Jack Sparrow to join Pirates of the Caribbean? (Rumour)

Started by dagobert, May 07, 2011, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick89

Quote from: "claire2281"I think it adds re-ride value to change things up every now and again and, for myself, I like seeing new things and being surprised. And, as I said, those anamatronics are brilliant. I'd very much like to see them over here.

The movies don't need any promoting - they're a billion dollar franchise in their own right. Frankly, I think people would be more likely to wonder why these popular characters don't feature in the ride. Many visitors don't seem to be overly aware of the 'story' of the ride beyond the very basics anyway so I don't think it makes a massive difference.

If they were going to rip out the whole thing and replace it with a ride-through of the film, I'd find that a massive pity. As it is, adding a touch of the franchise into the ride seems like a best of both worlds to me.

Well, the AA might be great, but in contrast to your opinion, I like attractions being maintained as they were if there isn't the necessity to change something. I like seeing new things, too, but not in the areas I learned to love in the conditions they were in the past. Alterations always destroy something of the original atmosphere (at least in my opinion). For me, refurbs would have been all I wanted in Disneyland Park - For new rides, they should have used the Studios only.
I maybe would have accepted a replacement of old AA by new ones, if they were just updated versions of the ones we see for 20 years now, but I have to admit that I don't see the necessity for any change...

Concerning the story: I think it's true that the majority does not know about the background story, neither in PotC, nor in Phantom Manor or BTM. But, at least for me, when I discovered them after years, I was so fascinated that rides without any story (like those in TSPL) might be nice for some seconds of an adrenalin kick, but all in all they cannot compete against rides like those mentioned above. Thus, I think it does make a massive difference for all the people knowing about the stories. With every replacement or "update", the fascination of DLP vanishes a little bit more for me, and I think I'm not the only one thinking like that.

PotC was my favourite ride, and now it is polluted with characters of stupid movies. I can hardly accept that...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

DisneyTom

For the hardcore fan, who knows nearly every detail about a ride, it may be disturbing to see Jack Sparrow joining POTC. But like someone stated before, it's not that the whole ride will be changed. Plus it may draw more/new interest in POTC. I'm not too excited about this, but I can't find a reason why I shouldn't ride it anymore. POTC will stay one of my absolute favourites and it'll be interesting for me to see how they fit in Jack Sparrow! If they would leave everything like it is over decades, people would complain that it's outdated. So, a little update, upgrade, addition here and there is not a bad thing.
Disneyland Anaheim, Walt Disney World Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studio Park Paris

paterdave2

Well people lets all get our funaral clothes out and put them on the next time we ride this great ride.
A lot of the praises here to ad the caracters are true but you all forget one big thing.
This park is in France people so I know for sertain that jack and the gang will all speak french.
I really don't think a french speaking Jhonny Depp is a good adition to this ride.

How manny of us went nuts when they changed the whole soundtrack of PM to frensh.
And now the same people are screaming joy  that there will be an american actor speakig french in this great ride.

Let's just keep it the way it is.

The movie is based on the ride and not vice versa . New guests will think that the ride is based on the movies because of the new AA and that is not how it should be.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

DisneyTom

Where's the problem? The park is located in France, so french is the major language in the park. Have you ever been to Tokyo? Same there. Some parts in english, most in the local language. That's ok for me. Have to admit that it felt strange when I first visited DLP about 16 years ago, only knowing the US parks. But that feeling didn't last long. Have to accept the location. Still enjoy the rides, even w/o speaking french (or japanese;o)).
Disneyland Anaheim, Walt Disney World Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studio Park Paris

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "DisneyTom"Where's the problem? The park is located in France, so french is the major language in the park. Have you ever been to Tokyo? Same there. Some parts in english, most in the local language. That's ok for me. Have to admit that it felt strange when I first visited DLP about 16 years ago, only knowing the US parks. But that feeling didn't last long. Have to accept the location. Still enjoy the rides, even w/o speaking french (or japanese;o)).

They got the great Vincent Price to do the whole spiel for Phantom Manor. He did an amazing job with his distinctive voice and tons and tons of horror film experience. Sadly he died shortly after. It is more than a shame that they replaced it with the cheap "spooky voice" French version.

paterdave2

Quote from: "DisneyTom"Where's the problem? The park is located in France, so french is the major language in the park. Have you ever been to Tokyo? Same there. Some parts in english, most in the local language. That's ok for me. Have to admit that it felt strange when I first visited DLP about 16 years ago, only knowing the US parks. But that feeling didn't last long. Have to accept the location. Still enjoy the rides, even w/o speaking french (or japanese;o)).

I know that the park is in France so I also understand that the major language is French.
Tha doesn't mean that they have to use the (mostly bad chosen) french actor who is the voice dub for Jhonny Depp.
Have you ever watched a movie in French and in English WOW big diffrence The voices just don't match with the caracters.
Yes I know that disney voices must be as best to the original as possible but in a case like jhonny depp they always use the same voice actor to keep a actor as much the same as possible.
I don't like that they want to add the caracters of the movie but understand it. I just hate the idea that they will be speaking french. Also I hoped that they would at least keep 1 of the rides in it most original state as possible(I know that the rides ar diffrent)
I must agree with a lot of others here that the ride as it is now is the best. you know what they say.
Don't fix it if it ain't broken.
And like Nicolai said they had this great voice fot the phantom manor and because some french people didn't pay attention at school they changed it to a cheap version in french.
And we all know why the PM is called that way here in France ...............
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

gingajen

As Johnny Depp lives on the Ile de re, I am sure he would be more than capable of doing his speaking parts in French. Thus keeping the cast original and keeping the French visitors happy :)
However, i'm still against the proposal full stop really.

coruscantpt

Well aparently Jack Sparrow will not be coming to DLP. At Disneycentralplaza they are saying that the refurb schedule for 3 months is now scaled back to 2 weeks. So it looks like everything will stay as it is for POTC
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Lozzie

This reminded me of the last time i was at DLP, in the short queue for PotC and listening to two teenage girls in front of me exciting and giggling that they couldnt wait to see Jack in the ride. I wont lie, they were severely disappointed on the way out XD

Im not bothered either way tbh. The Jack animatronics dont spoil the one at Florida, the main one is right at the end of the ride and its nice to look at him when the boats are waiting in the line to get back to the dock to exit.
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

CafeFantasia

I'm actually disappointed that Disneyland Paris aren't going ahead with the Jack Sparrow upgrade. While I think the US parks went a bit too far, and a bit too movie-centric, I don't think it would do the ride any harm to enhance the lighting effects (switch to LEDs), improve the volume and clarity of the audio, and add just one Jack Sparrow figure. Also, I think the Davy Jones fog screen effect would've been a really nice addition.

Oh well.

Perhaps they decided the money would be better spent on Star Tours 2: The Adventures Continue and an accompanying outdoor stage for the Jedi Training Academy and Star Wars Weekends :-)

Josh

I still wouldn't have minded if we had a cameo of Jack and maybe some of the other characters. I'm fine with the fact that the ride is staying as it is, though.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

pussinboots

I know it's sacrilege, but I too say too bad. It's a fantastic ride, but it really could do with a technological upgrade. And since they'll never cough up the budget to give, say, the Redhead a new, state-of-the-art Animatronic undergarment, this was basically the one chance at a real upgrade.

Ah well, I'll be happy if they fix the fireflies.

littlemermaid83

I'm so glad this isn't happening, as much as I love Jack I wanted our POTC to stay unique.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I'm all for keeping the ride as close to the original as possible and I've always been against the inclusion of Jack. However, I would look to see some upgrades and on the effects, but without the marketing value of adding Jack that'll never happen.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Patrick89

Great news, i`m so happy about the fact that Jack Sparrow wont be included that I just don't know what to say. It`s so amazing that the ride will not be polluted by those stupid movie characters!!  :D/  =D>
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!