party and at the evening meal, however today he was not interested in the least and the whole encounter was over and done with in 10 seconds.

The chipmunks were great fun. I only managed to grab a picture with Dale, because we were taking pictures for another family when Chip came to us, but he waved at us anyway, but never came back for a photo.

Goofy was also about, which wasn't much of a surprise..

Pluto came along too..

Then, of course, it wouldn't be a character breakfast at Cafe Mickey without......

GEPETTO!!  :roll:

After the delicious breakfast we headed over to Walt Disney Studios to do all of the shows, we knew our feet would be aching by Day 3 and they were (extremly) so we planned all along to visit the shows in the studios this morning.

We went on a couple of rides, like Armageddon for the first time together and then we hit Moteurs Action. We were really excited to see Lightning McQueen, although his part was short it was very fun. I couldn't resist another toffee apple...

We then hit Animaqique, followed by Cinemagique followed by the parade and then Art of Disney Animation, which Amy really enjoyed and she has now developed a soft spot for Mushu who was great!

Anyway, the Parade was fun. We didn't watch the show last time we visited, so it was fun to see it this time.

We loved the Cars ride last time we visited at Christmas 2010. However, we were not prepared to wait 40 minutes to go on it. It appeared that only half of the ride was working, and I recon that would reduce the fun level anyway..

Luigi looked as good as always though..

After saying goodbye to the studios (and Mike Wasowski)...

...for the last time, we headed back to the hotel for a bit of a break and to pack ready for our departure the next day.

We grabbed a McDonalds to take back to the hotel with us.

We had two hours out of the park, and returned at 5pm.

We decided to grab some pictures from around the park and headed to..

and then as it was getting dark at about 7pm we watched Treat in the Street with the illuminated back drop which looked absolutely sensastional!!

Just before close we raided the shops as it was our last major opportunity to buy souveneirs.

We had seen that Duffy had took over the shops overnight..

Anyway, we thought Annete's would be a great place for Dinner but we couldn't be more wrong. The queue for the sit down meal was unbelievable so we decided a take out would be good. We were sixth in the queue and after 30 minutes of waiting we gave up. They had served two people in that whole time, and the service was dreadful. All of the other restaurants were packed by now too, so we went to bed hungry that night which was not great.

Day 4 soon!

Last day in the parks :0(
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart