Jack Sparrow to join Pirates of the Caribbean? (Rumour)

Started by dagobert, May 07, 2011, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadKid

Is this a rumour or is it really gonna happen?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Josh

It's been cancelled, now (or at least postponed).
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

BadKid

Quote from: "Meph"It's been cancelled, now (or at least postponed).

Aw, that's a let down :(
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

*TIMMIE*

According to the mostly well informed disneyandmore blog it is on track. Only not for early 20th anniversary, but late 20th anniversary so it will be in the next fiscal year.

Patrick89

Damn it, I hoped it would be cancelled forever  :(
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Reiana

Oh no. Not again this, yes-no, no-yes, maybe next year, maybe later thing. :roll:  :x
I tought Jack was gone for good. [-o<

Scissorsboi

I'm interested to see how many people who are anti Jack joining have ridden the American versions with him in?

Having ridden the Magic Kingdom version, I can honestly say that he doesn't impact the ride as much as I think people are worried that he does. On the 'Imagineering The Magic' DVD there is a segment where they talk about the addition, and they say that they were aware of the ride's history and didn't want to take the story away from people who grew up with the ride first, but a new generation of children grew up with the movie first and wanted to see the characters they knew.

His storyline in the attraction is almost just a faint trail that works next to the original storyline, kind of an 'Easter Egg' for film fans to spot. The actual animatronics don't stick out all that much, and the final Jack in the treasure room definately has a nice parting 'wow' factor to it. I know the argument from a lot of people is that Paris Pirates it is an original and improved version of the attraction already, but Walt did say that Disneyland would always grow, and if adding 3 new figures to Pirates is part of that growth then I honestly don't think it will destroy the ride/resort for me.

I understand why people wouldn't want this version altered, a lot of work went into it's re-design for Paris and we should cherish it. But ultimately if adding a few small alterations to the attraction and being able to pull people in (because I'm certain people will travel for Jack), gets the Resort more money, we're closer to getting whole new attractions like Ratatouille!

Basically, if it happens it happens, and if it doesn't it doesn't.. I'm not overly bothered either way, both version work for me!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Columbiad

I completely agree with you, Scissorboi. Thats exactly how I feel about the addition, and you put it splendidly.

DGRavenswood

I've been on the rides in DL and WDW and I sure hope we won't get the same. Not so much for the Jack Sparrow animatronics themselves but for a few of the other additions (mostly the waterfall projection and the movie soundtrack samples) which just don't fit their surroundings.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Patrick89

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"I've been on the rides in DL and WDW and I sure hope we won't get the same. Not so much for the Jack Sparrow animatronics themselves but for a few of the other additions (mostly the waterfall projection and the movie soundtrack samples) which just don't fit their surroundings.

That's true. Especially the changing soundtrack would be really distressing...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

davewasbaloo

Agreed. I too have ridden in California and WDW. I felt it ruined the original, especially because of the sound track and the focus on finding Jack. It enhanced the WDW version because frankly, it was a rubbish version to begin with.

One hidden Jack, could make it ok (like the one in the barrel), but overall, I hated the additions at DL.
since 2001 (many before that)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Changing the music would be a terrible idea. I also don't like the idea of riding in a boat with people talking about finding Jack the whole way round - don't know if this happens on the updated versions in the US?
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

davewasbaloo

Yes, and more to the point, the AA's all talk about Jack too - the Captain on the Pirate ship, the interregation of the Mayor etc. It really makes the story line much more linear and I think detracts. Just like all the Disney characters they added to It's a Small World in California too.
since 2001 (many before that)

Josh

The characters from the films would be great "easier eggs" in the attraction, but that's about it. I'd hate it if the soundtrack was mostly changed. You can never beat the build-up created by the instrumental to the "Yo Ho, Yo Ho" theme on the lift hill.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

MissDisneyisMagical

I wouldn't want the tune to change I love it too much I wouldn't mind a few additions of jack but not hide and seek style as I love the original ride its one of my favorites
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="