Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

Yes, they are LEDs.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

coruscantpt

Quote from: "javalos1991"Yeah, those definitely arent LED's on the Castle. More like projections or lasers (most likely lasers). Also, just checked Radio Disney Club's web page. You can see a tiny peek of the fountains as well as some projections. Nothing major but exciting lol.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... -photos%2F

They are LED's. They were used already during the show of Aurora for Christmas. We could see the LED's easily then.

DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Robert97

° o ° today: new "tips" have been added on the fountains of DISNEY DREAMS - Photo: InsideDLParis

Picture via Disneyland Paris - Fans

But why did they put nozzles on was it to stop the big gush of water we could sort of see in the testing pictures. So I presume the jet radios will be thinner but still go very high just that the fountain radios isn't to big. What's everyone else's thoughts on this ?

Picture via http://www.radiodisneyclub.fr

Josh

Oh, they were putting nozzles on them? If that's the big fountains in the testing photos, then that would make sense. But I would have thought that they wanted the thick gushing water effect as well.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

I thought the large fountains were supposed to be as high as the castle? Those test photos sure don't look promising height-wise.

Robert97

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I thought the large fountains were supposed to be as high as the castle? Those test photos sure don't look promising height-wise.

No doubt they will be higher than what we see :D

Lorum

It is obvious that Steven didn't find what he was waiting for. I'm studing hydraulics engineering and, believe me, those fountains were not designed for that, and it may cause problems.

I think they're testing new nozzle effects, because it seems there are different models.

Becksy

Any idea what time the Disney Dreams show might run? we are going on 12th, with a park closing time of 9.30pm

Lorum

In that case, probably at 9:00 pm.

Becksy

Hmmm, think we will have to 2 nights in a hotel then, as it sounds wayyyyyy too good to be missed! Thanks

Robert97

Source http://radiodisneyclub.fr/

We now have the dates of the final tests of Disney Dreams. For final, we're talking entire show with the water (fountains and water screens), fireworks and projections.

8, 12 and 15 March to test pyrotechnics used for final Disney Dreams
21 and March 23 for a dress rehearsal.

Moreover, during fireworks on St. Patrick and St. David, some rockets were used in those of the party show for future tests. Despite preparations for 20 years these two fireworks are stored. Do not forget!

St. Patrick March 17

St. David March 7

Source http://radiodisneyclub.fr/

Today we notice small changes. Yesterday jets changes were made on the side of the moat, right (we do not see too much difference because the LED rings with the tips of the fountains were removed ...)

There is also one of the projectors pictured below (behind the castle theater) next to the projector right now is the projector on the left.

Below we can see a laser hidden in the castle closer and will serve also for Disney Dreams.

We have also observed that the stained glass window at the top of the castle was now replaced by a black plate. In this regard, we have no information about its usefulness if it can be assumed that the expectation of a new stained glass window or a technical requirement of the show?

Josh

Great update! :D The reason for the removal of the window is to turn it into a door that will open up in order for the star to come out.

They really don't have much time! I really hope they meet the deadline.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

Quote from: "Meph"Great update! :D The reason for the removal of the window is to turn it into a door that will open up in order for the star to come out.

Least the big fountains are now back to normal and will have the big radios.

Lorum

Quote from: "Robert97"
Quote from: "Meph"Great update! :D The reason for the removal of the window is to turn it into a door that will open up in order for the star to come out.

They were just tests.

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"
Quote from: "Robert97"

They were just tests.

I guess they decided to remove them because the show would of looked silly without the big radios of water.