Disney Princess Designer Collection

Started by Vegitabeta, September 09, 2011, 12:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegitabeta

I came across these the other day on an American Disney site, but did not know that they were available here in the U.K!

//http://www.disneystore.co.uk/toys/dolls/mn/1000255+1000997/

They are rather nice, but a bit pricey.  A couple of them don't quite look like the Princess they are meant to be, but overall I think they've done a nice job.  The eyelashes are rather long too!

What does everyone think?

ElyonTink

Hi!! :)
I'm so glad that a topic about this collection has been started! So i found out about this collection just before the D23 expo!

Quote from the Disney Store.com blog:
"Inspired by the fashion illustrations of the 1950's and 1960's that showed when fashion was all about glamour, Disney Store is excited to announce an elegant new collection carefully crafted by Disney artists to capture the magic and style of the classic Disney Princesses.   Although these versions of the princesses are retro-inspired, they still have a modern edge.  The idea behind the Disney Princess Designer Collection was to re-imagine the princesses in a way we've never done before, by giving them a high fashion edge while still capturing each princess's classically unique look."
Here is the concept artwork! ;)

So the first doll Cinderella went on sale Aug 22nd in the states as well as other merchandise and so i was looking on the Disney store uk website and saw the Cinderella doll for sale! :D  I was so surprised because i didn't know that we'd get them over here!!
I have to say i really like the doll collection, the concept artwork especially because there different but I think they still stayed true to the original princesses.  They've just been so beautifully designed and created they don't look cheap at all and the detailing on their faces and dresses is exquisite.  

I am proud to say i have Ariel!!  :D  She is absolutely beautiful! i hadn't seen her before expect for in pictures and a lot of people have said the pictures do not do them justice they are better in person! And i think she is definitely worth the price! I also think that the eyelashes on Ariel look really dramatic and I like them!
Here's a picture of my Ariel! ;)

My advice is if you want to buy one or are not sure all the dolls are on display in the London Disney store (i was told by my local disney store castmember) and you can buy them in that store too i'm told. A different princess is realised every monday online and in the London store! ;)

ElyonTink :tink:
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disneyland Paris- Aug 2008
Disneyland Resort- July 2009
Disney World- July 2010
Disneyland Paris- Dec 2010
Disneyland Paris- July 2011
DisneyLand Paris- Newport Bay Club- June 2012!!
DisneyLand Resort- Oct 2012 for Halloween!!

"Fly Safely!"- Tinkerbell

mattboywonder

Whatever will they think of next!!  I do like the retro chic look tho
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Vegitabeta

That's some good info, I like that someone has one already so can give an honest opinion.  I'm nowhere near London sadly so if I got one it would be online.  I like the Jasmine one, but also I think that the Pocahontas one is rather unusual.  

Shall have to ask Santa!

ElyonTink

Thanks! :) Also the next princess to be realised tomorrow is Mulan!

mattboywonder- i know but i really like the princesses! and yeah i love the style of them too! ;)

Vegitabeta- Are you planning on getting any? there are a few reviews on youtube about the first 3 and forums over the net talking about the collection too! I don't live near London either but i'd really like to see them in person and to see if they have any of the other merchandise that the states have. I really like Pocahontas but i chose my fav Ariel as to me she's the most different of the collection! ;)
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disney World- July 2010

Arielle

ElyonTink

Your Ariel looks amazing how did you took her out of the box? I am afraid of opening mine. Thanks for posting

ElyonTink

Quote from: "Arielle"ElyonTink

Your Ariel looks amazing how did you took her out of the box? I am afraid of opening mine. Thanks for posting

:D Thank you Arielle! I was so happy and very lucky to get her! You got an Ariel too? My Ariel's number is 7561!

I wouldn't worry about opening her, I took off all the plastic and only made a small tear in the cardboard back and this was due to one of the slits were the plastic is tucked.

It was tricky opening her because I was trying to be so careful! So I first took the case off, it comes out of the gold, patterned base and hold onto the top and the base and pull; you have to pull on each corner in turn and lift it off! You can take the case off again too and it comes off easier once you've done it once! ;)  After admiring her :D  I then decided I wanted to get rid of the plastic holding her pose so the tricky part I cut the plastic off whilst trying to not rip the cardboard and by keeping her hair out of the way! I just had to be careful and took my time!

I keep her on the stand in her case! :)

Hope this helps you out!

Also to anyone else collecting these dolls Disney.com are revaluating there website in regards to the last 5 dolls because Snow White sold out in under an hour and the site crashed a couple of times and they oversold. So they are delaying the realise of the next doll so this will definitley effect Disney.co.uk too. So there won't be a new doll next monday.
Just in case anyone was planning to buy next monday! ;)
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disney World- July 2010

Arielle

Quote from: "ElyonTink"

:D Thank you Arielle! I was so happy and very lucky to get her! You got an Ariel too? My Ariel's number is 7561!

I wouldn't worry about opening her, I took off all the plastic and only made a small tear in the cardboard back and this was due to one of the slits were the plastic is tucked.

It was tricky opening her because I was trying to be so careful! So I first took the case off, it comes out of the gold, patterned base and hold onto the top and the base and pull; you have to pull on each corner in turn and lift it off! You can take the case off again too and it comes off easier once you've done it once! ;)  After admiring her :D  I then decided I wanted to get rid of the plastic holding her pose so the tricky part I cut the plastic off whilst trying to not rip the cardboard and by keeping her hair out of the way! I just had to be careful and took my time!

Hope this helps you out!

Also to anyone else collecting these dolls Disney.com are revaluating there website in regards to the last 5 dolls because Snow White sold out in under an hour and the site crashed a couple of times and they oversold. So they are delaying the realise of the next doll so this will definitley effect Disney.co.uk too. So there won't be a new doll next monday.

Thank you for your kindness ElyonTink I really love the pose that you put your Ariel. That pose you put her is the same as the art! I love it.

About What happened with Snow white...let me tell you all many people are disappointing because some error happened on the page and the dolls where oversold. Disney corporation are truly sorry about this I recommend to all to stay tune to http://blog.disneystore.com on Friday because they will make a special announcement. The release of the next doll is delayed I am not sure if a doll will be released this Monday

ElyonTink

Quote from: "Arielle"
Quote from: "ElyonTink"

Hope this helps you out!

Thank you for your kindness ElyonTink I really love the pose that you put your Ariel. That pose you put her is the same as the art! I love it.

About What happened with Snow white...let me tell you all many people are disappointing because some error happened on the page and the dolls where oversold. Disney corporation are truly sorry about this I recommend to all to stay tune to http://blog.disneystore.com on Friday because they will make a special announcement. The release of the next doll is delayed I am not sure if a doll will be released this Monday

:D Thankyou so much Arielle that's very kind of you to say! and yes that's the pose i was going for! i have changed her slightly since then! :)

Yes that's exactly what i was trying to say! thanks! :P

Incase anyone's interested here's a list of the LE sizes for each doll and the order that they were realised:
Cinderella- LE 8000
Ariel- LE 8000
Belle- LE 8000
Mulan- LE 6000
Snow White- LE 6000
the rest of the dolls LE sizes and order of there realise are rumors at the moment! ;)
Jasmine- LE 6000?
Rapunzel- LE 6000?
Tiana- LE 4000?
Aurora- LE 4000 has been confirmed, as a couple of people accidently got sent her instead of Mulan! :o  
Pocahontas- LE 4000?

Hope that this will be the correct order!
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disney World- July 2010

Arielle

I hope you are correct Elyontink because I want Jasmine :D  there has been many many rumors that the next one is Tiana. But Tiana is LE 4000  why is she going before Jasmine that is 6000 LE? So that's why I also think Jasmine should go first.  Everyone please stay tune on Friday I hope they announce something good.

ElyonTink

I hope so too, it makes more sense for Jasmine to go first! ;)  good luck with getting her! are you ordering her online?

Yep i'll be checking tomorrow to see what they announce! i've been reading around and many collectors and people that actually want the dolls would like a limit of 1 doll per customer and i agree with them! it makes it fairer for everyone and they might not sell out so quick especially for the dolls with the LE size 4000. ;) Hoping for some good news!
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disney World- July 2010

Vegitabeta

I just went on to have a look and there are no dolls coming up at all, where have they gone?

ElyonTink

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"I just went on to have a look and there are no dolls coming up at all, where have they gone?

Hi! they have completly sold out on the Disney.com.

For the Disney.co.uk. they have sold out too. Last week Mulan sold out in under 3 days and Ariel sold out too about the same time as Mulan, although she was realised on the 29th August. Snow White sold out in less than 6 hours on monday but she did appear again yesterday on the website but has now gone. Today i looked and Cinderella and Belle had sold out, they were still availiable yesterday.

If you are collecting all the dolls or a specific one i would really advise you to buy them on the day they are realised! They go on sale in the UK around 9:00am (this could change depending on what they announce tomorrow.) ;)

I think the main reason is to why they are selling out quicker is that the LE sizes are smaller, the last 5 dolls will be LE 6000 or LE 4000 and to the fact that alot of people in the states miss out on getting them as they sell out even quicker over there and so look to the UK site to purchase their doll/s.

I would hate for anyone over here to miss out on the dolls they want. Good Luck! :)

Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disney World- July 2010

Vegitabeta

Ah I get it now!  I was fancying the Jasmine one but I don't have the funds really!  I'll see what I can do though, thanks for the info.

ElyonTink

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"Ah I get it now!  I was fancying the Jasmine one but I don't have the funds really!  I'll see what I can do though, thanks for the info.

You're welcome! :)

If you're not sure on Jasmine i'd say go for her, especially if she's your fav princess! :thumbs:  when they're sold out the cheapest you'll probably find one for on eBay will be around $100+ so suddenly £50 doesn't sound so much! If you want to look at it that way. ;)

They have posted this on the Disney store.co.uk http://www.disneystore.co.uk/toys/dolls ... 5+1000997/.

Still waiting for the official announcement which should be out today.
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disney World- July 2010