PHOTO HEAVY! Very late WDW Trip Report!! September 2010

Started by Lozzie, May 12, 2011, 10:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for a lovely report so far - it seems like you two had a wonderful time!

Great pictures and I really like your idea with the book, I love to draw Disney characters too (long time since latest drawing though) - would love to see more of the book :)

Looking forward to more
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Lozzie

Thanks so very much Forza! I''ve decided to take photos of the book and attach them on this thread so you can see them :)

Some of them arent finished full yet though.

"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Lozzie

May aswell carry on with the report seeing as i've not got much else to do now all the housework is done  :thumbs:

This day we headed back to Animal Kingdom for some thrills and character stalking

queuing up for Expedition Everest

Handsome fella!

After a couple of rides on that it was time for some characters!

I hadnt drawn Meeko in my book, but i got a pic with him anyway

Someone had asked to see the book so i turned it to show them

Sadly Miss Bunny was away doing her make up so she couldnt sign her half of the picture.

This time i got them both to sign the book. We were with them for ages, as they were fighting over the book and acting daft. I felt bad cos a woman who was next in line after us was huffing and puffing cos she wanted her kid to meet them. To be fair i had waited for 15 mins to meet them and i couldnt help them fighting between each other lol.

As we headed onwards we saw that Miss DeVine had come out to play

Later that afternoon we had reservations for the T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney

Luke waiting in desperation for his steak. We were sat next to the flame grilling bar where you could see and smell the meat being cooked on really tall flames!

It arrived!! and was well worth it

Every 30 mins they had a "meteor attack" the place would turn slightly darker and the ceiling would light up with meteors shooting across. The animatronic dinosaurs would all go crazy..roaring and screeching REALLY loud. Its not a restaurant you can have a conversation in, its extremely loud and lively.

After that we decided to head over to DHS as they were open later with the EMH.

Luke loved this phone box cos it reminded him of the one in Bill and Ted

It was starting to get dark and everything was SHINEY

The next day was MK time!

I dont know why

Time for Pinocchio to sign his drawing

I called him Roderick

They were adorable!!

How many times did i go on this ride? about 50 million

Splash mountain is an amazing ride!! I hope the rumours are true about them putting it in DLP. Altho i hope you dont get as wet as you do in the WDW version cos everyone will catch pnemonia XD

Woody and Jessie were hanging round so we decided to queue up

They were filming something for Christmas because on that set they had christmas trees set up around them

Can you tell this was the day of scenery photo taking?

Ha! you all should know where this is!

I enjoyed being driven around (its usually me doing all the driving normally)

Roadrage face

After that we decided to watch the parade again and there was a cute pre parade band on in frontierland entertaining the crowd

And then the main street philharmonic came by

After the parade we went around to Adventureland

awwwww

Coming up next...THE LAST DAY!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Didnt want it to end :(
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

dagobert

Thanks for another wonderful update. Your pictures are great, especially the ones of the Halloween Party.

Can't wait for the last day.

junglebaggie

Superb photos and report and I just love the book that you did with all the gorgeous drawings of the characters!!  I haven't been to WDW for 18 years although I've been to DLP about 12 times now but it doesn't have the sunshine.  Look forward to reading your last report and photos!!  Sheila

kiki_304

Fab pics and report.

You are absolutely crazy and I love it. lol      Looks like you had a great anniversary.;

Lozzie

Thankyou so much guys! Im so glad you are all reading and enjoying it! I was so worried no one would bother cos i dont post on here a lot, im more of a lurker hehehe.

And Kiki- We have to be crazy to love Disney this much right?? "Normal" people dont get us hehe

Okay onto the last day! BOOOOOO!!!

We had breakfast booked with the Princesses in Epcot, so we got up early and decided to go on a few rides on our way up as we had time to spare.

I just love the surface of the spaceship earth sphere. Its fascinating.

This time we remembered to pull sillier faces!

Then we made our way around to the World Showcase

It was so quiet as technically it was still closed, but open for people who had the breakfast bookings

Here we are!! i was sooo excited!

Again it was an all you can eat buffet, the food was lovely. Very continental.

Now..i did get photos with princesses, but i HATED them cos we had to use the flash and it made me look terrible. So i refuse to post them up...anywhere! But i met Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora and we had a professional photo with Belle before we went in..which was free! its currently framed on top of the fireplace.

Outside the restaurant, the viking theme was lovely.

The wannabe viking again!

Then round to China where i met Mulan! She was sooo beautiful!!

This was so exciting for me! I was desperate to meet Marie...as soon as i found out she was in WDW i got her drawing in my book as quick as i could!!!

Then we stopped for slushie...thingies cos it was soooo warm

and i decided to take a sexy photo XD

Then Luke got an ice cream headache!! OH NOOOOES!

I shouldnt be allowed a camera when i have nothing to do for a few minutes

After we left Epcot we decided to spend the rest of the day at the MK.

Last minute photo taking FTW

OH HI IM HIDING CAN YOU SPOT ME??

It was REALLY hot that day...hottest it had been on our whole trip.

Parade time again!!

It was so cute, cos Goofy hugged me and wouldnt let me go..it was so cute!!!

Snow <3

I adore the fairy godmothers face on this one!

The rest of the day we spent going on our favourite rides over and over and over and taking more random photos!

The Halloween cups!

I dont care what anyone says, i LOVE this Stich experience!

tee hee heee..couldnt resist! There was a show a few times a day on the castle stage. It was amazing cos Mickey and Minnie, etc's eyes blinked and their mouths moved as they spoke!

I love these posters, not only cos they are gorgeous, but they remind me of DLP aswell.

Stunning piece of art at the side of a shop down main street

Starting to get dark now, and we waited for the fireworks

Was quite impressed my camera managed this!

After the fireworks we decided to stick around for the electric light parade. Wanted to get as much done as possible before the night was over

stunning model

so sorry, some of these are real blurred

Those were the best ones that came out from the ELP lol.

So after that we headed back to the hotel *sad face*

The next morning, on the coach to the airport.

and then Luke fell asleep, dreaming of Mickey Mouse

So thats it! My trip report! I hope you all enjoyed it! And i look forward to making more. Its my first one, and even though i have millions and billions of photos from DLP from over the years i wont bore you with them haha.

Thanks for having me and im gonna try and post more on the forums xx

davewasbaloo

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a blast. Though it sounds like we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on our Disney tastes - lol. Please do post more though. Great work on the book!

and thank you for making me miss the MSEP even more. I grew up with it at Disneyland, and then loved it when it came to Paris. Fantillusion is just poor in comparison IMHO (then again, I do not like show stops in any parade).
since 2001 (many before that)

Lozzie

Thanks Dave! Im glad you enjoyed it! Im sorry our tastes in Disney differ, i shall try harder next time hehe!

I know what you meant about the MSEP though. I also grew up with it at DLP..i've been going there every year since i was 9 years old and it was always one of my favourite parades and i was so happy to see it at WDW, the Tinkerbell float at the start was new, but it was a welcome addition in my opinion :D

I have only seen Fantillusion once, was a bit meh about it. Although i really did love the Maleficents dragon float.