im going this weekend!!

Started by dazzer, November 21, 2006, 06:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazzer

hi all my first post here! im going this weekend friday tho to monday, any ideas what the crowds are like? and the weather?
ive never been to the dlrp before im a wdw'er but thought wed give it ago this year!
is it busy?
should i buy a ap ticket is it worth it?? thought the top level one looked good value with all the discounts you get with it?
so many questions so little time!

Samninetysix

We bought AP Dream passes in July 2006 (179€ each) and so far this year we've easily saved more than the cost of one of the passes. for each annual Dream pass, we got a 20% voucher for shopping and a 20% voucher for meals - rest of the year u get 10% and lots of other stuff (there are 3 of us tho so we got the 20% collectively 3 times). We booked into Newport Bay Club for christmas and got 10% discount across the board for that (we paid £977 for 4 nights in NBC and the Tinkerbell dinner on xmas day, so add 10% to that)

thebatman_1

Saturday and Sunday are extremely busy, but week days the park is near empty. On a 90 minute lunch break we had lunch and then went on Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and Indiana Jones as well as catching the Parade. Does help though with access backstage. Last two days the weather as sucked, absolutely poured it down. It's cold and damp. Will report back on tomorrow and thursdays weather for you later in the week.

dazzer

only in the park for the weekend?! so its goining to be busy.......ih no
ps any idea what blue lagoon restaurant is like?

thebatman_1

well the weather wasnt as bad today, though quite cold, didnt rain though.
Blue Lagoon as an excellent restuarant, I think it is the best visually. Though you don't get characters there its alot more peaceful. You should defo go there. The character eat and meat etc restuarants are...Cafe Mickey which is in Disney Village, Plaza Gardens, Lucky Nuggets.

shell_ely

hi i just got back from disney went thursday and got back sun thur and fri were great no que at all but the weekend was very busy hour wait for the big rides so plan what you want to do the most i did find that sat night at 7pm when fantilusion was on it was better to get on the rides in fronterland .