what do you think will be the next disney musical?

Started by suzie, December 04, 2006, 06:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzie

After the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, what do you think will be the next disney musical production?  I'm hoping for Pocahontas

(btw, I hope it's ok I open this topic here)
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Patrick

Well the Little Mermaid is currently being made into a Disney musical production on Broadway, so that answers your question :lol: .  I would really love the Hunchback of Notre Dame to be made into a musical though, it would be the perfect thing for a musical since around every 5 minutes there's another song.

penfold12

The Hunchback has already been in production by Disney Theatrical, it ran in Germany for 4 years. I saw it, it was fantastic. I never understood why it wasnt moved to the west end or broadway. The official reason was that the company felt it was too "dark" to carry the Disney name.

I have read that they are at present in pre production on a broad way production of Finding Nemo, using some of the tunes for the current show in Animal Kingdom

DisneyBud

I thought 'Finding Nemo' was eventually going to end up on Broadway aswell?

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "DisneyBud"I thought 'Finding Nemo' was eventually going to end up on Broadway aswell?

yea me too due to the new broadway styled show at DAK
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

Well, hopefully they will stop making more Disney musicals for a few years because I don't want an overkill. After The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Tarzan and now rumours about The Little Mermaid, Alladin and Finding Nemo... I think its a bit too much. Lets wait a couple of years to preserve the magic.  :wink:

I would like to see either Mulan by the way.

Anthony

The Nightmare Before Christmas could be incredible, but I suppose they're worried how it would do between January and September.

I agree with Maarten.  Instead of overloading Broadway with musicals, they should pick other locations.  IMO Mary Poppins should have stayed exclusive to London.  I think seeing it in NY wouldn't be as good as seeing it in London itself.  When I saw it in July there were lots of Americans there too.  Disney could turn theatre districts into mini destinations, the same way they've done with Anaheim, Orlando, Marne la VallĂ©e...

Anthony

I just read The Little Mermaid will be replacing Beauty & the Beast which I didn't know before, so at least Disney are keeping a cap on the amount of musicals they're running there.

Quote from: "Animated-News.com"Beauty fades as Mermaid arrives

The Courier-Journal writes that the successful Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast will close July 29, in preparation for the stage version of The Little Mermaid. Word has yet to arrive on what famous faces might star in Beauty for its last six months, although Tom Schumacher, president of Disney Theatrical, commented, "There might be a few surprises before the end." As for Mermaid on Broadway, the musical will open December 6 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, with preview performances beginning November 3.

Soap

Tarzan is now coming to the Netherlands and i can't wait  :lol:
The music by Phil Collins is one of the best writen ever for a musical/anime (by my humble opnion that is ;) )
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney