When did DLRP last do something that really excited you?

Started by captain rocket, April 09, 2011, 07:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

Very straightforward question, I was just wondering when Disney last made an announcement or opened an attraction that really got you excited. Last time for me was when they opened the Hollywood Tower Hotel since then nothing Disney has done or announced has excited me and surley this is bad news for such a major draw like Disney. What do you think is going wrong?

CafeFantasia

Right, same here, the last thing they did that excited me was open the Tower of Terror. Thing is, as cool as the Tower of Terror is, it wasn't as original or as innovative as Space Mountain was back in 1995. Space Mountain in 1995 was magic.

pussinboots

Well, I'm weird. I thought Hollywood Boulevard was much more exciting than the Tower of Terror. So that's it, pretty much. Of course, then that whole development was sort of stopped dead in its tracks.

It also excites me whenever they seem to get something right, like right now with the castle's renovation or the design of World of Disney, but when was that sort of vision last paired with a really big, juicy budget? Probably 1995.

davewasbaloo

Hmmmm difficult. I am really please Tarzan is coming back. But yes, the last time DLP did something right IMHO was Hollywood Bvd and Tower of Terror. Sad really. Funny thing is they do not need to spend a huge amount to make me happy. It is how they choose to spend that matters.
since 2001 (many before that)

15MagicalYears

I agree with the Hollywood Blvd & TOT, more placemaking would get me excited more than any new attraction for WDS could.

ed-uk

Difficult one. I always find DLP exciting and look forward to going.  I am excited by the refurbs. Would like to see a bigger Backlot in the WDS, more film sets and places to explore.  I could spend a day exploring Disneyland Park.
Ed & David

peter

when they announced that ratatouille the ride is coming soon

ed-uk

And Ratatouille, that goes for me, too,
Ed & David

dagobert

For me it was when Disney announced all the refurbs of DLP and when they built TOT and Hollywood Blvd.

Quote from: "peter"when they announced that ratatouille the ride is coming soon

Until now Disney didn't announce Ratatouille.

nemo1981

For me it definitely was the announcement of refurbishing the castle and choosing colors that are very close to the original ones! I have been hoping for yeeeeeaaaaars that they would go back to the original colors! So that made me really,really excited!:-)

littlemermaid83

Having only attended DLP since 2008 I'm not really sure. I would say probably the castle refurb that is going on at the moment.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Scissorsboi

Tower etc have definately been some of the highlights recently, but for me one small thing excited me. The Remy AA, it was a sign that Paris was getting something new and original invested in them, they got the AA developed and used first, it was what looked like a step towards the little extra details that other parks get, and we'd always had second hand when they were outdated and tacky looking. Sadly, that seems to be the only time it's been something truely magical which is original to Paris since (a throwback to the "lets make the Paris park the best park we can" mentality which had been lost).

Currently I'm excited for the new Village developments, but surely that means something is wrong, when I get excited for a 3rd party restaurant, and a new shop. If that was to happen at WDW then it'd be a 'oh yeah and they opened a shop, but look at the cool changes in the park' thing, in Paris it's a major deal.

If they did Phantom Manor for the 20th Anniversary with a few new scenes/effects (I'd LOVE to see the new hitch hiking ghosts effect used with the Phantom, could be genuinely scary!) then I'd definately class it as a highlight of recent years.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ed-uk

The new developments in Disney Village are important though, it's all about expanding the Resort and the offerings they have. So it's exciting in that way.
Ed & David

captain rocket

What is most interesting is that it does'nt necessarily mean a huge investment to keep us happy! No surprise that no one has mentioned the various yearly incarnations or the hub shows that seems to have eaten up a fair proportion of the yearly budgets. I for one am quite content that we don't have a major new attraction if our beloved park could return to something like the quality we used to enjoy in the good old days! Obviously we did'nt know that they were the good old days then! who knows maybe the future will bring some great improvement but given the current economic situation it would seem to be fairly unlikely.

traveller

I was very excited with

1. Disney Characters' Express (Le Petit Train des Personnages Disney), and still I am  :D/ I was really looked forward to it each time I was in DLRP the last few years.

2. the Enchanted Fireworks with that music from the movie Enchanted

3. New Years Eve with carols, snow, the special dinner and afterwords the countdown and the fireworks

However, I was a little bit exchited when I first heard about Playland but I was disapointed afterwards  :shock:  and now: I look forward to Ratatouille  :D
Previous Visits:
March 1990 Disneyland Anaheim (one day visit)
May 1995 Disneyland Paris (one day visit)
June 2007 Hotel Cheyenne
August 2008 Sequoia Lodge
December 2009 Hotel New York
December 2010 Newport Bay Club