The Future of Disneyland Paris

Started by dagobert, June 09, 2011, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "SM:M3"In fact it probably has one of the most detailed stories of any theme park entrance world wide.

I think that Eddie Sotto or Steve Kirk might have something to say about that...

I don't contest the theme or the general feel of the area, but the way that it's handled. My point is that I'd prefer an immersive area that is deconstructed only after the first impact; it would probably make for a more compelling experience.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Ole Vidar

I would realy like to se Splash Mountain beeing made at MK.
This is a brilliant ride, and speek to anyone young and old.
You know if you look closely as you enter Main Street, there is actualy a poster of Splash Mountain on one of the walls???
But the ride dosent exist in the park??
And there are truly a good spot for building the atraction in Critter Coral(Frontierland).
I know there where a plan for building it at some point, but because of the whether condisions in Paris the atraction was never made!
But now it is 2011 people, and surely the imagineers could find a way to solve the problem with the weather.
I truly hope that this atraction will be made some time in the future, Mk needs it!

davewasbaloo

While I would welcome it, I am cynical it will ever happen. The weather is a convenient issue (though they get around this in Tokyo), but I think more to the point, it is the cost that is off putting. If it were a replica of the others, it is more expensive than ToT or PotC. But yes, I would love it to come across, more than any addition since ToT.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Alain Littaye has posted a good article about the Indiana Jones Adventure and why it will not come to DLRP in the near future. Maintenance is just too expensive for ED SCA.

So I also think that Splash Mt. would be a perfect choice, maybe they can alter the story to fit better into Frontierland, except they create a Critter Country.

I think copies of existing attractions are the best way for DLRP at the moment, because research and development have already been done and that reduces the cost. Ratatouille is basically a copy of TDL's Winnie Pooh.

davewasbaloo

WEll Indy is in a bad state in California compared to when it opened, and Splash is in terrible condition in WDW. I could only imagine what both would be like in Paris.

Ole Vidar

I know that this atraction is a wery big investment for the park, but beside that I would say that this is the best dark ride that is ever beeing made at WDW. The park is now turning 20 years old, and MK needs a new and great ride in its tribute!
Why not the best ride insted of cheap rides like the once in Toy Story Playland!
I realy think this ride will pay off over tim!
And could anyone tell me what is happening at Critter Country today? On the DLP website it says its closed for future enjoyment! But its been closed for over a year, why is that?

dagobert

Quote from: "Ole Vidar"And could anyone tell me what is happening at Critter Country today? On the DLP website it says its closed for future enjoyment! But its been closed for over a year, why is that?

Do you mean Critter Corral, because there is no Critter Country in Disneyland Paris?

Ole Vidar

Yes i ment Critter Corral :thumbs:

dagobert

I don't know what they are doing, but I hope they get rid of the Toy Story meet and greet. It really doesn't fit there. Disney should put them into TSPL and not into Frontierland.

davewasbaloo

Yep, Tarzan is running this year, Critter Coral is dead (of course, you can pay to see those characters at Cowboy Cookout BBQ). Hope something for the future, but none of my sources have indicated anything. as far as I am aware, the prospect was killed 5 years ago.

spicy

What I don't understand is if DLP is to recieve a 500 million euro investment then why do they still require the banks to lend to them in order to finance the construction of Ratatouille?

If you don't know what I mean its at the bottom of this article..

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/05/16/oh- ... /#comments

dagobert

Quote from: "spicy"What I don't understand is if DLP is to recieve a 500 million euro investment then why do they still require the banks to lend to them in order to finance the construction of Ratatouille?

If you don't know what I mean its at the bottom of this article..

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/05/16/oh- ... /#comments

Since ED SCA is nearly €3 billion in debts, the banks want to make sure that the money isn't wasted. If ED SCA has €500 mio to invest, it can also be used for paying back the debts.

I've read in the newspaper that French banks are heavily involved in Greece. Now I wonder if that will have any influence on ED SCA, since the banks need to secure their money elsewhere.

Patrick89

Quote from: "dagobert"I don't know what they are doing, but I hope they get rid of the Toy Story meet and greet. It really doesn't fit there. Disney should put them into TSPL and not into Frontierland.

That's true. How I loved the quiet environment with all the animals - a perfect contrast to the crowded Thunder Mesa. But a wonderful atmosphere does not animate children to buy merchandise. So betray your old ideals and include Disney characters and toons wherever you can.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

dagobert

Quote from: "Patrick89"
Quote from: "dagobert"I don't know what they are doing, but I hope they get rid of the Toy Story meet and greet. It really doesn't fit there. Disney should put them into TSPL and not into Frontierland.

That's true. How I loved the quiet environment with all the animals - a perfect contrast to the crowded Thunder Mesa. But a wonderful atmosphere does not animate children to buy merchandise. So betray your old ideals and include Disney characters and toons wherever you can.

Unfortunately that's the future of Disney Parks.

davewasbaloo

Yep, the Disney I knew and loved that worked for perfect theme experience in it's first 40 years at least, is now dead. It is toons, synergy and getting away with cheaping out now.