Apple Co-Founder, Disney Stockholder Steven Jobs Dies

Started by AmericanMouse, October 06, 2011, 07:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Steven Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computers and majority stockholder of The Walt Dsiney Company, lost his battle with pancreatic cancer Wednesday (10/5/11) atthe age of 56.  The story from mydesert.com:

//http://www.mydesert.com/article/20111005/NEWS01/111005021/Steve-Jobs-remembered-among-greatest-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFrontpage

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

It was so sad waking up to read about his passing - a true visionary and such a positive spirit.

His speeches alone were a thing of beauty, never mind the products they were promoting.

Of course he was also one of the men behind Pixar's growth, a company that as much of an impact on the film industry as Apple did on the world of technology.

The world has lost a great man, I hope he's resting in peace.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

CafeFantasia

I actually heard about it last night, on my iPhone. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well :-(

-breeno-

I heard the news this morning as soon as I got up, although I knew he will ill I'm still shocked.

Eddison, Teslar, Babbage, Gutenberg, Baird, Franklin, Ford.  Jobs is a name that is easily akin to all of these great inventors.  There's no doubt about it, the man was a genius.  He was a real visionary and inspired so many people around the world - myself definitely included.  The world will be a sadder place without him and he will be missed.

RIP Steve, thank you for everything.

"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

CafeFantasia

The crazy thing is, the first ever iPod came out in October 2001. So the majority of the World-changing things that we know Steve Jobs for, he did within the space of 10 years! He was seriously productive.

I think Apple are going to be much slower, and make far less radical moves, without him. I'm confident that they'll be able to maintain the products that they've already got, but I think they'll have a lot of trouble launching new ones. The iPad was Steve's last gift to the World.

never2old

It's been a few days now and I still can't believe he's dead. I was so upset when I found out, I was up at night feeding by baby girl when I saw it (in my iPhone of course). It took me ages to go back to sleep.

At home we're big Apple fans, we have so many of their products I loose track! And of course, Pixar... Few people have directly impacted my life as much as Steve Jobs did.

We knew this day was coming, since he stepped down in August and those pictures of him looking so thin and ill came out, but I think we were still hoping for a miracle recovery...

Rest in peace, Steve, and thank you for everything.

-breeno-

Just finished watching this video, Jobs giving a speech to graduates in 2005 (you've probably already seen it, it's doing the rounds).

[youtube:cqmg8ywr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc[/youtube:cqmg8ywr]

Really inspiring vid I have to say, this sums up exactly what I had so much respect for Steve.  He really was a genius and inspiration to me for a long time.

Stay hungry.  Stay foolish.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Pete's Dragon

When so called celebrities pass away I honestly couldnt care less. Someone who is famous for being famous or someone who throws their life away , I feel totally indifferent.

Steve Jobs does not fall into this category. I am not an Apple fan. But it is impossible to deny the impact this man has had on Every Single Person in this world. Whether first hand through his technology or investment in Pixar.

A true Visionary. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs.