Disney+

Started by JMB, June 26, 2019, 10:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

Just wanted to get a thread going on the Disney+ service which launches in the US later this year.  Would be good to hear your thoughts and any news on what we could expect in the UK and throughout Europe.

Anthony

Just a month now until Disney+ hits the UK at last. (Still that long?!)

A limited time deal gets you a year for £49.99 instead of £59.99: https://preview.disneyplus.com/uk

Anyone signed up already? I'm struggling to see the value with my creaking shelves of movies on disc, and it's not like Disney produce many films which really grab me these days amongst the endless remakes. Maybe if it included the whole of the old Walt Disney Treasures DVD sets, ready to stream? Wouldn't that be awesome? (If it does then please take my £50 now)

norhel

Even though it looks like a nice product, I'm not sure if I'm in.
As I usually don't watch much streaming.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Mushu_Stitch

I've done the pre-order deal. My husband and I have done it more for the nostalgia of rewatching our favourite Disney Channel shows/films from our childhood as well as the marvel/star wars series that will exclusively be on there. £49.99 does sound like a lot as you have to pay it all upfront but that does work out at less than £5 a month so can't really complain 

never2old

Well now that it's been available for a couple of days, what do you guys think?

We've seen the first couple of episodes of the Mandalorian and loved them! I've also started the Imagineering Story and for that show alone Disney+ is totally worth it!!

And I've started my daughter's education :D She's loving the Rescue Rangers show, we'll go to the old Ducktales episodes next... And this weekend we'll watch some of the old movies I used to love as a kid - love it that  they have so many of the old films!!

norhel

Quote from: never2old on March 26, 2020, 03:37:29 PM
Well now that it's been available for a couple of days, what do you guys think?

We've seen the first couple of episodes of the Mandalorian and loved them! I've also started the Imagineering Story and for that show alone Disney+ is totally worth it!!

And I've started my daughter's education :D She's loving the Rescue Rangers show, we'll go to the old Ducktales episodes next... And this weekend we'll watch some of the old movies I used to love as a kid - love it that  they have so many of the old films!!
Sounds nice 🙂
Here in Norway Disney Plus isn't available yet, so I don't know what I think yet. Still not sure if I should subscribe or not.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

JMB

Love Disney+.  Admittedly, being in 'Lockdown' does make it more valuable than it may have been.  But, so far, we've had a Pirates binge, I've started MCU in chronological order (with some help from Netflix), loving Imagineering Story and Jeff Goldblum.  And, best of all, my 4 year old has become a Gummi Bears and Star Wars (also watching in chronological order) fan.

Well worth the money and hopefully plenty to keep us occupied in the future