Peter Pan (DVD)

Started by Anthony, October 05, 2006, 07:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Peter Pan is finally getting a proper 2-disc release!!  About time, too!

Quote from: "UltimateDisney.com"Expect "Never Land secrets", all-new games, deleted scenes, an all-new digital restoration, a Dolby 5.1 Enhanced Home Theater Mix, and, of course, much more.

penfold12

Is the platinum edition the American name, or European?

Nala_84

Platinum or not, we'll surely never get a great Disney DVD Special Edition again here in Germany :(  :evil: I'm really so disappointed and angry about the German Buena Vista Company! Ariel won't be in the original translation and we never had a Pocahontas Special Edition...  :cry:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"Is the platinum edition the American name, or European?
It's the US name.  In Europe they always seem to just be "Special Edition".  Platinum isn't a great name, but at least it separates these top Disney films from the rest easier.

Anthony

Details for the UK release:

Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Peter Pan (Special Edition) for 5th February 2007. Walt Disney and J.M. Barrie's timeless tale of the boy who never grew up has been fully restored and now comes packed with a treasure trove of exclusive bonus features on this two-disc special edition release that will be available for a limited period only before it returns to the Disney vaults.

Disc 1:

* Audio Commentary – With Animation Historian John Canemaker
    * Sneak Peek of the all-new movie Tinker Bell
    * Peter's Playful Prank: Story Book – Animated Storybook
    * Disney Song Selection
    * New Music Video: "Second Star To The Right" (TBC)
    * Sneak Peeks

Disc 2:

* Camp Neverland – 'Train to be a lost boy' Interactive games including:
          o Smee's Sudoku Challenge – Interactive
          o T-"argh"-et Practice – Interactive game with three different levels of difficulty
          o Tink's Fantasy Flight – Interactive game
    * Backstage Disney - Behind the scenes features that allow the viewer to explore the inner workings of how Peter Pan was conceptualized and created including:
          o The Walt Disney Christmas Show (1951)
          o The Peter Pan Story (1952 Featurette)
          o "You Can Fly: The Making of Peter Pan"
          o Tinker Bell: A Fairy's Tale
          o Reconstruction Of An Alternate Opening for " Peter Pan"
          o "Neverland" lyrics with music by Richard Sherman
          o In Walt's Words: "Why I Made Peter Pan"
          o Deleted Song – "Pirate Song"

Source & cover art: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63472

Dlrpfan

wow i cant wait till the bonus disc
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Raci

Quote from: "Baloo"Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Peter Pan (Special Edition) for 5th February 2007.
Do you know how accurate they are at sticking to there dates?

Only this is my daughters favourite film and her birthday is at the begining of March a week before we go to DLP so it would be a great present for her.

Patrick

They always stick to the dates they publish.  Well this sounds great, I'm looking forward to finally bidding fairwell to my run so many times it really is about to die on me vhs :lol: .  Seems like they finally realised people want this great classic.  Though I'm rather scared of the Second Star to the Right music video, could this be another wonderful cover from the wonders of jump5 or play :lol: .  
Also I really love how they are including so many historic features lately, the Christmas special with Walt Disney will definately be great to see:).

Raci

Thanks for letting me know!
I'll definatly be looking out for this one!

Raci

I just checked play.com to see if it was available yet and they're now giving a release date of 12 March  :(
This is too late for my daughters birthday. Does anyone know if anywhere else will have it before the 12th?
Thanks for your help.