20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MV4LUGuEnvI

Bit hashed together... bits of World of Colour... bits of Memories.... lots of nice shots of the park though.
This is only a teaser though.  :D

davewasbaloo

Oh, now that was lovely, really brought back the feelings I have yearned for a long time, thank you!

Ok, I am a sad case, I have watched that 5 times now  :thumbs: , and it is really lovely. There is a focus on attractions and shows as well as the characters, love the tink 20 at the end. And am freaked out at the thought that I have now been working for 22 years already (took on my first job 2 years before DLP opened so I could save up to be there).

I really hope the celebrations are as good as this promo real make them look  [-o<
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Is this an official video?

However it looks great and I got goosebumps because of the music. Very well done.

BadKid

That's a really good video! But I wonder why they used the WDW castle in some parts of the video... Still, it's a good video!
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

davewasbaloo

Because that is where the technology is in use already (just like they showed the World of Color footage at Disney's California Adventure too).
since 2001 (many before that)

peter

That's lovely. Could maybe use some more adults, but love tue emphasis on attractions

BadKid

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Because that is where the technology is in use already (just like they showed the World of Color footage at Disney's California Adventure too).

Oh right  :)
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

BadKid

Just found this, I think it's the brochure for next year.

(dedicatedtodlp)
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Josh

Yes, it's been posted before in this thread. :)

By the way, I'm guessing the new projection technology was added because it gives clearer imagery than the current projectors? Or does it capable of more?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

BadKid

Quote from: "Meph"Yes, it's been posted before in this thread. :)

By the way, I'm guessing the new projection technology was added because it gives clearer imagery than the current projectors? Or does it capable of more?

Oh has it? I didn't realise sorry.
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

wishuponastar

Quote from: "Meph"By the way, I'm guessing the new projection technology was added because it gives clearer imagery than the current projectors? Or does it capable of more?

I'm guessing it's to do with both. Currently the projectors sit under the stage, so if you wanted high quality projections like in world of color or Magic, Memories & You, you need better placement & tech

Andrea

Hi! I'm a big fan of Disneyland Resort Paris and this forum. I'm wrinting from Italy, so i'm sorry for my not-so-good English. Could someone know the exact day of the offical opening od 20th aniverary celebrations? I would like to enjoy it and the official opening of Dreams too! I don't know if they will be around 1st o 12th April ...

BadKid

Quote from: "Andrea"Hi! I'm a big fan of Disneyland Resort Paris and this forum. I'm wrinting from Italy, so i'm sorry for my not-so-good English. Could someone know the exact day of the offical opening od 20th aniverary celebrations? I would like to enjoy it and the official opening of Dreams too! I don't know if they will be around 1st o 12th April ...

Hello!
And I believe the official opening of the 20th anniversary might be 12th April 2012 :)
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

The celebrations start on April 1st, though the actual 20th Anniversary is April 12th.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Andrea

Thank you! The clebration of the 15 years were on 31st march (i hope to remember the right date). I really hope to be able to enjoy the 20th's celebration!!!!