January 2004 Releases

Started by Anthony, January 11, 2004, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The confirmed Pin Trading releases for January 2004 are as follows:

17th January 2004

Pin: Train Collector: Chip & Dale (Pin #4)
Event:Casey Jr. Train Collection
SKU: 2-094010-04012
Edition Quantity: LE x900 Individually Numbered
Price: € 10.50

24th January 2004

Pin: Happy Birthday To You (with Mickey)
Event: Happy Birthday (Rack Pin)
SKU: 2-094010-04013
Edition Quantity: Open Edition
Price: € 8.50

There's only two confirmed pins, but luckily there was also the Mystery Hades pin released on Friday, so the month isn't as empty as you might have thought at first.  :wink:

What do you think of the pins?  Which ones do you like? Which do you hate? Which do you think could have been improved?  Please discuss anything you want about the pins released this month! :ears:

experiment627

I really like the idea of this "Pin-train" - unfortunately, I have none of these pins...

Usually, I prefer attraction-pins, but I also have some character one...

I'd wish DLP produced some more character&attraction stuff. (You know, like the really cool Disney-MGM RnR-pin with Mickey riding in one of those limos.)

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"I really like the idea of this "Pin-train" - unfortunately, I have none of these pins...
I'm finding it very hard to get them aswell.  On eBay people are charging from €24.00 upwards for The Little Mermaid and Chip & Dale, and from about €24 to €50 for the Lilo & Stitch one!!!  Luckily i managed to get Casey Jr. which i really like because of course it features in Disneyland Park.  To be honest as much as i like Stitch i wish they would stop using him so much because the pins he features on are just not available on eBay for a reasonable price!  The bad news is that he will be on the Printemps 2004 pin...  :evil:  :evil:

The Casey Jr. Train is a great idea though, and i hope they create things like this in the future, though perhaps not as long!  Just a few pins (about 3?)  that connect together for Disneyland Railroad or Studio Tram Tour would be great!

QuoteUsually, I prefer attraction-pins, but I also have some character one...

I'd wish DLP produced some more character&attraction stuff. (You know, like the really cool Disney-MGM RnR-pin with Mickey riding in one of those limos.)
Yeah, they should make more attraction pins and pins actually related to things in DLRP.  The last ones they made were the Walt Disney Studios attraction pins which were released in June!  They should have nicer pins for the attractions featuring characters as you suggested.  Where is a proper Phantom Manor pin?  Pirates of the Caribbean? It's A Small World? Peter Pan's Flight?  All these just feature the attraction logo and are actually very dull compared to other pins they have now.  I would love them to make those attraction poster pins like they have in DLR and WDW.  They are so beautiful!  I would love the have the Spce Mountain, BTM, Le Visionarium, etc. posters in pin form!  I hope the DLRP Pin Team are reading this...  :wink:

experiment627

Well, actually I think that, for example, the Phantom Manor pin as basic as it is, is absolutely wonderful (with the nice "frame" around it ... beautiful).

But maybe the generic character stuff is just selling better...?

Anthony

Yes, i do quite like the Phantom Manor and other attraction pins. (the ones with the Disneyland Paris logo though, the newer ones just look strange with a big blank space!)  :roll:

I would still love to see a pin that actually shows Phantom Manor though, or a pin series featuring pirates from POTC with the POTC logo on them.  Basically i quite like the pins that are already there but i wish they'd make more of them and (more importantly) more varied ones!

You are probably right that the generic character pins sell better overall.  I think the attraction pins probably sell better to first time guests or guests who are only buying a few pins as souvenirs but this wouldn't be enough to beat the character pins... (Now that i think about it, buying a few attraction pins as a souvenir is how i started Pin Trading!  :o )