Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoknew?

Quote from: "peterpanfan1953"
Quote from: "Whoknew?"Has someone already been to Disneyland Park when it was raining that evening? What happened to Dreams then?

We were there when it was raining during Dreams and it went off as normal... didn't notice anything missing either... full fire, full fireworks, etc... it actually made the lasers more impressive as they lit up all the rain/mist in the air.  It wasn't raining super heavily but it was a steady rain and we were wondering if anything would get cut but it didn't :)

Thank you a lot for the response!! :D
I was worried, especially because three friends of mine are coming with me next saturday who have never been to a disney theme park before and i hope they get the full expoerence :) now, im not sure whether it should rain or not, but care less now  :thumbs:

Anthony

Another video and another view of Disney Dreams!, just for completeness: the 10.30pm (second) showing on 1st April, this time filmed from further back, giving you an idea of how the show looks from roughly halfway between Casey's Corner and the end of Main Street, near the information board.

[youtube:10xzehnu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1XXB5rHLE[/youtube:10xzehnu]
It's a pretty good place to watch it, if you don't want to be jostling for position up at Central Plaza.

scampbunny

oooooo anthony - that is a good position..... might b one for us seein as ds2 cant understand waiting - plus, we r that bit closer to the exit for when the 'rush' starts  ;)

was wondering how it wud look further back - as long as this wasnt taken by a 7' bloke i shud b able to see - being a short arse  :lol:

always nice to see different viewings of this, u get to see diff bits depending where u r!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

Anthony

Quote from: "scampbunny"was wondering how it wud look further back - as long as this wasnt taken by a 7' bloke i shud b able to see - being a short arse  :lol:
6ft, with quite long arms :oops:

It is quite a good view from there though, because of the distance and the way the castle is slightly raised. I made the mistake of standing in the middle-to-back of Central Plaza on a night when I wasn't filming. Lucky, because I barely saw a thing. The hub being slightly raised means the people around you block everything out, especially if they've got children on their shoulders. So whatever you do, don't join the back of the Central Plaza crowd.

The best place to watch I think is the pavement at the front of Central Plaza, where you're both close enough that the show is practically up above you, and also raised up above everyone else thanks to the curb. People also tend not to put children on their shoulders there, since you're so close. A slower exit from the park, but worth it.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has watched from even further back along Main Street, Town Square even. I can imagine it'd be fun to see from there as something different, but you wouldn't feel anywhere near as wowed.

scampbunny

ok so not quite 7' ;) lol

yes, had heard that central plaza has a 'lump' in the middle so will bare that bit in mind..... altho, it will depend how long ds2 can stay in one place, and how crowded it gets, otherwise he cud freak out......  

have got to keep them awake yet - but have 3 nights to see it (cant see 1st night happening) so down to 2 and i want to do photos too.......... i need a longer holiday hahahaha

we might end up further back if things dont work out - so will sure to video part/take pics to show.....

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

dlpfan1992

I found this on youtube of dreams with different pyro affect.

[youtube:3aeto1f8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTPRQOdIQws[/youtube:3aeto1f8]

DLRP Roundup!

2:45 onwards? Defo looks like fireworks instead of fire, and more colourful fireworks.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

15MagicalYears

Here's another video showing the new pryo. Starting at around 4:15-

[youtube:2rfdmao0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEcpXrqq3VM[/youtube:2rfdmao0]

It's not a huge change, but I did prefer the original pyro.

Elwell2009

Prefer the original really  :o

dlpfan1992

Well both our videos are from about the same time. Maybe a last minute problem with the pyro.  :)

DisneyDancer92

I saw a video of the show for the first time last night- I started crying so badly! I couldnt help it- the music, the videos, etc it just hit a very emotional place! The "Disney classics" video at "Art of Disney Animation" has a similar effect.

I am completely in awe of the show!! Never seen anything like it :D!!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

DLP-Photos.com

Although those pyro changes don't ruin the overall awesomeness of the show, I do hope it was temporary due to some problems. The originals had all the power and bit of extra that makes this show what it is :P
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

CafeFantasia

I want to say something controversial. I think Dreams looks better in Anthony's video than it actually does in person. When I saw it last weekend (11th, 12th, 13th), the sky wasn't as black and the projections didn't seem as bright and colourful as in the video.

dlpfan1992

I am afraid that will only get worse as sunset gets later and later until Summer solstice.  ;)

CafeFantasia

I think the video looking better than the reality is a combination of two things:

1. Video cameras have a narrower dynamic than the human eye, which means that video often looks higher contrast (more colourful) than reality.
2. If the sky isn't completely pitch black (which it wasn't when I saw it) then the castle can never fully disappear and the projections don't look as vivid because the castle is always illuminated by the sky.

There's also the possibility that Anthony adjusted the Levels and increased the Saturation of his footage in post-production.