Disney on ice - a disneyland adventure

Started by jackieann, March 06, 2011, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackieann

Hi all

Thinking of booking late tickets to take my 2 this coming sat to see the above show.

Anyone seen it?? would it be o.k for a 5 and 3 year old who do LOVE disney?

Any advice??

Thanks

Elaine

have you been to Disney on Ice before? my daughter loved them all when she was little - I think we've seen 4 or 5 of them, all worth it in my opinion.

Elaine

jackieann

no, not been yet, what about sitting views?? just worried they wont be able to see. altho saying that they are charging 131 for 4 tickets, so at that price should be o.k. what do you think??

Ouchie's Mummy

Hi

We saw it last week at the NEC for my daughters birthday (DD is 12 but we are both huge Disney fans).  We did enjoy it.  There was a phantom manor dance which was quite dark and the basic story is that Maleficent tries to take over  Disneyland and the Incredibles have to save Minnie and Donald who have been put to sleep by Maleficent.  I wouldn't say it was scary, just quite loud and sometimes a bit dark.  All in all though it was a good show.  We booked our tickets on a special offer thing back in December and paid £32 for both including booking fees.  We were 3 rows up on the tiered seating so had a really good view.  Anything else you need, just let me know.
Linda x

jackieann

My DD would love it. my son may be a little bit spoked but have both been on phantom manner a few times so should be be o.k.  

Thanks for the info on what its about my son does love the incredibles.  Hopefully if they still have tickets left will book mon or tues.

jackieann

Also Linda

How long does the show go on for??

Jackie

strawjaw

I went to the Liverpool one on Wednesday with my 2 year old girl- and we loved it.
I found the Phantom Manor scene to be excellent, but my little girl wasn't as enamored with it as me. She didn't cry, or freak out or anything but she went very quiet and was unsure of it. She was clapping and cheering along with the rest of the crowd for the rest of it.
We had front row seats, rinkside, and they were amazing. Definitely worth the money.

Our show started 15 minutes late, at 7.15, and the interval was about 8, we left the arena at 8.50, so I reckon each half is about 40/45 minutes long. With a 20 minute interval.
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

jackieann

just booked tickets, not the best seats ever but hopefully my 2 will like it!! at least if my DS doesn't its not loads of money spent on tickets.   Not going to tell them, just tell them we are going out for the day now!!!

ulak

This show is great for little children (6-11 i mean) - for older can be a little bit boring - something like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But still with a Disneyland(US) great magical  touch!  :thumbs:

[youtube:epp63ewa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pl2yTDAgLM[/youtube:epp63ewa]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Ouchie's Mummy

Quote from: "jackieann"Also Linda

How long does the show go on for??

Jackie

Hi

It was about an hour and a half (ish) with about a 10 minute interval which is a nice length so that little ones don't get fidgety.  At the end the characters stood at the front of the ice and people were going down and shaking hands with them.  I wasn't allowed to as apparently it isn't cool to do that when you are 12 - it is fine to do it at Disney when you aren't likely to bump into anyone you know!!!

Hope you enjoy it.
Linda x