Disneyland Park refurbishments

Started by dagobert, May 02, 2011, 01:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I didn't want to start two new topics for Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost refurb and the Old Mill. I thought it would be better to create a general DLP refurbishment thread. But feel free to change or divide the topic!

Disney Gazette has posted pictures about the Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost:

The wings of the Old Mill have disappeared:

Pictures taken from Disney Gazette:
<!-- m -->http://www.disneygazette.fr/rehabilitat ... s-505.html<!-- m -->

Magicforum's partner site Dlp.info has also posted an article about the refurbs:
<!-- m -->http://www.dlp.info/News/2011/04/more-rehabs-now/<!-- m -->

JelleP

So, what's getting refurbished at the moment?
- Sleeping Beauty Castle;
- Big Thunder Mountain;
- The Old Mill;
- Fantasyland pavement;
- Colonel Hati's Pizza Outpost;
- Rainforest Café(?);
- Disney's Sequoia Lodge Hotel;
- Newport Bay Club's lighthouse;
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

davewasbaloo

Don't forget Pinocchio and the Nautilus as well.
since 2001 (many before that)

peter

i have a question, why did they stop running the old mill ride?

davewasbaloo

I am not sure of the official reason, but what I do know is it was extremely slow loading with poor views.
since 2001 (many before that)

15MagicalYears

All of these refurbs have got me so excited, I kind of regret booking up for this year now. It would have been much better holding off and seeing a 'good-as-new' park all at once for the 20th.

aliscrapper

Does anyone know if the Snow White ride is or will be having any more refurbishment?? They were doing some refurbishments to it last September when I went to DLP and I'm desperately hoping it will be open this September when we return to DLP??

Patrick

The resort seems quite like construction land Paris, it's all very exciting, so glad to see finally all of these refurbs taking place.  Just makes you wonder what the opinion of the general visitor must be.  But brilliant to see Colonial Hathis finally getting that much needed work, no longer will it have moss growing on the roof  :D .

Josh

Quote from: "aliscrapper"Does anyone know if the Snow White ride is or will be having any more refurbishment?? They were doing some refurbishments to it last September when I went to DLP and I'm desperately hoping it will be open this September when we return to DLP??
I think that's unlikely. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Meph"
Quote from: "aliscrapper"Does anyone know if the Snow White ride is or will be having any more refurbishment?? They were doing some refurbishments to it last September when I went to DLP and I'm desperately hoping it will be open this September when we return to DLP??
I think that's unlikely. :)

I hope so!  Thanks! :thumbs:

peter

It does seem that management want the 20th to be special

Macchiato

Great to see all these refurbishments going on. Although I have to say I'm a bit worried for our trip in September - with so many rehabs going on the park starts to look like a construction site. Would be gutted to return to DLRP after so many years only to see everything covered in tarps.  ;) I'm starting to think it would have been better to go next year for the 20th.

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Macchiato"Great to see all these refurbishments going on. Although I have to say I'm a bit worried for our trip in September - with so many rehabs going on the park starts to look like a construction site. Would be gutted to return to DLRP after so many years only to see everything covered in tarps.  ;) I'm starting to think it would have been better to go next year for the 20th.

We're going in September and was starting to think the same thing.  Has just made me more determined to save the pennies to go back next year and join in the celebrations! :D/

Owain

Quote from: "JelleP"So, what's getting refurbished at the moment?
- Sleeping Beauty Castle;
- Big Thunder Mountain;
- The Old Mill;
- Fantasyland pavement;
- Colonel Hati's Pizza Outpost;
- Rainforest Café(?);
- Disney's Sequoia Lodge Hotel;
- Newport Bay Club's lighthouse;

- Walt's - An American Restaurant
- Fantasyland Festival Stage (By the looks of disney gazette's pictures, this may just be the floor !)
- Toad Hall (By the looks of disney gazette's pictures, this may just be the floor !)
- Captain Hooks Ship (Well hasnt started yet, but shouldve !  :evil: )

And i guess if where just saying constructions fences or areas under development right now;

- World of Disney
- Earl of Sandwich

So DLP really sounds like a construction site right now  :P

dagobert

Refurbishment on Main Street USA continues. Now The Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour is under scaffolding.

http://www.dlp.info/News/2011/05/even-more-scaffolding/

Photo by InsideDLParis