Our magical 2nd trip

Started by meathjen, September 16, 2011, 11:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathjen

So we're just home and it was as amazing, so many memories flying around my head and I can't relax even though I'm exhausted (6 day trip); but every ache & pain is worth it & nothing a nights sleep won't solve.

Day 1SO to start, last Sunday Sept 11th we rose bright & early for a 9am flight direct from Dub to CDG. All went off without a hitch, however once we hit CDG we'd a 45min wait in the queue for our TGV tickets. But we were quickly underway & before we knew it we'd arrived in Marne le Valley. We'd booked Disney Express & what a great idea this was, bags gone, tickets got & we had arrived!

Once through those main gates & onto Main Street USA the magic hit us, our excitment was palpable. 1st stop - DD's fav from our 1st trip Dumbo. After a horrid 45mins wait  we were up in the air & felt our trip really began. We took in the teacups & small small world before making our way over to Pirates. This was closed in March when we 1st went & having read so much about it I was really eager to try it out. The queue was short though & after 20mins we were on. Well WOWSERS we loved it and as a result we were on it at least twice every single day (except Wed when we went on it 4 times in a row nearly cause it was empty). So out we came & holy god the heavens had opened, I was nearly asking for a boat from the ride cause all the water was flowing downhill & we were walking against it - so you can imagine the state of us. We had picked up a buggy for DD when we arrived but it was soaked. We got some ponchos and they helped but in a space of 5mins every inch of clothing was stuck to us - including shoes! We made the decision to take ourselves back to hotel & wait it out & then go back later.

We had booked Sequioa Lodge & was pleasently surprised by it. Having read about scaffolding & refurb works I was weary what we'd face but it was fine. All major pressence of works was gone with the expcection of some fix it up crew about but it never infringed on our stay. Check in was quick & smooth & we got our room on the 1st floor. The room was lovely & very spacious. 2 large double beds, flat screen tv & bathroom. Ok the sink was outside and toilet & bath/shower was inside - bit odd but didn't really matter tbh. Air Con was fully working & lots of pillows & towels in place (i always need to ask for extra of both haha). Room was SPOTLESS and very nicely decorated. Plain cream walls with a bambi themed boarder in unintrustive colours. Very calm and relaxing.

So we settled in, got changed and headed back out. The grey clouds & rain were gone & the sky started to turn a lovely pink colour - a good indication that a fine day was ahead for Monday. It was lovely to take in the park in the almost dusk and with such a short walk from hotel it looked (if weather held up) that the week ahead of us was going to be fab!

Day 2
Up with the larks & brekkie gotten we hit the parks for EMH. We started in FL & worked our way around all the rides, some twice! Going midweek is definitly the way forward for us, it was so nice to have very few people around & not too long a wait on rides etc. Just before midday we took ourselves off to the castle stage for disney dance parade. To be honest I found it beyond a joke. They rode a train with characters through main st down to stage & then danced & paraded about, however they then took kids from audience which was fine, but it just wasn't organised very well and could do with some fine tuning I found. Either way DD enjoyed dancing with all her favs etc.
After a quick stop for lunch (au chalet de la marionnette, wasn't bad cheap & cheerful) we started queuing for Rapunzel. She is DD's FAVOURITE EVER and she was soooo excited. More so when Flynn walked down the queue to stop for pics/autographs she couldn't believe she met them both.
After this we hit our favs in  adventureland & frontierland before making our way back to MS for the parade. I was very excited to see this as it has changed since our March visit. It did live up to expectations but I was disappointed not to see Rapunzel on the float with the other princesses :(

Monday evening we went to The Rainforest Cafe for dinner. It was really nice. Service was great & food equally good & good quality too. Not so expensive either!

Trip 1 March 2011 Santa Fe
Trip 2 Sept 2011 Sequoia Lodge

jackieann

looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.  Cant wait till we go got just over 3 weeks staying 4 nights and just booked for xmas to for 2 nights.
X

meathjen

Day 3

The weather was looking better & a day in studio's called. We both wanted to do ToT which we never tried last time & also OH never tried Crush so they were top of the list.
We spent the day tagging with DD & character chasing. I like the way the characters are much more plentiful in studios although I did have to get agressive with various parents pushing their kids forward; there is plenty of time for everyone there really is no need for some people to be so rude  :evil:

At lunctime we got a perfect place & catched the Stars in Cars Parade.

That afternoon DD was starting to lag, the early mornings & busy days had started to catch up on her & the heat isn't something she's used to either so we headed back to the hotel & took advantage of the facilities. She went the pool with OH & I took a run around the lake a couple of times. We then freshened up & headed back to the park. We went on the railroad (closed in March) and then the 7pm centre stage preformance.

That night we ate in Hunters Grill in the hotel. It's a buffet, €28 per adult & €12 for a child 3-11. There was loads of choices, cold salads, meats & cheeses, bread, soup & hot food. Garlic potates, chips, lasagne, beef stew, duck, roast turkey, salmon, cod & a pasta choice with sauce. However if you are veggie good luck, you'd have nothing hot. The only thing would be plain pasta or spuds!

Day 4

So onto Wednesday & Paris was calling. I won't go on but basically a 1 day rer/metro ticket & a map is all you need. We had a fab time and will certainly be returning again.

Day 5

Thursday was our last full day & we planned to make the most of it. We spent the entire day on all our fav rides & catching every parade/show that was possible, it was a very full on day by the end of which we were fit to drop.
That night we headed into Val de Europa to meet some friends who were staying in hotel l'eysee. We also ate up there & couldn't believe the price difference in food. Certainly anyone on a tight budget should consider eating up here as it's mega cheap.

Day 6

So our final day  :( we were so disappointed to be leaving, we'd had a great trip but thankfully we weren't leaving till 3pm so we'd a good few hrs left to spend in the park. We did all DD's favs & she bought a pirate hat & sword - her new fav toys. We seen the prettiest pirate costume but unfortunatly it only started in size 8 & it was miles to big for her.

We ate in Annettes Diner before leaving & as per my previous experience it was delish.

So trip no 2 over. I'm having probs with camera but will upload photos later on. It was a great trip & DD changed so much since her 1st trip. This time it was all about the thrills of rides etc. The 1st time she was afraid of Peter Pan/Snow White ride as they are quite dark but this time she relished in the darkness of them. And she told me she can't wait to be taller to go on the fast rides with OH & me.

I'm not sure when we'll return, right now we've a heap of other things on for next yr so it may well be over a yr before we return to DLP however all going well we may try to hit Florida in Jan 2013  :D  :D  :D

Trip 1 March 2011 Santa Fe
Trip 2 Sept 2011 Sequoia Lodge

kiki_304

Great trip report.

Sounds like you had a grand time.  Looking forward to your pics. :D

And I know what you mean about vegetarians and SL.  We stayed there and ate the once and didn't go back as the choice was very poor.