Previous topic - Next topic

mdw

hi, this will be my 1st trip report so bare with me  :D

me- michelle 25
partner- steve 25
daughter- keira just turned 4
daughter- georgia, will be 2 at the end of july

DAY ONE

Up at 4am to pack the car (steve worked til 11pm the night before). Woke steve up and then carried the girls straight from their beds to the car seats and off we went 4:30am. We arrived at the eurotunnel at 6:30am, boarded 7ish, train departed 7:20am, arrived in Calais 8:50 french time. The girls started to wake up so gave them some pancakes and some bits to nibble on, set up Princess and the Frog on the DVD player and set off for Paris. We arrived at the Davy Crockett Ranch at 11:40am. Stopped once for petrol. Steve checked in as I gave the girls lunch and changed them into minnie dresses ready for the magic!

Parked up at disney 12:45pm and decided to go into the studios to see the Stars n Cars parade. Straight into the shop to buy a princess autograph book and pen for Keira and a Toy story version for Georgia. We took a slow walk round to the parade and waited right at the front. The girls were glued to the parade, mouths wide open with amazement! Georgia constantly shouting 'Mickey mummy, look minnie, hiya mickey minnie'. Keira was speechless! As soon as the parade finished we had our 1st magic moment!!!!!- Ariel walked straight upto the girls, signed their books and spoke to them. Keira couldnt believe it! I had tears in my eyes looking at their faces, couldnt believe our luck.

We then went back to the entrance to meet minnie. Georgia was too scared to actually meet her but keira loved it. Georgia loved characters from a distance but was only keen on getting up close to face characters. We then took some pics with Mike and Bo's door from Monsters inc. Queued to meet Mickey (10mins), another magical moment, Keira ran upto him and he picked her up and span her round- huge lump in my throat! Georgia waited with daddy and waved to mickey.

Georgia is a huge Buzz fan so we made our way to TSPL and took her pic with giant buzz and joined the queue for Slinky Dog (15/20mins). This was Georgias first ever ride and she loved it. Took some pics with Rex and bought Georgia a Buzz soft toy from the shop. Keira took one look at Parachute Drop and said 'I think thats a ride for when im 5 mummy'.

We then went round to Restaurant Des Stars and had an early dinner. It was empty so we filled our plates, met the man himself and left 5ish. Checked the next English show for Stitch and playhouse disney but it was an hr wait so decided to queue for magic carpets, again small queue and the girls loved moving the carpet up and down. Decided to have a quick look in the shops before leaving the Studios to collect our key ready to put the girls to bed. We bought Keira a pink princess had with a tiara and minnie ears on. We had a two bed premium cabin and it was fantastic, clean and plenty big enough for us four. The girls room had three single beds in and ours had an ensuite with a brilliant power shower. They were asleep buy 7pm so that we could get up for EMH.

End of Day 1. will continue tomorrow night. How do I upload pics? am I writing too much detail?

dagobert

Thanks for your trip report. No you are not writing too much details.

If you want to post pictures you need a photo sharing account, like http://photobucket.com/. Then you have to upload your pictures to that account. From there you have to copy the IMG Code and paste it into the Editor of the forum.

I hope that helps and I can't wait for the rest of your trip report.

mdw

ok thanx im will create an account. Forgot to mention we bought a two photos of keira with mickey and minnie for 30 euros. A bit expensive, but well worth it.

DAY TWO

up at 7:15am ate cereal (which we took with us) i got the girls dressed into princessess dresses whilst Steve collected the breakfast for 7:30. He returned with:

1 large baguette
4 crossiants
4 rolls
3 cartons of fresh orange
1 carton of milk (for georgia under 2)
1 large carton of milk
a box containing butter, jam, choc spread, tea, sugar, coffee, hot choc

we drank the cartons and ate the crossiants, steve put the girls in the car whilst I made rolls ready for lunch in the park. Left Davy crockett 8am to the parks, 1st day at disneyland park. Got tingles when we saw the castle, both girls said 'wooooooooooooooow', took a few pics infront of the castle. As we walked through the castle keira said 'shhhhh be quiet daddy sleeping beauty is probably still asleep'. We joined the dumbo queue (10mins), then had 2 goes on peter pan. Looked at the princess meet n greet area which already had a queue at 10:40 so decided to join in and have a snack whilst waited. Keira was extremly excited dressed as Belle wondering who it would be and out came Aurora her favourite! they both ran up all excited, beaming smiles as Aurora spoke to them. I was really impressed with the amount of time the princesses spent with each child, their faces were priceless.

We then went on 'its small world' looked in a few shops, bought 'tangled' and 'princess and the frog' figure sets.  We got fast passes for buzz and then headed to watch the 'dance express'. The girls loved it, we got out and joined in with the dancing twice but found it really hard to regain our space on the curb where we were stood. Keira was infront of goofy in the conga and she held his hand!!

We then found a bench to eat our rolls and packets of crisps and biscuits we took into the park. Bought a drink, candy floss and popcorn. Was then time to ride buzz! keira loved it but i was told to put georgia on the seat but she could barely see over the top so I decided to ditch the guns and just spin around lol, georgia was giggling all the way round. Spent a bit of time in the shop buying magnets and bits and then layed georgia down in ther buggy for her to have sleep. We took a slow walk round Discoveryland and headed over to Aladins meet n greet. According to the schedule he should have been there 3pm but we waited til 3:20 and still no show so we had a quick play in pocohontus' play area and then headed to 'Plaza gardens' for dinner. I had lasagne, coleslaw, rice and chips and it was lovely. They had yoghurts and fruit which i thought was good for the kids. Buffets were perfect because we managed to eat quite a lot and only take 45mins max out of the day. We then went into a couple of shops, we bought a huge globe with castle on, and got it sent back to the davy crockett. We bought a buzz and angel spinning light up toy for the girls and then waited opposite bella notte for the parade to start. The music came home and the girls jumped up and started dancing! Thought the parade was brilliant but im not too sure on the show stops. Keira was upset she wasnt chosen and a few children ran to join in and were stopped by CM and sent back to their parents. We then headed to the exit and managed to watch the parade again just before the end of the route, few more shops then off to davy crockett. As soon as we got into our cabin we put the girls in their pjs and georgia took herself off to bed straight away! Keira played with the new figures for a while and then went off to bed. Steve collected the globe 8pm from the davy crockett shop, fantastic service, we wouldnt have been able to carry it round the park!  It felt like we didnt get much done day 2 because we spent a lot of the time exploring shops and working out our way around the park.

mdw

ulak

Nice report and very cute photos!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Sal

Thank you for a great tripreport. I enjoyed reading it. Fantastic pictures - You've got 2 very beautyfull girls.  :D
Sal
September 2010 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
June 2011 DLP Hotel New York
July 2012 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
September 2013 Hotel New York

mdw

DAY 3

Up early, breakfast, made rolls at in the car park by 8am! Straight into fantasyland did tea cups twice, dumbo twice and peterpan 4 times! peter pan was keiras favourite and dumbo was georgias! we then started the queue for the princesses. It got to 9:50 and keira said she need to the toilet so we left daddy and georgia at the front of the princess queue and ran to the toilets by bella notte. On the way round we saw a crowd of people and went over to see what the fuss was about and it was Cinderella and her mice! I didnt have the autographs books so we waited hoping to get picture. Loads of pushy parents and rude children so I asked the CM if keira could have a picture with her when it was her turn. He said ive watched you wait nicely so you will be next. He then held Keiras hand and took her straight upto cinderella and she bent dwon to talk to her. He then moved the crowd back as I took a picture with the three of them! It paid off to be patient. We then ran to loo and got back to the queue just in time. It was Snow white, georgias favourite! She was lovely and got a brilliant picture- I will scan them in.

Then headed to 'its a small world', then casey junior 15min wait and staright onto storybook boat ride- the kids loved both. We then layed Georgia down for a sleep in the buggy and went for a walk, then steve and keira played in alice and wonderland maze. I told keira it was an hr to go until she met Rapunzel and she said 'can we see if I can buy a rapunzel dress with my bday money' so went into the shop by sword and the stone and asked if they had any. The CM said 'they have literally just arrived, your daughter will probably need a 6, I will radio through'. Two minutes someone appeared with the gorgeous dress, she tried it on and bought it for 60 euros!!! The minnie mouse dresses in earlier pics were bought for them from family who came back from florida. The Belle, Aurora and Snow white dresses I bought second hand from ebay, so this was the first dress to cost an arm and a leg!! It was 1:00pm so we were going to find somewhere to eat but we saw the Rapunzel queue and decided to join. She wasnt due to come til 1:45 and the queue was already huge. We sat down in the queue and ate our lunch. After only 15mins of queuing everybody was getting cameras and autograph books ready but we couldnt see what was going on. Then we realise it was Flyn Rider making his way down the queue which i thought was brilliant! It passed the time and he spent a good 5minutes talking to keira about the film and her dress. Georgia woke up just in time and rapunzel was fantastic! she spoke to keira about her dress and she had a photo with keira and then spent time with georgia and put her on her lap. Every1 else we met treated them as a pair and barely spoke to georgia but rapunzel was brilliant.

We then headed to the studios to watch Stitch and Playhouse disney. Keira kept giggling throughout stitch and georgia loved playhouse disney. She standing up dancing and shouting 'LOOK MICKEY HIYA MICKEY!' everytime he disappeared she constantly said 'wheres mickey mummy where mickey, he sleep, wake mickey wake' lol. Thought it was really well done, especially sitting on the floor, every1 could see and no pushing. We then looked round a few shops and our picture taken in a green room where they put different pictures on a background for. We chose the castle one! Will put pics up soon, just need to use dads scanner. We then went to Annettes diner, Keira had the kids hotdog meal, I had Rock n roll burger and steve had a plain burger i think. We both had a side order of coleslaw and georgia was given a bowl of chips because we had half board vouchers and shered keiras hot dog. For pudding I had a tea, steve had brownies and keira had ice cream with smarties which she shared with georgia. We looked round a few shops then headed to the car.

forgot to mention we saw chip and dale on our walk!

mdw

DAY 4  :(

we packed the car the night before, so grabbed the last few bits, breaki, made lunch and off we went to EMH. Arrived at park for 8:15am, last pics, peter pan 5 times, dumbo twice, tea cups and then queued up for the princesses for the last time. It was Tiana and she was fantastic, spoke to the girls indiviually and gave them each a kiss and a cuddle. Then onto 'its a small world'. We went for a walk through adventureland and frontierland. Saw 'the rhythm of the jungle', woodys roundup and then went on the train around the park. We said goodbye to the castle  :( and we went to the photograph shop to buy official pics of the girls with princesses. Will post them tomorrow.

We then headed towards the village, had a mcdonalds and looked round the shops. We bought georgia a minnie mouse buggy and a baby minnie. Some pens for keiras teachers for when she leaves pre-school. Rapunzel globe for mum (a collecter). Xmas baubles for my nan, magnets for family, 2 x purple hoodies for the girls, steve a rain jacket, i got a hoody! A sleeping beauty castle for the girls. I was a bit disappointed with the variety in the shops. Was mainly stitch stuff or princess dresses and pretty much the same things in every shop.

left the car park at 3:30pm  :(  got the eurtunnel 6pm french time. 35min crossing, arrived home in Southampton 8:30pm.

We had a fantastic time and are hoping to return in two years with my parents! Steve hadnt seen any pics or video prior to leaving and he said he was really impressed. We went to florida before we had the girls and he was expecting it to be rubbish in comparison but was pleasantly surprised. It was perfect for our family, 4 days was just enough, the girls are still recovering, they are knackered.  I would like to say a huuuuge thank you to everyone on this forum. A friend of mine went before us and saw hardly anything because she didnt do any research. Your advice was brilliant, made our holiday magical!!! we did as much as the kids could handle, will do more in two years time when they are a bit older. Thanks again guys!!!!

Michelle x

mdw

Alicegwen

Georgoeus pics! Your children are lovely!
But I have One question.........
I was ther ein March and there the Castle was still under construction..
On your picture it looks liek you cant go through it?? And whats about taniere du dragon??
What did they done with the entrance?

MrsPirate

It sounds like you had an amazing time and your girls are so cute.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

mdw

thank you!

the castle was open and you could go through it and downstairs to see the dragon. The back of the inside of the castle was still under construction and so was the back of the outside of the castle.

mdw

Aurora1

Great trip report, Thank you a lot!!!
You do have cute kids, they seemed to have enjoyes them selfs!
Did you do the family picture in one of the photo stores?
Aurora1

Disneydavid

Quote from: "mdw"
Great TR!

Is that car included with a menu or free to get? Becouse I had a car like that once with a MCDonald happy meal and I really loved the shape of the box :D!(it was a flubbercar)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!