20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

This is our official magicforum discussion topic for the 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris, launching 1st April 2012! The celebration will bring new events and entertainments for the parks, including a major new nighttime spectacular in Disneyland Park and a new reworking of the popular daytime parade.

We have separate topics for specific elements of the anniversary:

• Disney Dreams!
    The brand new, must-see nighttime spectacular to end every day at Disneyland Park!
  • Meet Mickey Mouse
    An all-new, permanent, "backstage" place to encounter Mickey Mouse himself! Opens May.

• 12th April 2012
    Share your experiences and discuss the big day itself - exactly 20 years since the park opened.

Please use this topic for all general 20th Anniversary news and discussion, from branding to brochures, decorations to promotions, and everything in between!

[hr:31q0rhrz][/hr:31q0rhrz]
Original post follows:

The official topic for DLRP's 20th anniversary in 2012!

Today, the first logo's were revealed on Disney Central Plaza!

©Disney
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

Thanks for the logos. I have to admit that I like the first one, although I would have preferred the castle to be a little bit bigger.

davewasbaloo

Funny, I showed my wife and she said it looked like the 15th (though that was cool). But the gold writing and tinkerbell on top like the castle. Lol. I said, it could be worse, there could be loads of characters!!!  I quite like it I think.
since 2001 (many before that)

ford prefect

I rather like the! Love the Tinkerbell one with the swirls underneath.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

pussinboots

I don't get it. What's it trying to tell me? Most Disney anniversary logos tie into the year's theme. This is utterly bland. It also doesn't really work graphically speaking, as the 3D, heavily-detailed Tinkerbell becomes a fudgey green smear when, say, printed in the corner of a newsletter. Helvetica was designed to be cold and neutral, so is a very odd choice for this.

JelleP

What do we actually already know about what's going to happen during 2012?
- Opening WoD Store in the Disney Village
- Jack Sparrow AA's in PotC
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Josh

I wasn't expecting we'd see this so early! I love it!

There's a few flags on the roofs of the castle. I wonder if that's what we'll be seeing for the latest augmentation of the castle. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

lilfencer09

I like it! Its simple but very bold.
Febuary 2004 - Day vist
July 2005 - Day Vist
June/July 2010 -  Santa Fe Hotel.
September 2011 - Hotel New York - Best mates 21st Birthday trip.

18th - 21st June 2012 - New Port Bay Club - Admerials Floor, Lakeside view - My 21st Birthday Trip

traveller

Goodmorning.
Sorry people, but I dont like it and I admit that I was looking forward to 20th aniv. logo.  
I only like the second one, a little bit.
The first one is too much/heavy for me:  no 20 (so bold and I am starting to get bored with this yellow-gold colour), circles, fireworks, Tinkerbell, the castle with a hart on a top, dark-blu sky and stars   :roll:  
It makes my eyes tired, if you know what I mean.
I feel that there is no inspiration here. Only many artistic thinks together.
15th logo had something.
Previous Visits:
March 1990 Disneyland Anaheim (one day visit)
May 1995 Disneyland Paris (one day visit)
June 2007 Hotel Cheyenne
August 2008 Sequoia Lodge
December 2009 Hotel New York
December 2010 Newport Bay Club

DGRavenswood

I'm also underwhelmed... DLP marketing seems to have a thing for Helvetica and other sans serif types these days, but those really don't got too well with the product they're trying to sell. It's a bit like an iPad logo using blackletter...

I'd have preferred if they had at least created a new vector castle graphic rather than reuse that so-so illustration from the 15th anniversary logo.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Vegitabeta

The castle should have had more prominence.

pussinboots

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"I'd have preferred if they had at least created a new vector castle graphic rather than reuse that so-so illustration from the 15th anniversary logo.

Ah, I thought it looked familiar, and that was the one bit I kind of liked. The "15th" emblem was where the odd blue rooftop is, and that's why the artist failed to put in any detail in that particular area...

They've been a little bit lazy this time around.

ulak

Quote from: "JelleP"What do we actually already know about what's going to happen during 2012?
- Opening WoD Store in the Disney Village
- Jack Sparrow AA's in PotC

- new Sleeping Beauty Castle in the Sky (big thing in brochures)
- new paving (photolocation)
- new part of Adventureland - Captain Hook Ship

Just a little jokes  ;)  - but DLP can make this things like a BIG NEW ATRACTION for 20th Annniversary (you know that...)  ;)  :D  :twisted:
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Columbiad

The colours look very cold to me.It looks almost Christmassy. Even the gold seems washed out.  I'd have thought with the more contemporary theme years gone by the'd have used this chance to go a bt more classic.

It could be worse. :)

Lorum

I love it! At last! They did exactly what they had to do.

I don't know about you but I'm waiting expectantly for this anniversary to begin. I'm praying that everything turns out all right, because I don't want they to create ridiculous shows like the last one in Central Plaza or the misnamed "Fantasmic!" that Tokyo has recently opened.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"