Euro Disneyland Model Shop (1988)

Started by CafeFantasia, July 25, 2011, 06:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Former Imagineer Eddie Sotto recently posted a previously unseen video of the Euro Disneyland model shop. The video was shot in 1988 in California, and features the large models created for some of the parks most popular attractions, including Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom Manor. Tim Delaney appears at the end, looking over his white Discoveryland model.

http://gallery.me.com/boss_angeles#100347

Josh

Wow! I was really surprised to see Discovery Mountain. That was a great video!

What did Eddie Sotto work on, back then?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

Oh, not a lot really. Only Main Street, U.S.A. ;-)

Anthony

Incredible video! Just incredible.

Imagine if footage like this was worked into a "Waking Sleeping Beauty"-style documentary about the design and opening of Euro Disney...

CafeFantasia

Speaking of "Waking Sleeping Beauty", I'd really like to see that documentary. How did you see it Anthony? I know it's available on Amazon.co.uk from third-party sellers, but it's Region 1 only, which I can't play.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"Speaking of "Waking Sleeping Beauty", I'd really like to see that documentary. How did you see it Anthony? I know it's available on Amazon.co.uk from third-party sellers, but it's Region 1 only, which I can't play.

I've ordered it on the US Amazon and the DVD works fine with my Philips Blu Ray Player and my LG DVD Player, but it doesn't work on my PS 3.

It's a must see documentary and very interesting.

CafeFantasia

Is your Philips Blu-ray Player one that's been modified to play all regions? I assumed that Blu-ray Players were locked to a certain region (i.e. Region 2) just like DVD Players.

Grandmath

Quote from: "Alan"Speaking of "Waking Sleeping Beauty", I'd really like to see that documentary. How did you see it Anthony? I know it's available on Amazon.co.uk from third-party sellers, but it's Region 1 only, which I can't play.

The region 2 Blu-Ray is coming out soon on www.fnac.com (and in french/belgian FNAC shops only). You can order it here ;)